Captain America: Civil War (2016)

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Lol "thinks for thanking of me," didn't catch that the first time. Rudd really is great in that scene, pulls off the nervous awkwardness perfectly.

Movie looks/sounds like it's going to be 11/10 for me, and has no small chance of ending my life due to heart failure or some other such thing.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
spoiler for those dodging any reviews like the plague
Kinda sorta really disappointed to hear Zemo falling short. It's hard not to believe them either, how one-shot villians have been in MCU. I can't say I expected much, but I still want a Hans Landa esque of a character, even with minor screen time. I enjoy Bruhl, and he has gone on to say that most of it is to set up future films. /shrugs

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Outside of Loki, all of Marvel's villians have come up pretty short.

Homsar

Only thing with Yellow Jacket is they didnt do the best job explaining to the audiences why the suit/particle was driving him crazy/evil

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
You're right, they didn't explain it. I don't really know anything about the Yellow Jacket character from the comics, but my impression was that he was a half rate scientist that was used to getting his way all the time. Pym didn't like him after he pulled some shit, so cut him off. This just furthered his natural "crazy" attitude, and then build a constantly failing suit that finally worked but he was still a crazy man in a battle suit.

That's just my impression, at least.

Homsar

Its been a while since I watched Ant Man but I thought Pym breifly mentions in the film how the tech scrambles your brain and thats why YJ was crazy which is much more interesting then him just being a typical evil scientist. The new suit that Rudd wears has something that protects his brain from being scrambled

Devlin

Golden Squire
I only just heard who the villain is for this movie and can barely contain my nerd boner at the thought of a Thunderbolts movie.

Infact Thunderbolts would be preferable to Inhumans.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Though the key was the ant suit helmet. Cross' suit didn't have the same safe guards built in so he went nuts.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I thought he was just a sniveling dick that didn't like the fact that Pym wouldn't confide in him. Remember, Pym started to be affected by the particle only after years of wearing the suit. Cross couldn't have actually been shrinking for more than a day or two given the timeline shown in the movie, and he was clearly a butthurt little bitch long before that. It has nothing to do with the particle, and everything to do with jealousy and hurt feelings.

Homsar

I thought he was just a sniveling dick that didn't like the fact that Pym wouldn't confide in him. Remember, Pym started to be affected by the particle only after years of wearing the suit. Cross couldn't have actually been shrinking for more than a day or two given the timeline shown in the movie, and he was clearly a butthurt little bitch long before that. It has nothing to do with the particle, and everything to do with jealousy and hurt feelings.
That was my point, Cross was a good villain as yellow jacket but they didnt flesh out all the details, they could have spent a little time explaining how being around the particle was driving him crazy and you would then have some sympathy for the character. He was definitely a better villain than most so far

Caliane

Rumor is that Pym will go big in this new film. I.E. Giant Man
how can he not?

Collider review didn't mention it though. spoiler free... but, I have a hard time imagining them not even teasing it, with veiled hints.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
So I haven't ever read any Ant-Man in the comics. If he retains his mass/power/whatever (it's somewhat explained in the movie) when he's shrunken down, what the hell is the point of growing larger? He'd be a paper mache Macy's float balloon, no?

Because comic reasons?

j00t

Problem with cross, is that he was clearly homicidal BEFORE he is even shown to have a working yellow jacket suit. On to our that, his arc was carbon copied from Obadiah stane. I mean, he wasn't a BAD villian... He was just a vehicle for Antman to be a hero against.

j00t

So I haven't ever read any Ant-Man in the comics. If he retains his mass/power/whatever (it's somewhat explained in the movie) when he's shrunken down, what the hell is the point of growing larger? He'd be a paper mache Macy's float balloon, no?

Because comic reasons?
Because big characters have super strength. And small characters also have super strength

Xevy

Log Wizard
Problem with cross, is that he was clearly homicidal BEFORE he is even shown to have a working yellow jacket suit. On to our that, his arc was carbon copied from Obadiah stane. I mean, he wasn't a BAD villian... He was just a vehicle for Antman to be a hero against.
Pretty sure they said he was basically Pym's assistant and he was exposed to the particles even before the suit just doing the research and then again when he decided to continue Pyms research alone.

j00t

That's flimsy. If I'm an assistant to some guy working on experimental particles and he insists on wearing a giant helmet but won't tell me why? Yeah, I'm not helping him anymore. And then I'm not doing ANYTHING on my own until I know what the helmet's for.

Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed Ant-man, but there's too many plot holes covered up by stray lines of dialogue