Captain Marvel (2019)

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I'm confused as to what her ass has to do with the movie? I mean yeah it's flat...but why does it matter?

I'm not trying to troll here, I'm genuinely curious to the thought process here.
i'll just give the most political answer

it's cuz she's either a lying bitch or a lazy bitch, 9months of movie training putting on 15lbs of muscle deadlifting 215, and thats the ass you get?

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Captain America's first movie was called 'The first Avenger" but in the movie was he ever referred to as "Avenger"? was the name ever referenced? I always thought the title just referred to the fact that he was in fact born way back in the 1920 / 30s? So even if they did name the Avengers after her call sign she still wasnt the first Avenger. I could be wrong that was just my take on this

She's not an Avenger, yet. So Captain America is still "first" (not counting Thor, lol). The issue I see is that Fury uses Coulson's "death" to unite the heroes so they can "avenge" it. Hence the name. Having the name come from Carol's callsign just makes Coulson's "death" really fucking convenient.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Lol her callsign in the movie is avenger?

I just think its weird that matters this much to some of you, more so when you play right into what shes saying a lot of the time. It's a non factor for me when watching a movie. "Oh her ass sucks...$11 wasted." -shrug-
What would you think if a macully caulkin lookalike was casted as Thor? Thors power had nothing to do with his biceps.

• 1Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
If I'm gonna be shallow and misogynistic, she's attractive sometimes, but she's got that stuck up white girl look and is filling those shoes quite well with her toxic feminism. I dunno, there's just something punchable about her face. I'm really wondering if they did all this on purpose to make a character no one likes. What kind of movie was this one supposed to be? Like Ant Man was a comedy heist, Infinity War was an action drama...

final-70.jpg

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Lol her callsign in the movie is avenger?

What would you think if a macully caulkin lookalike was casted as Thor? Thors power had nothing to do with his biceps.
Oh, you mean like the metrosexual piece of shit they replaced the original Lobo with?

Lobo_C_kr.jpg

• 8WTF
  • 2Worf
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 12 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
She's not an Avenger, yet. So Captain America is still "first" (not counting Thor, lol). The issue I see is that Fury uses Coulson's "death" to unite the heroes so they can "avenge" it. Hence the name. Having the name come from Carol's callsign just makes Coulson's "death" really fucking convenient.
no, it's always been the avengers initiative since ironman

they just backsplain'd shit for no reason.

• 2Like

TrollfaceDeux

<Bronze Donator>
If I'm gonna be shallow and misogynistic, she's attractive sometimes, but she's got that stuck up white girl look and is filling those shoes quite well with her toxic feminism. I dunno, there's just something punchable about her face. I'm really wondering if they did all this on purpose to make a character no one likes. Why kind of movie was this one supposed to be? Like Ant Man was a comedy heist, Infinity War was an action drama...

View attachment 199077

I am growing to like her snob sexist shit. I want to bone this woman.

• 1Solidarity

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Holy shit what did they do to the main man? Oh and goddamn now that I am looking Jason Mamoa could of made an excellent fucking Lobo. Of course DC is too fucking stupid to hop on a money printing machine Hard R badass movie.

Jason-Momoa-initially-thought-that-Zack-Snyder-wanted-to-offer-him-the-role-of-Lobo-in-Justice-League.jpg
thing is, now there can never be a Lobo like that, they'll probably go with a soyboy.

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
yes, nick fury was writing up the "protector initiative" then he saw a picture of her plane Carol "avenger" Danvers
L O L

If she really was a fighter pilot her callsign would have been pancakes. Callsigns are always satire or callbacks to embarrassing moments for pilots.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Cybsled

Avengers were Avengers before Coulson’s death, Fury just used Coulson to help solidify the team.

He used her callsign as inspiration for the name of the program. She wasn’t an Avenger, he wanted to find people like her on Earth to help protect it.

Jesus, are people who didn’t pay attention during any Marvel movie really getting salty about this?

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Avengers were Avengers before Coulson’s death, Fury just used Coulson to help solidify the team.

He used her callsign as inspiration for the name of the program. She wasn’t an Avenger, he wanted to find people like her on Earth to help protect it.

Jesus, are people who didn’t pay attention during any Marvel movie really getting salty about this?
This is accurate. Capt. America was NOT retconned due to Capt. Marvel, and Capt. Marvel wasn't the first or ever was (yet) an Avenger in the MCU. Fury just used the "Avengers" name from her plane as inspiration to rename the initiative.

Fadaar

That guy
L O L

If she really was a fighter pilot her callsign would have been pancakes. Callsigns are always satire or callbacks to embarrassing moments for pilots.

Hearing the stories behind some of our pilots was great. Callsign is Ninja, sounds normal right? Nah, it stands for No I'm Not Jewish Asshole. Doug? Doesn't Operate Under Greygoose. Every one of them is like that, don't let them fancy fighter jocks lie to you.

• 2Like