Captain Marvel (2019)

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Which is exactly why we need this movie to be, in part at least, an origin story. I guess I have to clarify that I am referring to the easily confused average moviegoer who has no idea who she is. For myself, all I really need to know is how they've changed her powers from the comics, which they love to do. And I'd rather have a short origin story than boring exposition.
Her entire team has a sidearm and are carrying at least one big main weapon.

while she has two clenched fists.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
at least she looks like a real woman and not some feminazi sjw variant

could have been this
1332015475.jpg

or even worse
13911751._SX540_.png

And i'm pretty sure the reason why she doesn't have her sash, is cuz it would fall off her un butt

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Raes

Vyemm Raider
What in the fuck is that thing? Does it even have a gender?

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Brad2770

Hey guys, remember when Heath Ledger was cast as the Joker?! Omg, he is going to suck!

• 2EyeRoll
  • 1Salty
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 5 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Hey guys, remember when Heath Ledger was cast as the Joker?! Omg, he is going to suck!
Heath ledger and brie Larson are in two very different categories of acting talent

• 4Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Heath Ledger wouldn't have won any awards if he didn't over indulge in tic tacs, cuz it was still a "comic book movie"

But since he dead, sure why not give him an award that don't mean shit.

• 3Dislike
  • 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Heath Ledger wouldn't have won any awards if he didn't over indulge in tic tacs, cuz it was still a "comic book movie"

Posthumous nominations aren't uncommon, posthumous wins are. Only one person has ever won best actor posthumously, and Ledger is the only one to win best supporting actor.

And even though the Oscars are a pathetic shitshow of Hollywood politics, Ledger deserved the accolades. His performance was so amazing that it left people oblivious to how mediocre that movie was whenever he wasn't on the screen.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>

Ledger's death might have actually been a big part of how comic book movies have gained legitimacy now in the 2010s

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sterling

El Presidente
Posthumous nominations aren't uncommon, posthumous wins are. Only one person has ever won best actor posthumously, and Ledger is the only one to win best supporting actor.

And even though the Oscars are a pathetic shitshow of Hollywood politics, Ledger deserved the accolades. His performance was so amazing that it left people oblivious to how mediocre that movie was whenever he wasn't on the screen.
Yeah I got shit on for saying Dark Knight was a not a particularly good movie with a singularly excellent performance in it. Nolan is pretty overrated in general, but his movies are usually very visually appealing and somewhat entertaining so he gets a pass for some reason and Bay for example gets shit on.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user