Call of Duty: WW II 2017

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Good thing about hdr oled? So fucking amazing. Bad thing about hdr oled? Too fucking amazing.

Ortega

Vyemm Raider
One of the perks you can assign your retard is not resetting score streaks to zero every time you die, however it takes a bit more points to get scorestreak items and you can only get each scorestream item one time. I have that set on all my chars, don't do it if you are a FPS god and can go 10-0 no probs but for us mere mortals it makes scorestreaks a lot more accessible, in a few War games I've actually gotten the higher scorestreaks.

You can also "test" scorestreaks in the base area now, in the top left area of the map there's a tower that lets you see each one in action, that is definitely very cool.

Do you actually think I'm unaware of that fact? I'm way to lazy to go check the numbers, but you are insane if you think getting a recon plane once per game for something like 900 points is worthwhile..... If you aren't using recon plane then that really speaks volumes. I can consistently get any sub 700 point score streak, but it's fucking idiotic to even try for the higher ones. I swapped out my fighter pilot for fire bomb run and got a total of one last night which was so totally OP that it didn't kill a single fucking person, because none of my dipshit teammates could get a recon plane (assuming they even had it equip). Mind you the napalm strike is almost the same thing in BO1 and it cost a total of 5 kills while the fire bomb run in this game costs 1050 points (basically 10 kills).

You are so full of shit anyways because you can't get score streaks in War mode....

Last edited:
  • 1Picard
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 1 users

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Maps in this CoD are terrible, id say thats the only issue we have aside from the lack of HC modes.

Mr_Bungle

Interstellar Botanist
<Gold Donor>
Maps in this CoD are terrible, id say thats the only issue we have aside from the lack of HC modes.

That is sad to hear. I really liked the map design in the last WW2 COD. The jungle maps like Knee Deep were great for sneaking around.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Play it for the SP if you live World War Two history and Dee I character depth. They did a great job there.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Play it for the SP if you live World War Two history and Dee I character depth. They did a great job there.
I've been hearing people who are into WW2 history, fucking hate it for the multitude of inaccuracies.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I've been hearing people who are into WW2 history, fucking hate it for the multitude of inaccuracies.

There is a lot of that all over. After reading d day from a German point of view, it brings it all to real. For example, people being shot to shit as they try to leave the transport as soon as the gate draws down. This never happened. They were trained to shoot when they were OUT of the transport in waist deep water. And they did that. Because they were short on fucking everything at this point.

The book is amazing because it’s true. They even call out American films. Which I would assume was “the longest day” with John Wayne. Cool thing is, I was there and got to see it in July. All that shit is still there. As well as read the books about people being interviewed by his great grandfather while he was a propagandist for a Wehrmacht press, and actually visualizing the places they are at as I saw one gun battery a guy was talking about.

Pretty epic shit. Those people were just like us. Hell, even in band of brothers shifty talked about “I don’t think we hated the Germans per se. we could have been good friends. He might of liked to fish, I may have liked to hunt”.

They didn’t know the evil a lot of the times. They heard rumors. They were programmed. A lot were blinded. They looked at france as a unified Europe and their sovereignty was beinf attacked. Pretty crazy stuff. But a couple developers went to Bastogne, and the Ardennes, and wanted to get it visually correct at least. For that, kudos. The rest has always been about a lot of BS. My great uncle was there. Landed after on Omaha. Never got to let the guy. My dad let me see his letter explaining how he won a silver star and Purple Heart though when he held a bunker by himself when all his friends were killed and he knocked off 13 Germans. Pretty epic to know my own bloodline was a part of that. He died later before I was born. He drank himself to death. :(

Anyway. I still like playing the SP because it’s a good story and in 4K hdr it’s epic as far as graphics go. I’m sure there are thousands of small stories no one knows about. To call something historically inaccurate, (not you. The author) while in the same breath pronably doesn’t denounce saving private Ryan in the same breath is pretty amusing.

Come to the book thread and read the d day book we are talking about. Puts a whole new perspective in things.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
With that said, I game flied it, I will let you know if there are inaccuracies. But there are pockets of stories everywhere no one has ever heard of.

spronk

FPS noob
I'm on mission 7 (out of 11) in vet mode, the difficulty kinda sucks dick since i end up dying a lot to shit I can't see at all but i'm sure its a lot easier on normal mode. Story is pretty blah and tropey, most of it is focused on your sergeant and lieutenant who are arguing a lot and its pretty silly, you don't really get any broad history broad strokes. I'm pretty sure the character you play is mentally retarded, he's just a big dumb guy who has a texas drawl, agrees to everything, and everyone in your squad has to constantly call out your name to get you to do shit like they all know you ride the short bus.

a ton of collectibles (66 total I think) and "heroic moments" where you have to pull a person to safety or shoot a nazi before they kill a buddy. getting them all in one play through without guides i think would be impossible.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Most were 18 year old kids fighting this war. 18-21? Yeah. I was retarded then too. Not defending activision here but we are talking about guys that hadn’t even kissed a girl yet, fighting and dying over there so I can sit my ass on a couch with football food in my belly watching this OLED.

They did what they were told because they had no clue what else to do.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This game is actually fun. Im sorry but it is. I havent even fucked with single player yet, but I been playing War online and some of the maps and objective set pieces are fun as fuck.

My last game I had 3 Nazis trying to cap a bridge.Basically you gotta get more bodies on the zone beacon to cap the area, which would win the game for that side. So its basically like Overwatch offense/defense set-up instead of a team deathmatch meat grinder. This is very important because they are actually forcing the player to focus on something else besides killing other players, which changes the dynamic of how the match plays out.

But anyway those 3 nazis ALL went prone and were laying right on the entrance of the bridgehead. The timer was slowly being capped and I had just switched to Mountaineer (Sniper) and had the Lee Enfield with basic scope. I head shotted all 3 of them and stopped the cap, winning the game. It showed it in the bronze star replay or whatever, it was fucking amazing. The position I took was on a second floor of a bombed out building, and its not the first area you would look as an attacker going for the bridge, they were all focused on the other end of the bridge where the bulk of the rest of my team was firing from.

As people learn the maps I guess you wont be able to pull stuff like that off because they will be looking for it, but fuck its fun when people dont know the maps yet.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
So youre playing Core mode then? I just cant deal with the dumbness of hit markers, the lack of HC CTF makes me wish i skipped out this year.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Most were 18 year old kids fighting this war. 18-21? Yeah. I was retarded then too. Not defending activision here but we are talking about guys that hadn’t even kissed a girl yet, fighting and dying over there so I can sit my ass on a couch with football food in my belly watching this OLED.

They did what they were told because they had no clue what else to do.

googling around says the average age of a GI in WW2 was about 26. Vietnam was 19.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I have tried hardcore but too many people camp.

Best experience is core tdm, as domination and hardpoint type games also breed campers.

Camping in tdm is retarded as you can't rack up enough points to have a noticeable effect on the game. So more people run and gun which makes the game infinitely more enjoyable.

Sadly you gotta get to like lvl 32 and get infantry to lvl 4 to actually play decent. Ordnance and fast move while ads is too good. I have been running with a stg 44 with damage modifiers and do pretty well. I'm getting a care package and fighter pilot ks almost every match now.

Bayonetting people is also pretty fucking satisfying, as a lot of players seem to prefer non infantry builds and can't match you in melee.

Pilforgod

Silver Knight of the Realm
Is this game worth picking up now? I really really enjoy WWII having read a shitload of books on it, I'm sure the story line is good but is MP just a shitfest now?

spronk

FPS noob
The SP campaign actually kinda sucks and gets a bit way too goofy and ham fisted at the end, but I play a few games of MP every week still and enjoy it. I'd play on console, not PC, PC tends to be super dead for COD soon after launch. Its nothing special MP wise, like you could swap between BO3/Infinite Warfare/WW2 and honestly they all play mostly the same if you use the boots on the ground game mode, so its really just a question of what aesthetic pleases you the most. Its very tight corridor, small map, super fast TTK, lotta snipers and shotguns kinda game but you can play with brain off and just kill some kids and enjoy hearing them yell.

I'd highly recommend playing hardcore mode, you only need 1-2 bullets for a kill, no radar (except when recon is active) so makes for less stupid bullshit and I find I tend to do a lot better, whereas in regular TDM I run across a lot of floppers and people who make crazy snipes. Some games I'm #1 and some games i'm dead last so the range of player skill is pretty wide on PS4.

War mode in WW2 is also really fun, much more objective based. One thing I'm really glad is not buying the season pass this go around, just the base game has been perfectly fine for me.

Brad2770

My son was pretty stoked he got to roam around a ship featured in a video game.

djeddGJ.jpg