Captain Marvel (2019)

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Inspired by =! Belongs to. Did Fury ask her to be part of a team? Did he outline his plans to her?

No, he didn’t. She basically offered her help in emergencies only via the pager, but that isn’t the same as her being an Avenger.

Fury realized that people with her abilities would be good to have, so he thought up the Avenger initiative (inspired by his experiences with her).

All the Avengers were asked to join the team and what it was. She wasn’t.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Inspired by =! Belongs to. Did Fury ask her to be part of a team? Did he outline his plans to her?

No, he didn’t. She basically offered her help in emergencies only via the pager, but that isn’t the same as her being an Avenger.

Fury realized that people with her abilities would be good to have, so he thought up the Avenger initiative (inspired by his experiences with her).

All the Avengers were asked to join the team and what it was. She wasn’t.
i dont remember Spidey, Ant man, BW, Vision, Scarlet WItch or Strange being asked. they were just part of the team. CM is part of the Avengers. she is the first one. the beeper transfer should count.

• 4Picard
  • 1Barf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Spidey and Antman were basically hired temps. BW is SHIELD. Strange does his own thing, unless interests overlap. SW and Vision presumably were asked since they live at the Avenger HQ.

You’re right on Thor not being asked (he’s an alien with his own shit), but answer there is he was OG Avenger in comics lol

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I always thought they should have given BW a watered down Russian version of the super serum to at least put her as an enhanced, but her and Hawkeye are the token normie spies in the MCU these days. Limits exactly how far the B-team can go.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i dont remember Spidey, Ant man, BW, Vision, Scarlet WItch or Strange being asked. they were just part of the team. CM is part of the Avengers. she is the first one. the beeper transfer should count.
this is true,

Spidey was recently christened an avenger, he was NOT one in civil war

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I always thought they should have given BW a watered down Russian version of the super serum to at least put her as an enhanced, but her and Hawkeye are the token normie spies in the MCU these days. Limits exactly how far the B-team can go.
yes, Hawkeye was never asked. as well as that black bird guy.

only people who we ever saw asked was Cap, Banner, Stark and Wolverine?

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
This "who was the first Avenger" thing sounds a lot like people trying to figure out how Gendry ran from beyond the Wall all the way to Dragonstone, or why cops were watching the school where Velcoro's kid went.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Hawkeye inaugurated Scarlet Witch to the Avengers in Age of Ultron, "Hey, look at me. It's your fault, it's everyone's fault, who cares. Are you up for this? Are you? Look, I just need to know cause the city is flying. Ok, look, the city is flying, we're fighting an army of robots, and I have a bow and arrow. None of this makes sense. But I'm going back out there cause it's my job. Ok, and I can't do my job and babysit. Doesn't matter what you did, or what you were. If you go out there, you fight and you fight to kill. Stay in here, you're good. I'll send your brother to come find you. But if you step out that door, you are an Avenger. Alright, good chat."

Ironman was technically never accepted to the Avengers. It's Captain America, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch, Falcon and Hulk - Avengers are a SHIELD initiative, so all Avengers would be SHIELD, too. Thor is technically included and calls himself "the strongest Avenger". I'd include Vision by proxy. Spiderman was a temp Avenger hire by Ironman who I'm not sure has the approval to divy out Avenger assignments, even if most of the SHIELD tech is courtesy of Stark Industries.

Who isn't an Avenger? Doctor Strange (protector of the Sanctums/magical shit/alternate realms), Gaurdians (of the Galaxy, not Earth's Greatest Heroes), Antman/Wasp (lol house arrest), Captain Marvel (if she was an Avenger, where the fuck was she the last 20 movies?). And possibly Warmachine, as he is actually a representive the US gov/military. *Edit: Also Winter Solider (debatable, he was a Hydra agent and enemy of SHIELD) and Black Panther.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Hawkeye inaugurated Scarlet Witch to the Avengers in Age of Ultron, "Hey, look at me. It's your fault, it's everyone's fault, who cares. Are you up for this? Are you? Look, I just need to know cause the city is flying. Ok, look, the city is flying, we're fighting an army of robots, and I have a bow and arrow. None of this makes sense. But I'm going back out there cause it's my job. Ok, and I can't do my job and babysit. Doesn't matter what you did, or what you were. If you go out there, you fight and you fight to kill. Stay in here, you're good. I'll send your brother to come find you. But if you step out that door, you are an Avenger. Alright, good chat."

Ironman was technically never accepted to the Avengers. It's Captain America, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch, Falcon and Hulk - Avengers are a SHIELD initiative, so all Avengers would be SHIELD, too. Thor is technically included and calls himself "the strongest Avenger". I'd include Vision by proxy. Spiderman was a temp Avenger hire by Ironman who I'm not sure has the approval to divy out Avenger assignments, even if most of the SHIELD tech is courtesy of Stark Industries.

Who isn't an Avenger? Doctor Strange (protector of the Sanctums/magical shit/alternate realms), Gaurdians (of the Galaxy, not Earth's Greatest Heroes), Antman/Wasp (lol house arrest), Captain Marvel (if she was an Avenger, where the fuck was the the last 20 movies?). And possibly Warmachine, as he is actually a representive the US gov/military.
:p
apinfhswu__74288.1475863143.jpg

• 1Picard

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Saw it, was decent. Liked it more than Black Panther, easily lower-mid tier. Excited for IW part 2 next month.

• 2Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 2 users