Camelot Unchained MMO

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Crowfall is an MMO for sure characters are persistent but campaigns world's aren't. Honestly it's exactly like WOW expansions if you think about it abstractly. Ever few weeks years the game resets and all your gear is worthless and the old world is forgotten. I know I'm stretching things here, but it's an interesting thought.
Crowfall is definitely in the grey area as far as being an MMO is concerned. I dont know about CU, didnt look at it because WAR. But since we have Star Citizen (not an MMO) and Gamerpin/38 Studios (not even games, much less MMOs) threads here, why would anyone care. The MMO definition is different from person to person anyway, so all it is good for is some cheap shots on a forum. /rustle off

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
*IF* SC actually puts more then a counterstrike map worth of people into direct contact with each other I might consider it an MMO (with heavy instancing - but that's standard these days). How many people will be able to interact with each other is not something they can prove this year though, probably not even next year.

What's an MMO by your definition though? By modern industry standard Path of Exile would probably get away with calling itself MMO, after all you have persistant characters and some of their game modes even feature involuntary pvp. That's more then GW2 has.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I feel like you need semi-persistant worlds, 100+ simultaneous players and semi-persistant characters in them to be called an MMO.

Semi-persistant meaning the worlds stay up in their state for at least a week.

K13R

Bronze Knight of the Realm
There is a lot of misinformation in this thread about the game. Unfortunately, i cannot really correct the wrong information because as an IT tester i would be breaking the NDA, and i know they are very hardcore about people outside of IT/Alpha discussing the game.

A few things i think i can comment on are.

The spells are not infinitely ranged. Active dodging works.Meaning, if you stand still. You will be hit. If you move out of the way, they will miss you. There may be a time or two you don't get out of the way, but remember the game is very basic now, there is no stats added or subtracted to effect right now. It really is barebones as it was shown. As announced by Mark and echo'd by a lot of the CSE people, now that the based tech is in place, they expect to churn out the stuff that makes this a game over the next quarter. If you want to judge the game because the art doesn't fit you, then so be it,or how it looks and plays now in very early alpha, well i'd say stay tuned. Did you see what daoc looked like in alpha?
smile.png
I can show a screenshot if you've forgotten, it's horrible.

Crowfall has very cartoony graphics, that's a put off for myself. I have a Alpha 1 or 2 for crowfall (whatever the $150 is). I would say i am more pro CU then CF simply because i do not like the non persistent nature of Crowfall. Still unsure why it's even in the MMORPG sub forum here? Is it a moba? a Mmorpg (how?)? A ladder game? Doesn't make much sense.

I am definitely more Pro FFA then RvR. But, Mark's publicly said if there is the players there for FFA he'll do it. If not? Maybe he can do what Guild wars 2 failed to do . Do RvR correctly since DAOC. What better option do we have? Crowfall? Unity has time and time again shown that it doesn't do large battles (FPS wise) very well. We'll see
smile.png
But then again i'm more of a CU fanboy i guess.
How dare you, we as a rerolled community are wrapping our ample lips around Crow Falls cack and ready to give it a proper sucking. We have already sucked MJ's cack and he cam in our face and never called us again so fuck him...Now Crow Fall is the new Hawtness and it time to holster that cack in our collective mouths. Step off

Vitality

HUSTLE
How dare you, we as a rerolled community are wrapping our ample lips around Crow Falls cack and ready to give it a proper sucking. We have already sucked MJ cack and he cam in our face and never called us again so fuck him...Now Crow Fall is the new Hawtness and it time to holster that cack in our collective mouths. Step off
Ya he hit me
I still love him tho
I hope he calls me soon...

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Delaying your beta isn't a surprise. Delaying it 6+ months because one of your newly hired devs fell through is a really disconcerting event. I hope that as a game goes into beta, the programming tasks are tweaking feature complete modules, fixing bugs, refactoring systems, building tools, improving efficiency etc. You either need to have a shitshow of programming to need a programmer that bad (especially this close to beta) or it's a bullshit excuse.

Felmega_sl

shitlord
My hope and anticipation for the game have dropped. Losing top programmers hurts. Big delays hurt. I hope they can recover and then bring it. CU has a ton of potential from what Ive seen.

Tauro

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Its not the programmer alone. The released pics and videos frome the alpha build seem really bare bones (essentially a test client for performance optimization only, no real finished classes, no fleshed out graphics, no gameplay systems at all beyond basic movement and combat). No way they could have been ready for beta in august even if they didnt loose the new guy. 6 month delay is more of a minimum delay, i wouldnt be surprised if they need 1 more year to get to a real beta (bugfixing & tuning only before general release).

Drakurii

Golden Baron of the Realm
You fucking racists!!

Medieval Video Games - White Supremacy | National Review Online

If you like playing medieval-themed video games, you might not be just some harmless nerd - you might be a nerd who is also kind of a white supremacist. At least that's the opinion of Victoria Cooper, a Ph.D. candidate at the University of Leeds in England, who presented a paper titled "Playing Politics: Exploring Nationalism and Conservatism in Fantasy Video Games" at the International Medieval Congress earlier this month. "The Middle Ages is a space where white supremacy is legitimized," Cooper said, according to an article on Medievalists.net. "The maintenance of white privilege. The gamer community use 'historical facts' to legitimize this kind of literacy." According to the article, Cooper also added that "medievally-themed video games are a space where whiteness can be anchored, in a 'happy history' where a world is free of multiculturalism and white guilt.'"

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Id want to see her do an article on what it means when you play an extremely racist dunmer in morrowind ans run around calling people nweh.

Felmega_sl

shitlord
I guess that explains the new concept art for Pantheon's paladin class reveal.

hz15.jpg
That would actually be a really scary looking boss mob; appropriate for an end game instance where you kill a ton of nazi trash mobs to make it to him. Wouldnt be PC, but killing Nazis is always good to go..

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
You fucking racists!!

Medieval Video Games - White Supremacy | National Review Online

If you like playing medieval-themed video games, you might not be just some harmless nerd - you might be a nerd who is also kind of a white supremacist. At least that's the opinion of Victoria Cooper, a Ph.D. candidate at the University of Leeds in England, who presented a paper titled "Playing Politics: Exploring Nationalism and Conservatism in Fantasy Video Games" at the International Medieval Congress earlier this month. "The Middle Ages is a space where white supremacy is legitimized," Cooper said, according to an article on Medievalists.net. "The maintenance of white privilege. The gamer community use 'historical facts' to legitimize this kind of literacy." According to the article, Cooper also added that "medievally-themed video games are a space where whiteness can be anchored, in a 'happy history' where a world is free of multiculturalism and white guilt.'"
If you would have told me a few years ago I would be reading Breibart and the National Review I would of scoffed. But this new wave of easily offended cry-baby lefties has pushed me there.

Maric

N00b
I personally think Mark will produce a good MMO. I've never seen a dev have more interaction or be more transparent than Jacobs has been during the development of CU. Delay or not, I'm still really excited for this one.

Reht

Molten Core Raider
I personally think Mark will produce a good MMO. I've never seen a dev have more interaction or be more transparent than Jacobs has been during the development of CU. Delay or not, I'm still really excited for this one.
yeah, the level of interaction is pretty insane, i am still excited about it too.