Captain America: Civil War (2016)

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Id love to see Ragnorok too, but it doesn't make sense in the scope of the film. Thor isn't the public figure in the MCU that he is in the comics. He's also not dead in the MCU. not yet at least. Tony has no reason to make Thorbot NOR has he been demonstrated to even have the technical know how to make an android that is human looking enough to fool anyone.

That whole scene in the comics was awesome, but there's no reason why it would make any sense to show up in the movie

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Goliathdeath.PNG

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
Yeah, I don't think they are going with that version with Thor being a... robot? was it?

j00t

Yeah, basically Thor and asgard disappeared during the Ragnorok arc but no one on earth really knew anything other than Thor was gone. Tony was concerned about how it would look for public relations if one the heaviest hitters in the marvel universe just disappeared, so he cloned him and added some Stark tech so that he looked the part. And of course because in civil war, Stark is a villain, he had to go overboard and make Thorbot psychotic. The real weight of the scene was when Thor came back and found out about it. Whether or not you think ironman should be able to withstand a bolt of lightning aside, it was a cool scene and really effected their relationship as teammates and friends for a while

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Was there another story with Thor-bot? Dark Reign or Dark Avengers? Only story I know if from the MPQ mobile game where Norman Osborn steals Thor's blood to create him. Not sure if that's a comic story or made up for the game.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
According to Wiki there's a few arcs for him. In the end he's a decent fellow who is worthy of Mjolnir(from another Earth). Also bald.

latest

Caliane

Id love to see Ragnorok too, but it doesn't make sense in the scope of the film. Thor isn't the public figure in the MCU that he is in the comics. He's also not dead in the MCU. not yet at least. Tony has no reason to make Thorbot NOR has he been demonstrated to even have the technical know how to make an android that is human looking enough to fool anyone.

That whole scene in the comics was awesome, but there's no reason why it would make any sense to show up in the movie
Since doombots. machine man, life model decoys, etc are a thing. I think, Tony being able to make a lifelike robot isn't really in question. don't remember if this was before or after extremis/ultron/nanotech atm. Robots not looking human is a design choice. Jocasta/ultron very clearly, intentional.

Which just makes The Vision's more ironic if you consider them not making an effort to look human, while trying to blend in with humans, must be intentional.

Column_sl

shitlord
What pisses me off is they never really said what the character Paton Oswalt was, they just eluded he was a life model decoy.

j00t

Since doombots. machine man, life model decoys, etc are a thing. I think, Tony being able to make a lifelike robot isn't really in question. don't remember if this was before or after extremis/ultron/nanotech atm. Robots not looking human is a design choice. Jocasta/ultron very clearly, intentional.

Which just makes The Vision's more ironic if you consider them not making an effort to look human, while trying to blend in with humans, must be intentional.
Sorry, was referring to MCU tony not being able to make a robot look lifelike. Comic tony could do that in his sleep

Cybsled

Paton's character was basically a LMD troll for the audience. You know it has to be that, but they will never admit it ;p

Caliane

Sorry, was referring to MCU tony not being able to make a robot look lifelike. Comic tony could do that in his sleep
oh. yeah, in that case. yeah. But again, MCU Vision seems like magic. I wouldn't put it past him to be able to.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i feel like i have to watch Winter Soldier every time its on cable. when Zola was explaining HYDRA to Cap, they showed several dead people, one of which was Howard Stark. do we know who killed him if anyone? it wasnt Bucky, was it?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
It isn't confirmed, but as I speculated before, that being the case and Tony finding out seems like a real good reason for him to be so intent on catching Bucky that he'd go against Cap to get him. Otherwise I can't see Tony caring that much about some random assassin.