Camelot Unchained MMO

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
Here's hoping it won't be another stun festival. If so I'll stick to the low level battlegrounds where I can actually control my character.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Yeah nothing new with this game, just promises of "I learned my lesson and won't fuck up the same way again! And with less money!!"

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Yeah nothing new with this game, just promises of "I learned my lesson and won't fuck up the same way again! And with the money of the community with zero repercussions when it's terrible!
Or that.

MMORPGs are the last thing we needed to come to kick starter. Especially with people like these. Let the exploitation begin
frown.png

frown.png

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
Hopefully they keep it simple. I'm willing to throw money at the kickstarter for this quote:
The biggest difference is that RvR isn't the endgame -- it's the only game. Every system, skill, ability, gameplay element, etc., is geared toward RvR. There's almost no PvE (just a training area, some special events, etc.), and everything we add will always be tied into RvR.

This game, unlike almost every other MMO that has PvP/RvR, isn't trying to serve two masters. We only want to do one thing right by creating the best RvR experience in any MMO to date. While this will be quite difficult, as there have been some great games that have some great RvR embodied in them, we think we can do it.
I assume it will suck, but I'm a moron who keeps going back to the same dry well.

Swagdaddy

There is a war going on over control of your mind
So now instead of trying to find private funding for MMOs people are just trying kickstarters?

Say a couple things that sound good and then pocket tons of cash while the projects turn to vaporware if they even existed at all, I've already donated to like 2 and just feel stupid tbh.

AlekseiFL_sl

shitlord
What is kickstarter ?
Some of the Kickstarters latley are just Ponzi scheme's basically.

Major difference latley is that most of them the kickstarters even if funded then require later kickstarter and on, on like a computer loop.
Then when they cant get anymore kickstarters just becomes vaporware.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Sorry but he's trying to say WAR wasn't a flop. He didn't learn his lesson. This game will also be shit.

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
Some of the Kickstarters latley are just Ponzi scheme's basically.

Major difference latley is that most of them the kickstarters even if funded then require later kickstarter and on, on like a computer loop.
Then when they cant get anymore kickstarters just becomes vaporware.
links to these ponzi schemes? pretty sure people who get kickstarter funding are legally obligated to finish their project.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
links to these ponzi schemes? pretty sure people who get kickstarter funding are legally obligated to finish their project.
finishing a project and having a finished product are two totally different things. see also vanguard. also, so sick and tired of having hard factions. why does there have to be only 3 factions? why can't players make their own factions? 3 may be better than 2, but it's still gay.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
It's still a relatively untested thing. Kickstarter's TOS only requires that people either give out their fund rewards or refund anyone that can't give the reward to, since at least one reward level almost always includes the finished product, these generally go hand-in-hand. Kickstarter does warn people who start one that they could take "legal action on behalf of [their] backers," but to my knowledge this has yet to happen.

FromKickstarter:

If the problems are severe enough that the creator can't fulfill their project, creators need to find a resolution. Steps could include offering refunds, detailing exactly how funds were used, and other actions to satisfy backers
The pursuit of these projects with a guarantee doesn't work. A Kickstarter where every project is guaranteed would be the same safe bets and retreads we see everywhere else. The fact that Kickstarter allows creators to take risks and attempt to create something ambitious is a feature, not a bug.

Marple_sl

shitlord
I think most of you guys are wrong. The biggest mistake of the mmo market was to try please every player out there. MMOs were meant to be niche genre. Back in the days of UO, EQ and AC were niche games in the games market. Granted, World of Warcraft made the game makers go mad but WoW was and is an exception. In future I don't think we will see huge productions any more. The gaming industry will stop looking at WoW and start looking at games like EvE which for us can only mean a good thing. Who says a RvR based MMO wouldn't work? Planetside 2 anyone? Mark Jacobs just said the will be barely any PvE...well so do games like DoTa 2 or LoL. Lets just see and wait, I think they are on the right track.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
I'm on the fence about this. On the one hand, DAoC was the formative MMO experience for me, I played on and off up until about 18 months ago, and would still be playing if there were enough people to make RvR fun. Not only that, but I have a huge nerd boner for the athurian/norse/celtic mythology setting.

On the other hand, despite how fun RvR was, Mythic seemed to completely miss the point on what made their game so fun to play and made so many horrible decisions in the first 3 or 4 years of the game's lifespan, and then WAR happened and we all know how that went, so I'm really, really cautious of anything with the same crowd attached to it. I think it's a 'wait and see' thing, I love the setting and PvP MMO's so I'll definitely try it, and maybe chip in a few dollars, but I'm not going to get too worked up ahead of time.

Shano

Golden Knight of the Realm
Ugh.. so torn on this one. A lot of my early PC golden days came from early Mythic titles, namely Darkness Falls / Darkness Falls: The Crusade, and Magestorm (DAoC's entire concept was based off of DFC for those who don't know), and then Jacobs took a giant dump on that community and basically cut all support on them to focus on DAoC. Not really surprising as the communities in those games were all quite small.. but still, has never sat right with me.

And then we have.. well pretty much everything else Mark Jacobs has done. I dunno, need a lot more info and I'll have to see this kickstarter before I can decide anything I guess. If he can actually remember where his roots are and bring back some of the magic his early games had it could be a great game, imo.

AlekseiFL_sl

shitlord
Its called Sacrism 1st off my Ponzi scheme refrence.

Next Alot do finish the Kickstarters.

I myself love donateing to kickstarter think its great concept helps small teams of devs for niche project get it off the ground.

However lately their is trend for everyone doing this, and with that comes highly likely Fraud thus my Ponzi scheme refrence.

While Legally those did not finish and product becomes Vaporware are not offically commiting fraud, hell they might not have even attended to.
Just simpy ends up that way cause have some people at top of the mgmt of the kickstarter paying with all the licenses, hardware, and devs time paying themselves high salary.
Frankly those people im talking about should not be manageing 1 hooker, let alone small game studio was my point.

Trix_sl

shitlord
@MarkJacobs
SOLO STEALTHERS!!!!!!!!SOLO STEALTHERS!!!!!!!!SOLO STEALTHERS!!!!!!!!SOLO STEALTHERS!!!!!!!!

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Sorry but he's trying to say WAR wasn't a flop. He didn't learn his lesson. This game will also be shit.
It's really amazing to me that people can use the same tired scapegoats and excuses some of them have been using for years from the Mark Jacob's of the world. What is really terrible is that Kickstarter, which is a great concept and idea for some folks, is about to be abused as fuck by people like this guy, and soon, organizations like EA.

Why fund anything when you can bank on gamers to take the fall for it every single time.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
@MarkJacobs
SOLO STEALTHERS!!!!!!!!SOLO STEALTHERS!!!!!!!!SOLO STEALTHERS!!!!!!!!SOLO STEALTHERS!!!!!!!!
Stealthers can go die of AIDs. They were one of the single most irritating parts of RvR, and ditto for every other MMO that has them. Perma-invisiblity has no place in a PvP game.

AlekseiFL_sl

shitlord
It's really amazing to me that people can use the same tired scapegoats and excuses some of them have been using for years from the Mark Jacob's of the world. What is really terrible is that Kickstarter, which is a great concept and idea for some folks, is about to be abused as fuck by people like this guy, and soon, organizations like EA.

Why fund anything when you can bank on gamers to take the fall for it every single time.
See my reply UT totally agree.

Kickstarters are either great or will have tools like him that keep doing new kickstarter for more funds.

Even if the kickstarter has goals, hardware , software, hiring new devs etc their is gray area that the leaders of these small startups can fucking abuse the fuck out of.
Thus my Ponzi scheme refrence.