Captain America: Civil War (2016)

Zignor 3_sl

shitlord
Not to defend Column, but I don't think I'm capable of reading comics anymore. I've tried going back to some of my old favorites, and I just can't. I enjoy the movies, but my comic collection memories will fondly remain in the 80s/90s where they belong. That shit just doesn't hold up for me.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I'm w/ Column on re-reading Infinity Gauntlet, it's really hard, cuz if you break it down. Nothing happens, just a bunch of dumb heroes being round up by smarter ppl (strange/warlock) to throw them at a petulent child that has bully issues and is a try hard too much, impressing a girl.

Sure, when we were all 12, it was awesome, and now that, it might actually take movie form and NOT SUCK! is even more awesomer, but the source material is just ass.

Of course, this is snobby me, with a large library of far superier comics and 20 years after the fact. Then it was great, re-reading it now for nostalgia... not so much.

It's like replaying Final Fantasy and going, holy shit, random battle really is dog shit.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Infinity Gauntlet is mostly eye candy nostalgia, love it. Turn a hero into cubes, enslave all the entities, great stuff we'll never see on the screen (well maybe the cubes bit). CAN'T READ SECRET WARS THOUGH! OMG! ALL CAPS! ALL EXCLAMATIONS

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
See my above comments on 3 year olds.

That shit is poorly executed.

I'm afraid to re read Secret Wars 1 right now because it probly won't live up to how I remembered it.
Your opinion is bad and you should feel bad for having it. No need to be a cock sucker about it.
smile.png

And I'm not touching Secret Wars. That was actually before I started reading comics and yeah so much from that era is difficult to read because it's feels so dated.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
The only comic era I can't read is the one now. I can't even bring myself to read torrents of them for free, they are that bad.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Jon Schnepp sat down for some spoilered discussion with the writers and directors of CA:CW.

Devlin

Golden Squire
If you can actually go back right now and read through the first Infinty series, and tell me you still liked it. You have what most people have suspected on the board for the longest time, the brain of a 3 year old.

It's awful, it's almost unreadable.

Comic writing has come so far from that dreck.

Trust me I remember that series being hell of epic as a kid, but then I downloaded it last week, and was like wtf. It did not age well
I completely agree with that statement.

I grab some complete run occasionally and I now just give up on the old stuff, 80's and 90's are borderline most of the time.

It's the combination of awful dialog and terrible artwork compared to today.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Has anyone read X-Cutioner's Song lately? It was a 12 part crossover between X-Men, Uncanny X-Men, X-Force, X-Factor & finished off with a "What If...?" issue. Well, variant ending. I really liked that series, back in the day. I'm wondering if it holds up at all.

I remember back when Fatal Attraction was going on, and outside of an episode or two that were cool (like Magneto pulling Wolverine's Adamantium), it was REALLY convoluted and hard to follow. But then again, I was only 11-12 when it came out, so it might have been over my head back then. The way I remember that crossover was as if every issue was its own stand alone story. They didn't really link together at all. Except for sharing a hologram on the cover of each issue.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Rewatched the airport scene, man even with shitty quality it was great. The way they were able to balance and show everyone's powers was pretty awesome.

Still in awe at how great that boy played Spider-man, it was actually the first time for me it felt like a comic thought bubble was brought to the big screen.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Has anyone read X-Cutioner's Song lately? It was a 12 part crossover between X-Men, Uncanny X-Men, X-Force, X-Factor & finished off with a "What If...?" issue. Well, variant ending. I really liked that series, back in the day. I'm wondering if it holds up at all.

I remember back when Fatal Attraction was going on, and outside of an episode or two that were cool (like Magneto pulling Wolverine's Adamantium), it was REALLY convoluted and hard to follow. But then again, I was only 11-12 when it came out, so it might have been over my head back then. The way I remember that crossover was as if every issue was its own stand alone story. They didn't really link together at all. Except for sharing a hologram on the cover of each issue.
Yeah, glory days of the X-books, a number of solid teams and good titles.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
Rewatched the airport scene, man even with shitty quality it was great. The way they were able to balance and show everyone's powers was pretty awesome.

Still in awe at how great that boy played Spider-man, it was actually the first time for me it felt like a comic thought bubble was brought to the big screen.
There's a cam rip on various torrent sites that rivals even the best HD rips.

Anyway, am I the only one who thinks Tom Holland's depiction of Peter Parker is terrible? I didn't know he was English before watching this movie, but I thought to myself, "This guy sounds exactly like a 21-year-old English dude trying to sound like a 14-year-old American." Yep.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Anyway, am I the only one who thinks Tom Holland's depiction of Peter Parker is terrible? I didn't know he was English before watching this movie, but I thought to myself, "This guy sounds exactly like a 21-year-old English dude trying to sound like a 14-year-old American." Yep.
He's great, he looked weird and goofy. Like how RDJ is like the best Tony Stark we could have, this kid nailed Peter Parker.

Blackyce

Silver Knight of the Realm
New Peter Parker confirmed awesome.
If you're a fan of Ultimate Spider-Man maybe, if you're a fan of Earth-616 Spider-Man, nope he sucked majorly.

Just saw the movie this week. It's decent, bit to long though and as I stated above, NOT a fan of Spider-Boy. I give the movie a B.