Captain America: Civil War (2016)

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
That's obvious if you think you can explain comic book powers with physics. It's not going to happen. When I was in college, my roommate was in Honors Physics, and ended up getting his PhD from MIT. He'd read my comics and foam at the mouth. It was hilarious.
I don't think that, that is why I said its magic. I mean retarded comic book physics is why you believe Batman wouldn't disintegrated by Superman farting, right? It essentially comes down to 'what the writer thinks would be cool'. And as long as the stories are entertaining and the characters are rich, it really doesn't matter, all the technical stuff is just board argument fodder.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
I don't think that, that is why I said its magic. I mean retarded comic book physics is why you believe Batman wouldn't disintegrated by Superman farting, right? It essentially comes down to 'what the writer thinks would be cool'. And as long as the stories are entertaining and the characters are rich, it really doesn't matter, all the technical stuff is just board argument fodder.
No matter what, it always boils down to Batman vs Superman with you nerds.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I wanna know who fired the blast that took Rhodey down. I don't think it was Bucky despite the trailer kinda being cut to look like it was.

Caliane

Spiderman is stronger then pretty much all of them, except Thor.
hes faster then all of them. And a precog.

Sounds like they are going with still a kid here, so inexperience.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Yeah I was gonna say As a non comic book reader my thought is Spidey is very strong, with really only hulk and thor being stronger, so as a dumb kid he will even out. And I bet he comes out not as a major weapon but showing potential. I can also see him not being into fighting or hurting people yet, looking to just try to play crowd control to stop the fighting,

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
Yeah. Spiderman's lift limit is somewhere around 20 tons. He's right around the same level as Luke cage maybe just a bit under.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Spider Man has the proportional strength of a spider, so like 12x times a human. Cap is supposed to be the peak of human perfection so Spidey is much stronger. Vision is really strong as well but i'm not 100% sure on him.

Spiderman is the most compassionate of all the superheroes though so I doubt he ever uses his full strength on a punch.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
^^

*edit*

Although Fadaar brings up a good point in IRC. How the fuck does Cap's shield bounce? Wouldn't it just hit something and immediately fall to the ground instead of bouncing away?
The way i've had it explain in various books is that it nullifies vibrations but also pushes the vibrations back into the target it hit. Like deflecting a bullet or knocking thors hammer back. It also bounces because if he throws it then it pushes off what ever it hits and never loses momentum.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Spiderman is stronger then pretty much all of them, except Thor.
hes faster then all of them. And a precog.

Sounds like they are going with still a kid here, so inexperience.
A correct answer would be that Spider Man is more powerful than the average hero in this movie. He's not going to beat the ones that are semi-invulnerable like Iron Man, War Machine or Vision, but they aren't going to be able to touch him either. Spider Man's forte is to hit and not be hit. He's got to hit fast, and get out of there. The longer the fight goes, the more it favors him.

For anyone that says Spider Man is a slouch in the power department, they just haven't read the comics. Which is why he beat Firelord, a herald of Galactus.

rrr_img_128269.jpg

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah I was gonna say As a non comic book reader my thought is Spidey is very strong, with really only hulk and thor being stronger, so as a dumb kid he will even out.
No. Is he very strong? Yes. Only the Hulk and Thor are stronger? No way. Spiderman can lift 20 tons, maybe. Thor can move the entire planet. There's a lot of guys in between. Vision, War Machine and Iron Man are all much higher (listed in order of strength).

If anyone's interested (Strength Scale - Marvel Database - Wikia).

Rais

Trakanon Raider
Fire Lord was a giant fucking annoying pussy. He is one of the cosmic powered people who I never saw win any fight, and was always useless.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Kinda fucked up that Stark is bringing in 12 year old boys to fight his battles for him. Comics Civil War Peter Parker is married and a grown man, this squeaky voiced prepubescent doesn't belong in a war zone.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Kinda fucked up that Stark is bringing in 12 year old boys to fight his battles for him. Comics Civil War Peter Parker is married and a grown man, this squeaky voiced prepubescent doesn't belong in a war zone.
Iron Man is Civil War's bad guy.

Acting like a fascist and running around dictating to those with superpowers: CHECK
Hunting down superheroes who won't reveal their alter ego's like they are supervillains: CHECK
Imprisoning said heroes in the negative zone: CHECK
Making all superhumans controlled by government agencies (even for the evil Black Op stuff that isn't legal): CHECK
Cloning your friend and making him a killing machine against other heroes: CHECK

Blackyce

Silver Knight of the Realm
I'm just hoping that like in the comics, Spidey is originally with Iron Man then switches teams to Cap after he finds out the shit Tony Stark is pulling.

As far as the power scale goes, he's faster than anyone on that field, physically stronger than anyone on that field with possibly the exception of Vision (don't know how actually powerful his android body is) and has probably the most powerful super power of them all in his Spider-Sense.

Spidey's spider-sense has been really fudged in the movies so far but combine that with his speed and reflexes and he is virtually unhittable.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
It always bothered me that Iron Man was for the government control while Captain America was against it. It really seems like the roles should be reversed.