Captain America: Civil War (2016)

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Loved it. Still a notch below Spiderman 2 IMO. I did like it better than Winter Soldier.

Column_sl

shitlord
Spider-man 2? LOL

Edit*

O I'm sorry you are talking about the original trilogy, not the reboot lmao.

I did chuckle tho thinking you were talking about that last Spider-man movie. I was like, man there is someone that loved that film.

Fadaar

That guy
Funny thing is for me in terms of rewatchability (is that even a word?) the order is Ant-Man, GOTG, Avengers 1. However, I'd say Winter Soldier and GOTG are probably the two best movies in general, and I might add Civil War to that list once it comes out on DVD and I get a few more views in. With every movie I look forward to the next more and more, most especially future character interactions. I don't think I can survive Paul Rudd and Chris Pratt on screen together. Super pumped for Black Panther movie now.

Column_sl

shitlord
I'm going to make a prediction and say we will see
Captain America make a cameo in Spider-man ,and Winter Soldier will be released for the Black Panther film.

The Panther film happens in 2018 right before Infinity war so it might be another larger cast movie like Civil War since we know the Thor movie will center around Hulk and Thor.

Fadaar

That guy
I'm sort of assuming the same. Spoiler in case people who haven't seen it are retarded and still reading this thread:

Wonder if Bucky will be a main plot point for Black Panther? Still plenty of people out there that want his ass dead, and finding out he's being harbored in Wakanda might set off a giant shitstorm.

They've already confirmed Stark will be in Spider-Man, so not sure if they'll try and squeeze Cap in too. Having a truly standalone movie (discounting Stark) would be a plus in my mind, however seeing how it'll be set in New York (probably a safe assumption) Cap coming to visit would make sense too.

Column_sl

shitlord
The only reason I think Cap will show up in Spider-man was Evans made that statement that if it would be cool if he trained Parker in combat. Then you have Stark feeding his scientist side, and Cap training him secretly to be a super hero. It's something they do in Marvel comics with young heroes, and it is a good idea. You can see the seeds of this in the Airport battle where Cap is sparring with him.

Neph_sl

shitlord
Just got back and loved it. But a few questions:

1. What was the second post-credits scene? Wife doesn't like to stick around for both.

2. Why did Black Panther's ring react to Winter Soldier's arm? Made it seem like it was vibranium, but then Stark blasts his arm off at the end.

Column_sl

shitlord
1. What was the second post-credits scene? Wife doesn't like to stick around for both.

What happens: Peter Parker (Tom Holland) is sporting a bruise and talking to Aunt May (Marisa Tomei) about how he got it. He's hedging a bit, saying it happened at school during a fight that involved a boy named Steve, who's from Brooklyn. Of course, we know that Brooklyn Steve is actually Captain America. The scene ends with Aunt May leaving the room, and we see that Peter is wearing a laser-emitting device on his wrist. A gift probably from Tony Stark, it projects the Spider-Man logo and features all kinds of icons and buttons.

2. Why did Black Panther's ring react to Winter Soldier's arm? Made it seem like it was vibranium, but then Stark blasts his arm off at the end.

No one knows what WS's arm is made of ,but we can guess by the info we have gotten that it uses a Hydra version of the formula Stark used to make Caps shield, and it is not as strong.

I linked an article a couple of posts back that explains it more.

Neph_sl

shitlord

No one knows what WS's arm is made of ,but we can guess by the info we have gotten that it uses a Hydra version of the formula Stark used to make Caps shield, and it is not as strong.

I linked an article a couple of posts back that explains it more.
So it being a weaker vibranium alloy I guess makes sense on how it gets blown away. What about Black Panther's ring made it react with the arm though? No issues between his claws and Cap's shield

Column_sl

shitlord
So it being a weaker vibranium alloy I guess makes sense on how it gets blown away. What about Black Panther's ring made it react with the arm though? No issues between his claws and Cap's shield
No Idea, that may be a plot hole. In the comics he just reacts to anything with Vibranium in the formula. Maybe in the Panther film they will fill in some of those gaps.

Another Plot hole is obviously Spider-Man's spider sense not warning him about Falcon's bird carrying him off.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
No Idea, that may be a plot hole. In the comics he just reacts to anything with Vibranium in the formula. Maybe in the Panther film they will fill in some of those gaps.

Another Plot hole is obviously Spider-Man's spider sense not warning him about Falcon's bird carrying him off.
Yeah there are actually at least 2 or 3 instances during the airport fight where Spidey gets nailed by something that really should have been sensed. I just chalked it up to his youth and inexperience (both in general, and with his new powers).

Xevy

Log Wizard
Yeah there are actually at least 2 or 3 instances during the airport fight where Spidey gets nailed by something that really should have been sensed. I just chalked it up to his youth and inexperience (both in general, and with his new powers).
Remember Stark talking to Spidey and Spidey says there's all these senses and he has trouble controlling them? I think that was it. He hasn't mastered it. Kind of like Daredevils hearing. He didn't focus in on it because he was so excited by all the shit going down.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Falcons drone didnt hit spiderman, spiderman shot a web and it hit the drone and dragged him. Maybe Im wrong, there was a lot going on in that fight

Column_sl

shitlord
Falcons drone didnt hit spiderman, spiderman shot a web and it hit the drone and dragged him
It was purposely pointed right in front him from Spider-Man's blindside to shield them. It wasn't just circling in the air above him, and by coincidence Spidey hit it with a web....

His Spidey sense should have gone off, but we will just say it doesn't work like the comics, and Parker needs time to adjust to it.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
I'm going to make a prediction and say we will see
Captain America make a cameo in Spider-man ,and Winter Soldier will be released for the Black Panther film.

The Panther film happens in 2018 right before Infinity war so it might be another larger cast movie like Civil War since we know the Thor movie will center around Hulk and Thor.
NM was literally your next post down LOL. Fuck. (Was talking about Evans statement.)

Neph_sl

shitlord
Do you guys remember that really old movie named Empire Strikes Back?
I'm still kinda amazed that they threw in a Star Wars reference. They legally can, of course, since Disney owns both Star Wars and Marvel. But I never expected it out of their big budget blockbuster.

Agents of Shield had Bobbi wearing a Star Wars shirt and Coulson sometimes makes SW jokes. I even remember a SW and Marvel plugs in Once Upon A Time (Disney mash up drama). But both are TV shows and are easier to make these casual references.

but Spidey citing ESB when tying up Giant Ant Man's legs was just too awesome.

Now that I think about it, it's usually the youngest character (or young at heart) making the reference. Which is a great way to go about doing it.

Cybsled

Ya that part was funny

Spiderman: Hey, do you guys remember that -really- old movie called The Empire Strikes back?
Warmachine: Where did you find this kid?

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
I'm still kinda amazed that they threw in a Star Wars reference. They legally can, of course, since Disney owns both Star Wars and Marvel. But I never expected it out of their big budget blockbuster.
The Russos are huge Star Wars fans in addition to being comic book geeks.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord

Agents of Shield had Bobbi wearing a Star Wars shirt and Coulson sometimes makes SW jokes. I even remember a SW and Marvel plugs in Once Upon A Time (Disney mash up drama). But both are TV shows and are easier to make these casual references.

but Spidey citing ESB when tying up Giant Ant Man's legs was just too awesome.

Now that I think about it, it's usually the youngest character (or young at heart) making the reference. Which is a great way to go about doing it.
I don't think them being able to legally reference Star Wars has anything to do with them owning the IP.