can you tell the difference between 30 fps and 60 fps?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
11/11 on whatever dusty fingerprint smeared piece of shit this HP work monitor is while tabbing quickly over in between waiting on this goddamn software to catch up.

I believe I'm well trained because Doom was capped 35 fps and software Quake1 ran like dogshit and then GLQuake Voodoo was HOLY SHIT and I've never been able/willing to go back.
See this mothafucka knows what I'm talking about.

None of this new-fangled dark souls shit. Back in the day when you got your first video card it was some real mothafuckin shit. I had friends over and we all took turns and shit. I had an eye-gasm. Literally eye-cum came out of my eye.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
The quantum leap when 3D acceleration came about and we started pegging the refresh rate of our monitors and resolutions quadrupled was goddamn amazing. These shitheads designing for 30 fps so they can make nice screenshots can eat a dick.

If you have 3D animated anything in your game, fps fucking matters. Look at the difference between quake 1 (animations synched at 15 fps, no interpolation) to quake2 (animations interpolate to your framerate) to Rage (animations keyed to 60fps)

There's another test for you - look at a game with 30 fps animations that are essentially scaled up to 60 fps, vs what they did with Rage.