Captain America: Civil War (2016)

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I could barely make it through AoU and ive now watched this movie twice in theater and probably 3 times on cam for friends

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Fuuuck I saw this in an AMC Prime location and it's beautiful resolution. I got dizzy (2D) from that first fight scene. I guess it took awhile for my eyes and brain to adjust. But damn when they were in Wakanda I had to look away a few times in between fight sequences.
They did fight sequences in wakanda? I thought wakanda was only at the end in the first stinger.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
Finally got to see it, a little late but on the Spider-man "complaint" couple pages back.
I had a bit of an internal conflict about Spider-Man and his lack of Spidy-senses; watching him get smacked around. I was in too much of a excitement stage during the Queens introduction to really think upon it, but being my girlfriends second viewing she kinda shed some light on details that didn't exactly shine through immediately. The big flags were him saying he had his powers only 6 months, he was still in pajama-man mode, and his goggles. Tony laughed at the idea of him being able to see, but Parker goes on to explain about his senses are so amplified narrowing his vision actually helped him at the given moment. So maybe he isn't fully honed in to even use his spidey senses to that caliber yet? idk, it helped me sleep at night. I do really enjoy how they evolve spidermans suit through the gifting of Stark. Him being able to start off and learn from the blessing and encounter with others.

All in all, the fight with Falcon made me think of him fighting Vulture would be cool. Though I would love to see Beetle make an appearance, though that's a long shot. Kraven and Carnage are my only hopes, in terms of favorites.

Despite the Zemo complaints, I didn't mind him and he was rather successful in executing his plans. His motives were little weak, but understandable and showed off a decent sense of manipulation and methodical planning, him recruiting other prisoners to work for him doesn't seem to far fetched now that hes locked up.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Finally got to see it, a little late but on the Spider-man "complaint" couple pages back.
He uses his Spidey sense in the movie, it's just a quick bit though. It is during the airport sequence when he is fighting Falcon and Bucky. Bucky tosses something at Spidey from behind, Spidey senses it and redirects the attack back at him.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
He uses his Spidey sense in the movie, it's just a quick bit though. It is during the airport sequence when he is fighting Falcon and Bucky. Bucky tosses something at Spidey from behind, Spidey senses it and redirects the attack back at him.
Ohhh, that adds more emphasis on the joke when he throws it back. I figured that was mid fight banter, but it happened in a blinking moment that I guess I over looked it being spidey senses

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
After multiple viewings, the things I hated were really just me being nitpicky and looking for something to dislike. This movie is pretty near flawless. They were able to really balance out the characters, add new characters, manufacture some spectacular action scenes, and do it all within a tidy story. I think the Russos are definitely the best pick to direct the next Avengers movies. Especially with that 60+ roster of characters.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
it really is a whole new tier of story telling that you can get 15+ "main" characters on screen and have almost all of them have full and complete character arcs. interestingly, cap arguably had the least amount of an arc, almost as if his character was more of a set piece. don't take that as a negative criticism though, i wasn't disappointed at all. but i remember looking back at spiderman 3 and x-men 3 when it was clear there was just too many characters. there was less than half of the characters in those movies. i just think that is incredibly impressive that they pulled that off without a hitch

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
I was more nerd-offended by the fact that Sexy Witch dropped a bunch of cars on him and seemed to do some damage ("multiple contusions"). Pretty sure Thor and Hulk hit a lot harder than any of those cars did. Free-falling out of the sky with no power I can actually believe him getting hurt though. Even if the suit cushions you, it isn't going to protect you from your leg going up behind your head, etc.
It doesn't matter. Scarlet Witch could remove him from reality with no more effort than a wink.

rrr_img_133720.jpg

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Ok so for some reason I read this thread (and spoilers) with all the nitpicks and alleged "plotholes" before seeing the film.

and now that i've saw the film twice, the second viewing really just filling in the gaps from the first viewing, I can confidently say you are all retarded.

Plot/story wise, movie was flawless. The weakest part was actually Cap, he was more of a set piece than anything, but from his perspective it makes sense, he basically just doubled down because he felt he was right rather than listening to reason.

yeah it took a second to get used to shakycam, so I guess you can nitpick that, but I loved the fight choreography, definitely tell that it was the john wick dudes there.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
and now that i've saw the film twice, the second viewing really just filling in the gaps from the first viewing, I can confidently say you are all retarded.
Well, now I know that every single criticism of the movie expressed in this thread is valid.

koljec_sl

shitlord
Plot/story wise, movie was flawless. ....
I'm glad you could enjoy it. I could not.

The exposition is boring and comes through way too much telling and not enough showing. The actions scenes, as in Winter Soldier, go on for way too long. The whole disagreement between Cap and Stark is contrived. If generations of bomber pilots can get over bombing bystanders to get a job done, certainly some godly powerful people can, too.

There are way too many scenes with bad composition. If you don't know what this means, imagine a comic book where cells have way too much empty space, or way too many lines, and you can't make out anything important.

The casting and character designs are horrible. I keep thinking Don Cheadle is Tim Meadows and Anthony Mackie is Will Smith. At a glance the only difference between Black Widow and Scarlet Witch is the amount of visible cleavage.

Basically, when Spider Man is not in the film, it sucks. Pretty sure the whole movie is a teaser for the upcoming Spider Man reboot.

First Cap movie is the best one, but Deadpool was a much better superhero action movie.

Zignor 3_sl

shitlord
I was considering countering most of your points, but once I arrived at your conclusion of Cap 1 being the best, yeah, peace out.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Yeah someone is neg farming...

Anyways haven't commented on this so far, but it's in the top 2 marvel films for me right next to avengers 1. It's as good as everyone says it is. They managed to have 12 heroes duking it out in the airport scene for 15 mins in one of the best action fight sequences in comic films so far. It didn't seem to suffer from the too many characters not enough time for them all that plagues the spiderman movies, probably because they took the time to developer most of the characters before this in multiple films. Obviously some minor things that bothered me, like Vision stating it's basically the avengers fault that shit is happen now, when in fact everything stems back to hydra that has been around longer than captain america and shield, without the avengers the world would have been a shitty place despite the casualties. Black panther was great, Spiderman was great despite his voice was a little off putting to me, probably because I got use to the older versions in the previous films, really wish Captain Marvel was in this too.

The Russo brothers did a great job and looking forward to their avengers.

Cad

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
I watched the 1080p telesync on my 70" at home, loved it! Thought cap beating iron man in any way was kinda silly, cap is very durable but he was punching iron man with his fists. Iron man has flown right through buildings and taken tank fire, cap is not strong enough to harm him. Cap should not have been able to parry Iron Man's punches in any way except with his shield.

Airport scene was cool, but it definitely seems like they level out power levels so they can have fight scenes, where with established power levels these fights would be horribly lop sided. Thats ok, it was still fun, but definitely kinda forced/artificial.

Agree with Lithose Cap is being hypocritical here since the Avengers have basically been the cause of all of the events they had to "defend". Thor being here was the cause of the events in Avengers 1, Tony was the cause in Avengers 2, and if Cap didn't irrationally protect Bucky the events of Civil War would have been about 5 minutes. The Avengers have pretty well directly caused world destruction, while also "defending" against said destruction.

Column_sl

shitlord
Thor being here was the cause of the events in Avengers 1,
Thor coming down to Earth has nothing to do with causing the Events of Avengers 1.... Loki comes down to our planet for Thanos because we had the Tesseract...

Technically it wasn't the Avengers that created Ultron. It was Stark, and Banner, and they hid it from the rest of the group knowing they would try to stop them.

Also Cap protecting Bucky didn't cause any world destruction

Hey let's also lock up the GOTG at the end of the movie because they potentially destroyed the universe.

spazfishlarge_by_carredondo-d801xr5.png

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Saw it the first time on a huge RDX screen, same one they did 70mm Roadshow for on Hateful Eight, 2d version. Second viewing I listened to Kevin talk about how great it was in 4dx. Ug what a fucking annoying,jarring pile of shit. takes you right out of enjoying the movie. negative 5 stars.

Cad

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
Thor coming down to Earth has nothing to do with causing the Events of Avengers 1.... Loki comes down to our planet for Thanos because we had the Tesseract...
And the tesseract got to earth because of Thor and Odin. It didn't miracle itself here and we didn't create it.

Technically it wasn't the Avengers that created Ultron. It was Stark, and Banner, and they hid it from the rest of the group knowing they would try to stop them.
No true avenger!

Also Cap protecting Bucky didn't cause any world destruction
Had Cap just helped capture Bucky the govt probably would have trusted him. When they see him defend one of his own against authority (authority which was well founded, Bucky was a murderer whether he was brainwashed or not) they don't trust him. I wouldn't either.

I dunno, whatever. Who cares, was still a great movie, really enjoyed it.