_
edit feb 2018: Beta Date / Vid

Last edited:

kudos

<Rickshaw Potatoes>
1d 17m
Reactions
600 307 0 0
Had me until it's strictly focused on RvR PVP. DAoC was cool because the single player game was fun and exciting too. I actually enjoyed leveling in the realms in DAoC.

Grim1

Blackwing Lair Raider
1d 22m
Reactions
2,272 218 0 0
Think a lot of people are hoping that this or Crowfall will deliver the rvr goods. Daoc is old and the current options are lame.

Vepil

B a n n e d
<Donors Crew>
5d 7h 3m
Reactions
2,962 155 0 0
Looking at those choke points, AoE is going to rule the sieges just like in war hammer is my guess.

K13R

Knight of the Realm
Reactions
3 0 0 0
Lol this is WIZBASKY voice over vid. He did a bunch of shitty swtor pvp vids.. think he now plays wow..

2002User

Knight of the Realm
Reactions
42 2 0 0
Crowfall will fall flat on it's face. The combat system is clunky and terrible. It doesn't matter how interesting and unique the scope or metagame will be.

Not saying that Camelot Unchained will be good either. But I haven't played it yet to properly judge.

Reactions
21 3 0 0
Whatever happened to this game? They raised a ton of money on Kickstarter and then even more later after.

Flobee

Knight of the Realm
1d 11h 17m
Reactions
143 3 0 0
Its still trucking along. I'm in the Alpha/Beta whatever its in now. Haven't bothered playing in months so cant comment on its status, but it is definitely still in development.

ZyyzYzzy

Registered Amod
<Moderators>
12d 20h 12m
Reactions
20,448 1,360 0 0
Only MMO on the horizon (lol pantheon) i want to play

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
<Donors Crew>
5d 18h 42m
Reactions
2,973 211 0 0
Those classes have me fully hyped, I hope it's good. I'd love a good RVR game for once since I missed out on DAoC.

uniqueuser

Lord Nagafen Raider
2d 12h 7m
Reactions
1,025 97 0 0
This game is over 4 years in dev now and they're still posting concept art updates.

Another stillbirth in the making.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
<Donors Crew>
14h 43m
Reactions
1,404 166 0 0
Eh they have something going with people working on it. This a goog 1 for Salty types.

Probably about as far along as Pantheon.

(90s canned laughter)

Still hoping it finishes, Mark Jacobs is a bro and I agree with his tri-realm / realm war end game philosophy for a pvp game.

From my readings, one of their hold ups has been finding super senior level programmers but they do have more than enough money (allegedly) to offer them now.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
<Donors Crew>
12h 42m
Reactions
779 181 0 0
Really think they would have done better off if they'd just copy-pasted SI era DAOC and added some of the quality of life improvements the genre has developed over the last 15 years. They had that shit nailed back in the day, why try to reinvent the wheel with things like skill systems? Game could have been released by now.

Reht

<Donors Crew>
21h 12m
Reactions
244 18 0 0
From my readings, one of their hold ups has been finding super senior level programmers but they do have more than enough money (allegedly) to offer them now.
Part of the problem has also been attracting that talent to Fairfax Virginia (according to them), but they are in the process of opening a satellite office in Seattle where they will have like 4 new hires working.

Really think they would have done better off if they'd just copy-pasted SI era DAOC and added some of the quality of life improvements the genre has developed over the last 15 years. They had that shit nailed back in the day, why try to reinvent the wheel with things like skill systems? Game could have been released by now.
Would have loved this myself. Hopefully they will make a PvE game to follow up CU, if it's successful. I have made a couple of comments about it and MJ hasn't said no...but more like something we can consider once CU has launched.

ZyyzYzzy

Registered Amod
<Moderators>
12d 20h 12m
Reactions
20,448 1,360 0 0
Part of the problem has also been attracting that talent to Fairfax Virginia (according to them), but they are in the process of opening a satellite office in Seattle where they will have like 4 new hires working.

Would have loved this myself. Hopefully they will make a PvE game to follow up CU, if it's successful. I have made a couple of comments about it and MJ hasn't said no...but more like something we can consider once CU has launched.
What Fairfax and Fairfax County are one of the nicer places in the fucking country...

Reht

<Donors Crew>
21h 12m
Reactions
244 18 0 0
What Fairfax and Fairfax County are one of the nicer places in the fucking country...
Don't disagree, just saying what they have been saying their experience has been with trying to get senior level programmers to move there.

Reactions
21 3 0 0
Don't disagree, just saying what they have been saying their experience has been with trying to get senior level programmers to move there.
sounds like a great excuse. "no one wants to come here... game is delayed and we need more money!"

where was mythic located? eq was developed in san diego right?