Captain America: Civil War (2016)

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Might be some super minor spoilers but the review made my dick crisp.

Captain America: Civil War Review | Movie - Empire
Yeah, looks like they are going with a more subtle story than the obtuse comics. Both sides have good points and both sides have doubts about their position, and are being driven by multiple forces that challenge their friendship. Age of Ultron and Winter Soldier both playing into the doubts and guilt challenging the beliefs of each side, which is great--I figured Tony's mistake in Age of Ultron was play heavily into Civil War, will probably make that film look better through the continuity.

One other review said what I was hoping for, that Captain America and Iron Man have swapped places from Age of Ultron, with Iron Man as by the book/open/transparent regardless of context or need, and Cap as being selfish with his actions but only because he's sticking to ideals of doing the right thing (And both characters are 'right'). Challenging each character like that by flipping the script while keeping the core of the character the same (IE not making them just act differently, but changing the context so their normal actions have opposing effects) is excellent writing. If only DC could figure this out; this is how you keep Captain America, super golden age good guy, relevant in a modern sense, you could easily do the same with Superman. Their vulnerabilities aren't bullets or kyrptonite, it is their moral compass against the reality and ambiguous nature of 'good' in the the world.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, looks like they are going with a more subtle story than the obtuse comics. Both sides have good points and both sides have doubts about their position, and are being driven by multiple forces that challenge their friendship. Age of Ultron and Winter Soldier both playing into the doubts and guilt challenging the beliefs of each side, which is great--I figured Tony's mistake in Age of Ultron was play heavily into Civil War, will probably make that film look better through the continuity.

One other review said what I was hoping for, that Captain America and Iron Man have swapped places from Age of Ultron, with Iron Man as by the book/open/transparent regardless of context or need, and Cap as being selfish with his actions but only because he's sticking to ideals of doing the right thing (And both characters are 'right'). Challenging each character like that by flipping the script while keeping the core of the character the same (IE not making them just act differently, but changing the context so their normal actions have opposing effects) is excellent writing. If only DC could figure this out; this is how you keep Captain America, super golden age good guy, relevant in a modern sense, you could easily do the same with Superman. Their vulnerabilities aren't bullets or kyrptonite, it is their moral compass against the reality and ambiguous nature of 'good' in the the world.
What this guy said, but with more f words.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think some of it was the insane hype. Avengers 1 still had a healthy dose of skepticism because nothing like it had been done and worked. Then it came out and worked great. So avengers 2 comes out and everyone is expecting the same kind of results. It was a very enjoyable film. Had the same kind of problems as the first one, but it's clearly a middle film. Avengers resolved there issue they were facing. Age of uktron didn't really. It caused more problems, so as a viewer we are unsettled and left feeling unresolved.
So what would be "top tier" in your opinion?

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Spoiler ed my comment in case someone doesn't want to watch the clip.
What is she saying there? 'You could at least recognize me' ?
It's most likely a reference to the fact that Bucky used to be the Winter Soldier, an assassin who was used by the Russians during and after the Cold War, and Natasha "Black Widow" Romanov used to also be a russian assassin employed by the KGB. They must have encountered one another before, but Bucky had his memory wiped after every mission, as was explained in Captain America 2 : The Winter Soldier.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
In Winter Soldier she explains how he has tried killing her and she shows the bullet wounds from Bucky

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
Damn that was awesome. I keep thinking I could not possible be more excited for this movie, till I watch another clip and spooge all over the place.

Caliane

Spoiler ed my comment in case someone doesn't want to watch the clip.
What is she saying there? 'You could at least recognize me' ?
something like that. I think others are wrong. I think its likely Bucky have pstd fugue moments. attacking people, and not remembering where he is type stuff. would help explain why they want to lock him down. why he would try to shoot tony so readily, etc.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I haven't watched any of the clips since the trailer that they did a parody of using Adel's song in the background. That was the 1st or 2nd. But I still read the thread because it's opinions and not fact. The extra clips don't help, but people haven't been spelling out exactly what happens in them. That said, I'm glad some of you decided to spoiler just in case it was "important info".

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Yeah, looks like they are going with a more subtle story than the obtuse comics.
That's what the Russo brothers do. For any who haven't seen it I highly recommend watching Winter Soldier with the director's commentary. You'll come away knowing that these movies (Civil War and the later Infinity War) are in incredibly capable hands.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
That's what the Russo brothers do. For any who haven't seen it I highly recommend watching Winter Soldier with the director's commentary. You'll come away knowing that these movies (Civil War and the later Infinity War) are in incredibly capable hands.
Wish there was a good digital movie service that had the commentary track(s). When Amazon adds it they just replay the movie after it ends w/ it enabled ..... lol.