Camelot Unchained

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

kudos

<Banned>
Had me until it's strictly focused on RvR PVP. DAoC was cool because the single player game was fun and exciting too. I actually enjoyed leveling in the realms in DAoC.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Think a lot of people are hoping that this or Crowfall will deliver the rvr goods. Daoc is old and the current options are lame.

• 1Like

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
Looking at those choke points, AoE is going to rule the sieges just like in war hammer is my guess.

K13R

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Lol this is WIZBASKY voice over vid. He did a bunch of shitty swtor pvp vids.. think he now plays wow..

2002User

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Crowfall will fall flat on it's face. The combat system is clunky and terrible. It doesn't matter how interesting and unique the scope or metagame will be.

Not saying that Camelot Unchained will be good either. But I haven't played it yet to properly judge.

Elminage

N00b
Whatever happened to this game? They raised a ton of money on Kickstarter and then even more later after.

• 1Like

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Its still trucking along. I'm in the Alpha/Beta whatever its in now. Haven't bothered playing in months so cant comment on its status, but it is definitely still in development.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Those classes have me fully hyped, I hope it's good. I'd love a good RVR game for once since I missed out on DAoC.

uniqueuser

Vyemm Raider
This game is over 4 years in dev now and they're still posting concept art updates.

Another stillbirth in the making.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Eh they have something going with people working on it. This a goog 1 for Salty types.

Probably about as far along as Pantheon.

(90s canned laughter)

Still hoping it finishes, Mark Jacobs is a bro and I agree with his tri-realm / realm war end game philosophy for a pvp game.

From my readings, one of their hold ups has been finding super senior level programmers but they do have more than enough money (allegedly) to offer them now.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
Really think they would have done better off if they'd just copy-pasted SI era DAOC and added some of the quality of life improvements the genre has developed over the last 15 years. They had that shit nailed back in the day, why try to reinvent the wheel with things like skill systems? Game could have been released by now.

• 1Like

Reht

Molten Core Raider
From my readings, one of their hold ups has been finding super senior level programmers but they do have more than enough money (allegedly) to offer them now.
Part of the problem has also been attracting that talent to Fairfax Virginia (according to them), but they are in the process of opening a satellite office in Seattle where they will have like 4 new hires working.

Really think they would have done better off if they'd just copy-pasted SI era DAOC and added some of the quality of life improvements the genre has developed over the last 15 years. They had that shit nailed back in the day, why try to reinvent the wheel with things like skill systems? Game could have been released by now.
Would have loved this myself. Hopefully they will make a PvE game to follow up CU, if it's successful. I have made a couple of comments about it and MJ hasn't said no...but more like something we can consider once CU has launched.

• 1Solidarity

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Part of the problem has also been attracting that talent to Fairfax Virginia (according to them), but they are in the process of opening a satellite office in Seattle where they will have like 4 new hires working.

Would have loved this myself. Hopefully they will make a PvE game to follow up CU, if it's successful. I have made a couple of comments about it and MJ hasn't said no...but more like something we can consider once CU has launched.
What Fairfax and Fairfax County are one of the nicer places in the fucking country...

Reht

Molten Core Raider
What Fairfax and Fairfax County are one of the nicer places in the fucking country...
Don't disagree, just saying what they have been saying their experience has been with trying to get senior level programmers to move there.

Elminage

N00b
Don't disagree, just saying what they have been saying their experience has been with trying to get senior level programmers to move there.

sounds like a great excuse. "no one wants to come here... game is delayed and we need more money!"

where was mythic located? eq was developed in san diego right?