Captain Marvel (2019)

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
Brie Larson will be on Good Morning America Tuesday so speculation is there will be some sort of trailer release then.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
So is she Carol Danvers or a Super Skrull who thinks shes Carol Danvers?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I love the use of Blockbuster to set the stage for the movie's period.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Juvarisx

Florida
It constantly amazes me how much all better all these movies look compared to Black Panther even with CGI and costumes / masks etc. I guess they knew they really didn't have to try for that one.

Man does Sam Jackson de-aging look good, they really came a long way with that tech since Civil War.

• 3Like

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Can I judge a movie based on the voiceover acting in the trailer?

It's pretty ... not good?

• 3Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I can only hope the amnesia angle is going to tie into Xmen... 10000x1 odds..

It would be nice if this was indeed all tied into some unknown universal reboot as part of Avengers 4 that lets the Xmen and Fantastic Four exist afterwards.

Caliane

I ain't happening... but fuck it, lets dream.

Who do we cast?

3f1672bf5e05d76ac0b1367613abd338.jpg

Rose Leslie - IMDb
First thought would be Rose Leslie for me. GoT/Honeymoon.

• 3Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 3 users

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
what will marvel officially own (again) ff or xmen or both?
Both. They're in the final approval stages now. Marvel/Disney will have all film rights except Spiderman/Spiderverse and the couple one off characters like Namor that I think are with Paramount.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I hope this is a prelude to Secret Invasion as a large phase-sized story rather than containing it to this movie.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Looks alright, but what the fuck is with the main actress? I've taken dumps with more charisma.

• 3Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Fedor Fedor where is the Spider-Man vs captain marvel ass comparison pic you posted a while back? I’m not sure which thread it was in and I’m scared to search your posting history to look for it.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I thought the trailer looked great but I agree that Brie Larson has something to prove. I'm not quite sure if she can carry this and even more important to me, stand with RDJ, Hemsworth, and Evans. She's their trump card in Avengers 4 so she needs to be pretty BA in terms of attitude and if she becomes completely overshadowed, I think we'll all walk away disappointed in why did we need her? They need to get her right if we are going rely on her to tilt the scales and they better get Adam Warlock right as well.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Looks alright, but what the fuck is with the main actress? I've taken dumps with more charisma.

She is potentially the most powerful super hero in the Marvel Universe and you think she should act like...??? A preview is not going to show the actual "Acting". Its meant to tease at the story. What I saw was a bit of "Yes I can beat you into atoms" combined with confusion. The confusion seems appropriate given that her human past appears to have been implanted and the Implant is breaking down. Now I am sure there will be some humor thrown in, as that is Marvel's way, but that will most likely come from Samuel Jackson as I am sure she will play the part of the straight man/woman. I will gladly watch this in a theater knowing damn well that this movie's main character is not going to have a charisma that one would associate with Pretty Woman or Pride and Prejudice. She is after all only Half Human.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
Trailer looks decent, but pretty bad at communicating what the hell is going on. Maybe a later trailer does it better. Marvel's usually done stellar in having trailers that get the basic idea and characters across to a general audience, whether it's the first GotG, Dr. Strange or whatever.

This, I can see leaving people confused.

One the other hand, it's maybe kinda brave. She straight-up punches the old lady, as shown in the gif above. It's clear what's happening to comic book nerds, but it seems risky without an exposition line about "shapeshifting aliens" in the trailer for the broader audience that wouldn't know anything about it.