Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2019

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I have no interest in playing 6v6 either, if that's all they're offering in the beta without any glimpse into the 50v50 I don't even think it's worth downloading.

spronk

FPS noob
yeah max right now is 10v10, i doubt they'll even show the 32v32 warzone stuff this weekend

the lobbys do show two things, the type of input the player (controller for everyone i've seen so far) and platform (PS4 only this weekend). they will allow cross play this release, but not sure exactly what the rules are on inputs, console vs pc, etc

lot of weapons, 8 ARs 6 SMGs then more shotguns, LMGs, DMRs, and snipers. Usual tweaking of weapons, its not like WW2/BO4 where you have a pick-10 system, instead it just seems you can have up to 5 diff attachments on a gun, 3 perks, and 2 lethal/tactical. Classes have some minor abilities but no "superpowers" like BO4.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I played way too many hours of CoD4 and MW2, and for how arcade-y they were, they were probably my favorite multiplayer games of all-time this side of Battlefield 1942.

Very late last night realized the beta was active, decided to download it and played a couple of hours:

• guns are definitely "heavier", movement isn't quite as smooth. Not sure how I feel about this. Mixing arcade and realism usually just makes it worse all around.
• was able to get a 10ks and run a chopper gunner in my 2nd game (I have not played an online console game since MW2, it was painful). The initial weapons are bad, so true to CoD form, there will probably be some select weapons you will never move off of. The gap was large in some of these weapons.
• the visuals on ps4 were bad. Idk if it was some kind of bloom effect, but everything was somewhat fuzzy and off. Some over attempt at building atmosphere or some shit.

It was still fun to just lone wolf it and try to kill as many people as possible. Like fuck capture the flag, let me just rack up kills and shit. I'll go play a different game for teamwork. Ground war domination should be a blast again. In a lot of ways it felt like a copy of MW & MW2 and i am completely ok with that. It would be even better if they smoothed outthe gameplay and tried to make it less America's Army-ish in gunplay.

I'll probably pick this up. I found myself critiquing it, but wanting to come home and play more today. There is just something so satisfying about playing the lanes of maps, racking up kills, abusing killstreaks, while just running around in a small chaotic map. Its quick accessibility and purely reactionary.

I'm excited. Miss this sort of game.

spronk

FPS noob
there are a ton of effects you have to turn off on PS4 (and prob all platforms), i turned off motion blur, film grain, and a few other things to get a nice, clean sharp image. I have no idea why all that extra bullshit is turned on by default

• 1Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
there are a ton of effects you have to turn off on PS4 (and prob all platforms), i turned off motion blur, film grain, and a few other things to get a nice, clean sharp image. I have no idea why all that extra bullshit is turned on by default

That's good to hear. I only got to play 6-7 matches so I didn't even bother with looking. It was bad though, I found myself often times sitting still trying to process what was going on from afar on screen.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So both my kids (of course) played this during PS4 beta weekend and they both said the same thing, the TTK is shit. Most COD games are bad, but this one is even worse. Gives you absolutely no chance in reacting, its who sees who first wins. And they are die hard COD fans. (of course)

spronk

FPS noob
beta is live, its cross play although pc/xb1 users can't get in until tomorrow. So far the max cap is still 20 (10v10), its pretty ludicrous they aren't letting us see 32v32 or 50v50. Wonder if neither mode works.

re: TTK, I dunno i think its too early to say. Some classes/specs have way more survivability than others. I tried playing with a shotgun for a while and people with SMGs were killing me ez-mode, even if got the drop on em, unless I was in melee range. Its just that weapons handle and feel slower which makes it feel like TTKs are so low. Still, I don't really love it so far.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Whats the tic rate aiming for in this one? It was pretty fucking bad in BO4.

Hekotat

Still going to give it a shot tomorrow, but from what I've read it sounds bad.

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So far 32x32 is NOT a replacement for battlefield. Tic is off or laggy since I've had a few now I get hit indicators with my LMG and then on replay they dont get hit at all.

• 1Like

Hekotat

They specifically mentioned 50 v 50, that was the one I wanted to know about.

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So, the big games I think play poorly, if just because uav is perma up so there's no flanking anyone unless they are retarded or you use up that perk slot at much higher levels. (Has a very good choice in the same slot if you are any good)

Been enjoying the smaller games even though I preffered like 12 or 18 v 12/18 back in the day.

spronk

FPS noob
32 v 32 is NUTS. It feels like old school battlefield 4 except vehicles drive like SHIT, everyone is playing only the assault class (not even sure if there is something like medic tbh), and no one plays in a squad/team its all solo sniper/rusher/rocketman.

it is pretty fun, the maps are decent but not as good as the classic battlefield maps, but it also doesn't really feel like call of duty at all. It is totally different, I'll try it out at release I've enjoyed the few rounds I tried.

I didn't have any lag or FPS problems on PS4 Pro, things ran pretty smooth although I imagine it would be a lot better on PC. One nice thing is in options I can set crossplay to disabled, so I only play against other ps4 controller players (or turn it on if I wanna get curbstomped by PC FPS).

NVG is in the beta too, nightvision only small team mode play. Its pretty weird but fun. I like all these different play styles, map sizes, etc it gives a lot of variety.

Hekotat

My name on the blizzard launcher has been Hekotat since it's creation, however, for some reason in this game my name is Firesofheaven and it won't let me change it...

even in Destiny 2 it was Hekotat, no idea what's going on.

Hekotat

TTK is stupid, like 1 to 2 hits and you're dead. That's a pass for me.

• 1Solidarity

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Do you have to have this pre ordered to play or can you just get into beta? Announcements I've seen say you need to pre order then others saying no, just want to find out prior to a 42gb download

Hekotat

Do you have to have this pre ordered to play or can you just get into beta? Announcements I've seen say you need to pre order then others saying no, just want to find out prior to a 42gb download

Pre-order was to get early access on friday, it's open to all now.