Captain Marvel (2019)

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Thanos could just activate the space stone and teleport her into a sun, I'd be good with that
That would be a good Deep Blue Sea moment, but I'd prefer her to be tossed into a black hole myself.

Last edited:

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
This movie wasn't bad. Brie Larson was a poor choice though. Her character is extremely unlikable. Even when she is joking around she comes off as arrogant or insincere. Overall though the movie was fine. You won't be surprised by it. Your run of the mill super hero origin story.
The RLM video covered this video, but my impression is that she's just a giant cunt.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The RLM video covered this video, but my impression is that she's just a giant cunt.

when i posted that, i got told i was overacting and she was just being cute. RLM says she's being an intolerable bitch, -crickets-

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
She oozes bitchiness with every word. Some would say it's just the valley girl thing coming out, but I'd say it's just because she's a bitch.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
As much as you wanna hate on Brie. She does have an Oscar and Golden Globe awards. She is not considered a shitty actress in Hollywood.

Brie is no Emily Blunt. That's what can be annoying about this. I am by no means anti woman, i just think she was miscast and not a very good actress, particularly for this role. But any criticism at all of her performance in this film is immediately bucketed as white male privilege trying to stifle woman and an immediate target of Me Too.

Sorry ladies, but being an empowered woman doesn't make you immune to critical opinions or feedback. If being coddled and insisting on being celebrated even in the face of mediocrity is what is required to not be considered a misogynist, then your philosophy isn't empowering woman. You're crippling them.

• 3Like
  • 1Picard

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
That would be a good Deep Blue Sea moment, but I'd prefer her to be tossed into a black hole myself.

she looked so OP in the movie that i'm sure she could create her own jumpgate, it's the only way she'd find a new planet for the skrulls and to police the galaxy.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
she looked so OP in the movie that i'm sure she could create her own jumpgate, it's the only way she'd find a new planet for the skrulls and to police the galaxy.
thats likely, for her and the scrulls to escape the Snap, they would have to be in another galaxy which is how many thousands of light years away? but as soon as Fury activates his magic beeper, she gets the message x days later and is just back in the blink of an eye. that implies she has powers like nothing else in the universe and of course knows how to use them perfectly. Endgame is going to be "interesting".

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
They never said the snap only works in our galaxy. Closest galaxy (Andromeda) is 2.5 million light years away.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
thats likely, for her and the scrulls to escape the Snap, they would have to be in another galaxy which is how many thousands of light years away? but as soon as Fury activates his magic beeper, she gets the message x days later and is just back in the blink of an eye. that implies she has powers like nothing else in the universe and of course knows how to use them perfectly. Endgame is going to be "interesting".

Captain Mary Sue

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
when i posted that, i got told i was overacting and she was just being cute. RLM says she's being an intolerable bitch, -crickets-

Let's not re-write history when we can quote what was actually said, don't play the victim card bro. I never said the words "overreacting" nor "cute."
I am probably in the minority on this board but I think I have watched maybe a total of 3 RLM videos in their entirety, so the fact that they called her an intolerable bitch really would not hit my radar. Lastly, as you know I agree with you about voting with my wallet on this movie based on her comments about white men, but I have enough objectivity to not write off everything she says or does over said comments.

Not trying to get into a heated debate over this, I just don't like being misrepresented.

I just watched this expecting the worst based on the comments here. She didn't say or do anything inflammatory in that interview, she actually came off as relatively normal.

times have really changed if thats what is considered relatively normal. she had an attitude about every question.

Bro I think you are letting your opinion of her based off her other comments cloud your vision on this one. I think she was trying to be funny but she just wasn't hitting on all cylinders.

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Wait, what's this talk of escaping the snap via distance into another galaxy? I think the idea here was snapping out half of ALL EXISTENCE. Where/How did this line of thought come up?

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Sevens

Log Wizard
Being in another galaxy would not save them, the entire movie they said he was going to eliminate 1/2 the life in the UNIVERSE (that includes ALL galaxies)

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The infinity gems were created in the big bang, the snap would unquestionably affect the entire universe. It may be different in the MCU, but I'm pretty sure in the comics Knowhere is an interdimensional hub so it probably isn't even in the milky way itself, and neither is Asgard.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Let's not re-write history when we can quote what was actually said, don't play the victim card bro. I never said the words "overreacting" nor "cute."
I am probably in the minority on this board but I think I have watched maybe a total of 3 RLM videos in their entirety, so the fact that they called her an intolerable bitch really would not hit my radar. Lastly, as you know I agree with you about voting with my wallet on this movie based on her comments about white men, but I have enough objectivity to not write off everything she says or does over said comments.

Not trying to get into a heated debate over this, I just don't like being misrepresented.
i wasnt directly quoting you, but i was paraphrasing what i interpreted in that post. when somebody tells me my vision is clouded, that means they think i'm seeing something that isnt there=overreacting

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member

I mean she's basically as powerful as Stormbreaker Thor. He can Rainbrow Bridge anywhere and he was tearing apart Thanos' drop ships and shit. Also put an axe in Thanos. He just didn't "go for the head." Maybe Captain Marvel does go for the head? lol

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Being in another galaxy would not save them, the entire movie they said he was going to eliminate 1/2 the life in the UNIVERSE (that includes ALL galaxies)
thats what i remembered too, but i wasnt sure. ok so she escapes the Snap, but wherever she was, presumably half of everyone poofed out there too. i guess she was so far away, she had no idea why it was happening until she got the Brie signal from Fury.

• 1Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
Brie is no Emily Blunt. That's what can be annoying about this. I am by no means anti woman, i just think she was miscast and not a very good actress, particularly for this role. But any criticism at all of her performance in this film is immediately bucketed as white male privilege trying to stifle woman and an immediate target of Me Too.

Sorry ladies, but being an empowered woman doesn't make you immune to critical opinions or feedback. If being coddled and insisting on being celebrated even in the face of mediocrity is what is required to not be considered a misogynist, then your philosophy isn't empowering woman. You're crippling them.

You forgot to point out the rather naive and absurd notion he put forth that they only give awards to good actresses.

• 1Garbage

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
so the new nerd rumor is that Disney bought out a bunch of theaters to pad the number for captain marvel, or something. i must have seen a dozen "empty seats at Captain Marvel" videos on my youtube feed. i like a good conspiracy more than the next guy, but Disney isnt about to drop 50 million on its own movie just to fool people on opening weekend. one did make a good point though. Disney did stagger the worldwide release to 3 days instead of the usual 7-14 they do globally. that could mean its going to take a big drop on its second weekend.

• 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users