Camelot Unchained MMO

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
If you would have told me a few years ago I would be reading Breibart and the National Review I would of scoffed. But this new wave of easily offended cry-baby lefties has pushed me there.
This.

Anyway, with Pathfinder Online turning out to be a well, turd, CU is the only other thing on my radar besides Crowfall or the extremely unlikely scenario of a Daybreak Games P99-tier PVP progression server. (Would quit job, divorce wife, burn mini van and sponsor $30,000 rerolled crack/lan party in the last scenario.)

K13R

Bronze Knight of the Realm
yeah, the level of interaction is pretty insane, i am still excited about it too.
Still optimistic myself or desperate 2 sides of the same coin. Marc had good interaction in warhammer before EA put the hammer down on it.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
or it's a bullshit excuse.
It's Jacobs. Just what do you expect from this asshat?

Why the fuck ANYONE is putting any faith what so ever in this idiot makes me cringe for the collective IQ of the forum.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
We did a Crowfall show and had someone on that apparently keeps tabs on both games. We essentially said CU is not a very original or innovative game (essentially recreating DAOC) where as Crowfall is trying something new with the campaign mechanic. We got a shit ton of trolls on our youtube channel white knighting CU. Even "one of their IT guys" was complaining about us.

Funny.

Redtah_sl

shitlord
We did a Crowfall show and had someone on that apparently keeps tabs on both games. We essentially said CU is not a very original or innovative game (essentially recreating DAOC) where as Crowfall is trying something new with the campaign mechanic. We got a shit ton of trolls on our youtube channel white knighting CU. Even "one of their IT guys" was complaining about us.

Funny.
They have been white knighting the game since before it was even out. I've backed the game and hope for the best. I had "forum" access within about 12 hours of it being live and was instantly disgusted away from them and have not really read since. At least now they have real forums, I guess.

I am not sure why I thought IT forums would be any better than any other internet forum but man, people bring up the most ridiculous and unrealistic ideas for games and get trains of comments about how good an idea it is. There were people with over 200 posts in less than 12 hours, aka before I even had access. Get that fucking bullshit talk out of my game forum, if it isn't about the game or being productive or taking about potential aspects of the game just delete it.

Reht

Molten Core Raider
They have been white knighting the game since before it was even out. I've backed the game and hope for the best. I had "forum" access within about 12 hours of it being live and was instantly disgusted away from them and have not really read since. At least now they have real forums, I guess.

I am not sure why I thought IT forums would be any better than any other internet forum but man, people bring up the most ridiculous and unrealistic ideas for games and get trains of comments about how good an idea it is. There were people with over 200 posts in less than 12 hours, aka before I even had access. Get that fucking bullshit talk out of my game forum, if it isn't about the game or being productive or taking about potential aspects of the game just delete it.
Yeah, felt the same way, i rarely go to the forums anymore

rolx_sl

shitlord
This.

Anyway, with Pathfinder Online turning out to be a well, turd, CU is the only other thing on my radar besides Crowfall or the extremely unlikely scenario of a Daybreak Games P99-tier PVP progression server. (Would quit job, divorce wife, burn mini van and sponsor $30,000 rerolled crack/lan party in the last scenario.)
lol burn mini van just cuz

Elidroth_sl

shitlord
I personally think Mark will produce a good MMO. I've never seen a dev have more interaction or be more transparent than Jacobs has been during the development of CU. Delay or not, I'm still really excited for this one.
The number of people who believe the talking head who makes all the videos and does all the interviews is actually building the game still amazes me.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
The number of people who believe the talking head who makes all the videos and does all the interviews is actually building the game still amazes me.
Yep, after being burned badly by WHO, I don't see how anyone falls for it again. A LOT more support given to that game no matter what the reasons for failure.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
Warhammer Online was an awesome game at any level. It was extremely challenging before they listened to the baddies and made flipping cities a benefit for eveyone. It had issues like Brighties and Sorcs puddle stacking and other random shit but they did many things correctly.

One of the things about WAR is that most of the content was community driven. On Gorfang we had all sorts of rivalries and trash talking. Those stemmed from a great community. I hope eitherCamelotor Crowfall have that. Your game could be shit or amazing and it doesn't matter. For a pvp game to work you need people who want conflict just to have it.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Funny.
I want (and threw 20's at) both of these games. DAoC2 would be fukin killer. So would Crowfall if it follows through with their promises.

I don't understand why people have to have only one type of game. Great line for a movie (there can be only ONE!), sux in real life.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Lol, the captain steers the ship. The direction and success (or failure), right or wrong, is his responsibility. Minions may do all the nuts and bolt work, but they will always be just hired hands doing the captain's bidding.

Do you blame the failure of 38 Studios on the minions?

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
I'm excited they're making an animation pass and these definitely look improved over what we've seen so far. I think one of the things that still stands out is there appears to be no recoil or follow through body movement on the animations, almost like the lower half is cemented to the floor. Still not bad for a first pass.

bizzy2010_sl

shitlord
Mark seems to make delays to make delays when they aren't getting to the point they should be at.What i mean is, even though there was a "Delay" the same people that would be playing and testing the game, are the same people today who were playing and testing the new nvidia terrain etc.. So really it's not really a delay per se, but more of not where they should be. Which is fine, as long as your paying customer/donator is still allowed to access some of the work you promised them. The game's not where it should be, but that's mostly because of hiring issues. Maybe since i am an IT tester, it doesn't bother me since i've been playing/testing the game for over 1.5 years or so lol..

People need to stop comparing crowfall and CU..

One is a ARENA pvp game, and one is a RVR mmorpg.

If you like Arena pvp, play crowfall. If you like factional PVP that's "static" and not resetting eg.. DAOC without the PVE.. Then play CU. One thing is for sure.

If it sucks, it will fail. If it's a good game and has a good community it'll prosper. Whether you like it or not.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Crowfall and cu can be easily compared because they are both pvp mmos with different design concepts. The major difference is the reset Mechanic. But even crowfall has faction play if that's your thing.

Calling crowfall an arena game and leaving off the MMO part because you think you're clever just makes you look retarded.

Debase

N00b
No reason not to hope for both games to succeed. Ultimately, their current states won't matter a whole lot when it comes to whether they work at launch. Either or both could end up flopping not because of their design concept, but because they fail on implementation. Certainly wouldn't be the first time an MMO with a great idea couldn't deliver.

In these PVP-based MMOs, the ability to provide seamless combat will be paramount. If their tech and design can't support lag-free or low lag combat in large scale battles, it really won't matter which has the better concept.