Captain Marvel (2019)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
marvel already has several female superheroes in their films. DC already made a female super hero origin movie. black panther was the most recent Black Superhero origin story (after Blade and Spawn and Hancock). there isnt much uncharted ground here Captain Marvel and they couldnt even give her to an actress with any expression.

Xevy

Log Wizard
marvel already has several female superheroes in their films. DC already made a female super hero origin movie. black panther was the most recent Black Superhero origin story (after Blade and Spawn and Hancock). there isnt much uncharted ground here Captain Marvel and they couldnt even give her to an actress with any expression.
Yeah man, their rival already made one female hero origin movie and it was a huge success and they don't have ONE in their 20ish movies. Why even bother, right?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Yeah man, their rival already made one female hero origin movie and it was a huge success and they don't have ONE in their 20ish movies. Why even bother, right?
at least Wonder Woman was an Iconic superhero and she did appear in Bats V Supes. even Black Panther was introduced before he had his own film. this chick pops out of nowhere, never before mentioned except in a shoehorn after credits scene and now people are expected to get on board. talk about bad marketing. we dont even get a Black Widow or Scarlet Witch movie first?

Sevens

Log Wizard
at least Wonder Woman was an Iconic superhero and she did appear in Bats V Supes. even Black Panther was introduced before he had his own film. this chick pops out of nowhere, never before mentioned except in a shoehorn after credits scene and now people are expected to get on board. talk about bad marketing. we dont even get a Black Widow or Scarlet Witch movie first?
Dr Strange wasn't Iconic and had no introduction before his movie popped out of no where, same with Ant Man, Capt America, Iron Man etc etc etc....I mean these were pretty much B and C teir comic book characters and look what Marvel did with them.

• 1Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Dr. Strange is a pretty iconic character, originated in 1963, and has been pretty prevalent around the Avengers, Spider-Man, and Fantastic Four for ages. Created by Stan Lee and Steve Ditko. Ant Man was created by Stan Lee, Jack Kirby, and Larry Leibler.

Captain Marvel didn't exist until 2012 (her previous iterations date back to 1968, admittedly), but she's far and away from being iconic. Miss Marvel was more prevalent. Created by Roy Thomas and Gene Colan, who created Conan, and Falcon and Blade respectively.

I'm really disappointed this isn't who we're getting, but, you know, feminism.

enjinight-02.jpg

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 6 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Dr Strange wasn't Iconic and had no introduction before his movie popped out of no where, same with Ant Man, Capt America, Iron Man etc etc etc....I mean these were pretty much B and C teir comic book characters and look what Marvel did with them.
i hate Dr Strange, i thought his movie sucked and was out of place too. his involvement in IW was much better. Ant Man was OK, it gets better after repeat viewings, but i only cared because Edgar Wright made it a thing. i was a Cap fan as a kid. he had a TV show during the 70s that me and my dad used to watch. i would never consider him tier B or C. Iron Man grew on me, it took a long time for that to happen, you guys know how i feel about those movies. i like Tony ok now. but it took ten years and only because RDJ is a very good actor.

• 3Dislike
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 3 users

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
If it doesn't do as well as wonder woman it will be a failure due to the patriarchy

• 1Worf

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
So much smiling by WW in her first trailer. I counted 2 half smiles, one was doe eyes at Steve Trevor and the other was a confused one at the end when she doesn't understand the culture.

• 1Like

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
I don't need a dumb white millennial chic telling me her fucking opinion.
yea, she's so great
she forms a diversity team.

only they are aliens

and blue,

she's painted all her diverse black/chinese/fat costars as a singular color while she gets to be a basic white bitch.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
So much smiling by WW in her first trailer. I counted 2 half smiles, one was doe eyes at Steve Trevor and the other was a confused one at the end when she doesn't understand the culture.
6 seconds in her face is full of emotion.

Sevens

Log Wizard
i hate Dr Strange, i thought his movie sucked and was out of place too. his involvement in IW was much better. Ant Man was OK, it gets better after repeat viewings, but i only cared because Edgar Wright made it a thing. i was a Cap fan as a kid. he had a TV show during the 70s that me and my dad used to watch. i would never consider him tier B or C. Iron Man grew on me, it took a long time for that to happen, you guys know how i feel about those movies. i like Tony ok now. but it took ten years and only because RDJ is a very good actor.
But we werent talking about what you hate or dont hate....we were talking about movies that just came out of no where. You seemed to imply that no one would give a shit or that the movie would suck because Capt Marvel didnt appear in IW or some other movie and she just came out of no where. My whole point was that Marvel is such a machine atm that they can afford to take a chance on an unknown Comic book and still have it become main stream (ever hear of Guardians of the Galaxy?). People will watch this movie simply because it is Marvel, and honestly at the current time I am more than willing to give Marvel some lee way in their movies and for over a decade now they have produced a consistent quality product (Yes they have had turds...Thor: the dark world) but over all they have been good movies. And I really dont understand the love for Wonder Woman or Black Panther, neither one was more than an average film and Gal Gadot just plane sucks, and Klaue was the best part of BP, even though he totally kicked ass in Civil War

• 1Like

Sevens

Log Wizard
Dr. Strange is a pretty iconic character, originated in 1963, and has been pretty prevalent around the Avengers, Spider-Man, and Fantastic Four for ages. Created by Stan Lee and Steve Ditko. Ant Man was created by Stan Lee, Jack Kirby, and Larry Leibler.

Captain Marvel didn't exist until 2012 (her previous iterations date back to 1968, admittedly), but she's far and away from being iconic. Miss Marvel was more prevalent. Created by Roy Thomas and Gene Colan, who created Conan, and Falcon and Blade respectively.

I'm really disappointed this isn't who we're getting, but, you know, feminism.

View attachment 177123
Dr Strange may be "Iconic" in the comic book field but to the main stream no, he wasnt. Hulk, Spider man, Batman, Superman, Wonder woman. Those are Iconic characters, they are WELL known even outside the comic book world. Sorry, Iron man, Dr Strange, Ant man and others...they were not, they are B tier at the best. And never once did I say Capt Marvel was Iconic... she is a C tier character but I bet you a dollar to a donut she is going to be main stream within a year.
Edit: Sorry the the multi-post reply...its late and Im tired

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Raes

Vyemm Raider

Yes, those heroes weren't well known outside of the comics, and look at the well known A-list stars that they cast in those roles. RDJ, Paul Rudd, Chris Evans, and Benedict Cumberbatch. Brie is a decent actress but I wouldn't put her anywhere near their tier. I'm sure the movie will do well even if it's average or slightly below (Like BP) because the MCU has a built up a lot of momentum and because feminists and SJWs will go see it in droves.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What?

• 1Worf

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
When characters or plot devices are randomly introduced that solve or deal with the insurmountable problems, thats called shitty writing.

Thanos is supposed to be the ultimate badass now and his downfall is going to be a character we have never once heard of at all? Shitty writing. Since weve never heard of her now we have to do n origin story because who the hell knows who Captain Marvel is aside from comic book nerds. So here we are, 20 movies deep into MCU and doing another god damn origin story instead of seeing more Thanos and whats going on with that.

Shitty writing.

• 3Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
When characters or plot devices are randomly introduced that solve or deal with the insurmountable problems, thats called shitty writing.

Thanos is supposed to be the ultimate badass now and his downfall is going to be a character we have never once heard of at all? Shitty writing. Since weve never heard of her now we have to do n origin story because who the hell knows who Captain Marvel is aside from comic book nerds. So here we are, 20 movies deep into MCU and doing another god damn origin story instead of seeing more Thanos and whats going on with that.

Shitty writing.

What? Thanos won. Nothing else is going on with that and nothing will without something new coming into play.

You nerds are looking way too deep for things to bitch about.

Last edited:
  • 5Like
Reactions: 4 users