Captain America: Civil War (2016)

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm kind of surprised Black Panther is on Iron Man's side, as in the comics, this is what happened when Iron Man tried to get Black Panther on his side.
Oooooooh. Rewatching the trailer, that's T'challa lying on the ground when that building gets blown up 41-42 seconds into the trailer. I'm guessing that's a summit of all the world's leaders meeting to discuss/ratify the Superhero Registration Act, and that's why Black Panther is on the pro-registration side. I'd guess that Ross frames Bucky for blowing up the building, as opposed to my earlier theory about Iron Man finding out Bucky killed his parents?
^^

*edit*

Although Fadaar brings up a good point in IRC. How the fuck does Cap's shield bounce? Wouldn't it just hit something and immediately fall to the ground instead of bouncing away?

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Wasn't made in Wakanda, so perhaps that's just a helpful imperfection. Or it's really adamantium/vibranium alloy or something.

Expecting the airport fight to end the 2nd act, with recovery and focus on taking down Ross / Zemo / Crossbones / etc. for the remainder.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
You are kidding, right?

rrr_img_128247.jpg
I've made it no secret now or int he past I've been mainly a DC guy my whole life.

If you're gonna be a dick about it then feel free to not respond.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
I've made it no secret now or int he past I've been mainly a DC guy my whole life.

If you're gonna be a dick about it then feel free to not respond.
I thought you were trolling with that. The defining moment of Civil War was Spider Man revealing his true identity. The other heroes knew how important his privacy was to him, and that moved the story along greatly. It also messed up things for Peter Parker and his friends and family, and ended with a deal with devil. This is one of the most notorious comic book storylines ever. We all hated it.

I don't believe I read too many Spider Man comics after this happened.

rrr_img_128250.jpg

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
I figured his costume would be more on par with the one Toby was sporting when he fought Macho Man. Alpha 1.0. Looks like its closest to the Ultimate & older comics in general with the tiny spider.

Also, loads of awesome new bits in that trailer omg.
What's interesting is that there was a mechanical sound effect when the eyes on his costume focused (That distinctly sounds like an Iron Man sound effect.) One of the way Tony befriended Spider Man (And manipulated him) in the comics was by letting him use Stark Tech for his own modifications. I'm wondering if the suit we're seeing has some stark tech in it already, and that's how he's gotten involved with the Avengers in the films (IE Tony is mentoring him and letting him mess around in his engineering lab making gadgets for himself.)

^^

*edit*

Although Fadaar brings up a good point in IRC. How the fuck does Cap's shield bounce? Wouldn't it just hit something and immediately fall to the ground instead of bouncing away?
Because the whole material doesn't make sense. For it to work the way it does, it essentially prevents acceleration (Even if they call it 'vibration') or at least prevents the transfer of force needed to cause acceleration. Which means anything made of it would not be movable; Caps shield would be an anchor and Panther's suit would be a tomb, they couldn't move it anymore than bullets could (Technically breaking the laws of physical in such a way would produce tons more odd effects, too). It just comic magic that it works for the hero's benefit only.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well yes I understand that vibranium is basically just magic, I wasn't actually trying to nitpick the physics of it.

It's a shame that more time hasn't passed since Iron Man 3, otherwise his buddy from Kentucky or wherever it was could be Spiderman.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Well yes I understand that vibranium is basically just magic, I wasn't actually trying to nitpick the physics of it.

It's a shame that more time hasn't passed since Iron Man 3, otherwise his buddy from Kentucky or wherever it was could be Spiderman.
I know, the bouncing shield is just a particularly glaring form of magic you were pointing out heh. But it's funny to think of the effects all the same. Technically even if Panther could get into his suit, he wouldn't be able to move. I'm not versed well enough in physics to know what would happen with the crazy gravity interaction, but it seems the materials are affected by gravity, but not by kinetic transfers--so technically they shouldn't even be able to be worn at all (Since you can't pick them up).

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm not versed well enough in physics to know what would happen
That's obvious if you think you can explain comic book powers with physics. It's not going to happen. When I was in college, my roommate was in Honors Physics, and ended up getting his PhD from MIT. He'd read my comics and foam at the mouth. It was hilarious.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Which is retarded. Like a teenager is going to be able to keep up with a group of guys who have been fighting gods for the past 6-7 years.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Which is retarded. Like a teenager is going to be able to keep up with a group of guys who have been fighting gods for the past 6-7 years.
He's pretty hard to lay on hands on. And you know they are going to make him very powerful, given that he's Marvel's most popular character (or he used to be).