Captain Marvel (2019)

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Change my mind;

mmf threesomes make you gay.
Scarlet Johansson as a redhead and spitroasting.

But we're talking about a universe that has primarily featured hot MILFs and included a new take on Aunt May so the fact that Larson was not a first choice still gives me hope the future of the Marvel universe isn't totally gone.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Scarlet Johansson as a redhead and spitroasting.

But we're talking about a universe that has primarily featured hot MILFs and included a new take on Aunt May so the fact that Larson was not a first choice still gives me hope the future of the Marvel universe isn't totally gone.
'Captain Marvel' Bits: Rejecting Her "Bathing Suit" Costume, Larson Fought for a More Inclusive Press Tour, and More
Larson and Feige Agreed About the Costume

In a conversation with The Hollywood Reporter (via io9), Marvel Studios president and producer Kevin Feige talked about one of his early meetings with Larson about taking on the role, and how they both thought that the earlier designs of the character’s suit wouldn’t be the best fit for a movie:

“If you look at the comics, the further you go back, the less clothes Carol Danvers seems to be wearing. Oftentimes it’s a one-piece bathing suit basically, with outrageous comic proportions. … Brie pointed it out on the wall, and we went, ‘Yeah … just so you know, that’s not what we’re doing.’ She goes, ‘OK. I didn’t think so, but I’m glad you said that.'”​

The character’s redesign under writer Kelly Sue DeConnick removed the bathing suit and gave Carol Danvers a much more practical sense of style, so don’t expect to see Larson fighting Skrulls in a tight black one-piece on the big screen.

• 3Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I think shes a stupid cunt on all levels, but even I have to admit that the One piece black carol danvers costume has no place in live action movies. It just would look so out of place.

Ms-Marvel-Marvel-Comics-Classic.jpg

• 9Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 9 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I just don't get how people eat this shit up. She's shitting all over fans yet people here happily buy tickets way in advance.

Have some self respect.

If I was gonna boycott movies and shows because the actors are douchebags in real life I'd have fuck all to watch. Everyone is on the bandwagon against Brie, but fuck Ruffalo and Evans are just as fucking retarded. Hell, as much as I hate Evans' politics I still want more Cap.

• 5Like
  • 3Solidarity
  • 2Dislike
Reactions: 9 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
If I was gonna boycott movies and shows because the actors are douchebags in real life I'd have fuck all to watch. Everyone is on the bandwagon against Brie, but fuck Ruffalo and Evans are just as fucking retarded. Hell, as much as I hate Evans' politics I still want more Cap.

Ruffalo and Evans started their shit after the fact and its balanced out by our love of the characters. Larson started hers before she even got started. We won't get the chance to view the performance through any lens other than "this is the cunt that actively hates me for my gender and skin colour"

• 5Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I haven't seen Ant Man 2(not sure why, honestly) nor Black Panther(I'm white, I'm not allowed) and I haven't felt like I missed anything important for Thanos 1. I doubt Marvel will fuck up and make this movie required viewing for Thanos 2.

Ant Man 2 was great. Black Panther was boring, I never finished it. This will probably be boring too, mostly because she (Brie) has no gravitas or charisma. What a terrible casting choice.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I have now heard three different women tell me they don't play on going to see this movie because of the level of "Man hating cunt" the star is... I am mildly entertained by this.

• 6Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 7 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Oh, I think it will be a commercial success. I don't think anyone believes otherwise. I think it will be an decent movie too. I'm sure the critics will say it's better than sex, and more historic than the moon landing--but in reality I suspect it will be about as good as most Marvel solid "B" opening films, like the First Avenger, or Ant Man. Just short of Iron Man and Guardians, but good movies.The issue with people like Brie though is she's deep enough in the cult to proselytize, and once you have enough of those types in an organization--shit tends to go down hill quickly. Most humans will not project their beliefs to people they aren't sure they are synched with ideologically (So they may stand up and scream out prayers in church, but they wouldn't push that shit on others unless there was an opening that made them feel comfortable). But the small number of people who will? They can have a huge effect on people, because they alter the heuristics of those around them.

This is why people think like those around them--our brains are still set up to live in small, tribal communities. So you generally project the values of those around you into your assumptions about the world. If you have people like Brie pissing in your ear 24/7, it can dramatically change those views. (Only10-20% of people with strong beliefs can lead 80% to change their opinions in a group.) Because our perception of what the group wants is not based on what the group actually wants, but by evidence we can gather--which is dominated by those willing to shove their beliefs down your throat. This is why I constantly harp on why its important people not try to IOOTI this shit and avoid talking about it--if you don't express how much it pisses you off, people will assume everyone thinks like these jerk offs.

But any-case, what I'm worried about is that after this and Black Panther, you're going to have more people swirling around pushing the cult's views--and the movies are going to start changing due to it. But it won't happen until after Endgame at least, so at least we'll finish up this epic run on a high note. Hopefully I'm wrong, but...well, look at star wars. If you're seeing members of the cult proudly proclaiming using their positions to affect the story for their ideology, you can almost count on dog shit being produced soon enough.

Yep, that’s basically the Lithose version of what I’ve been saying. Well said.

Argarth

On the verandah
Looked up TDS, haha thanks. Since I know next to nothing about how the American political system works, I'll leave it there. =P

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Looked up TDS, haha thanks. Since I know next to nothing about how the American political system works, I'll leave it there. =P
basically it isnt just people who hate the president. i mean ok fine. nobody has to like everyone, Trump isnt the cuddliest of teddy bears. but its active hostility for anyone who voted for him and the things he is in favor of. 20 years ago Clinton said most of the same things Trump says now and these people were right on board with it. Now they act like rabid dogs when it comes out of his mouth. its completely disgusting and their mental illness is causing them say disgusting things and to commit disgusting and violent acts. Brie Larson with Cap and Ruffalo are the most vile individuals. these people literally hate you even if you pay to see their films. they still want you dead because they perceive that you are like Trump somehow.

• 3Seriously?
  • 2Like
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 5 users

Maul

Dental Dammer
I think shes a stupid cunt on all levels, but even I have to admit that the One piece black carol danvers costume has no place in live action movies. It just would look so out of place.

Ms-Marvel-Marvel-Comics-Classic.jpg
rs_634x905-180515113943-634.wonder-woman.51518.jpg

Looks fine if you have the figure to pull it off, Brie looks like a swamp donkey in comparison.

• 7Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 8 users

Caliane

it "could" be done. But yes, it has the same problem as Captain America, etc. Comic uniforms were based on Leotards from performers, weight lifters etc of the 30-70s.
The movie resurgence has built its own unique "look". Tacti-cool basketball textured not-kevlar. See WW above as well.

Carol's origins, personality, and history have been MASSIVELY retconned as well. Now she is just Female Captain America for the Galaxy. The xmen, Binary, alcoholism, etc is gone. So, the old suit makes little sense for her "Air force pilot, Air force commander" personality.

• 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think there is room for gritty imperfect heroes that get it wrong but still fight for the overall good.
But I also think letting that in is dangerous ground and should be handled with skill. Fails include heavy handedness, camp, broken immersion, supporting the bad aspects at expense of good.

I think there is room for musclebound short-haired women with attitude who aren't the best overall rolemodels but give the marginalized something.
I don't think they should be at the core. Spinoffs and cameos are best. Perhaps setting up for a spider-pals to balance them out or a whole team of fucks, Suicide Squad done right. That lifestyle choice is toxic and tenuous and it should show in the movies and such should be antiheroes. Cap'splain.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I think where this cunt goes wrong is Captain Marvel is a woman. Yes. Cool.

But she’s powerful because she’s a fucking alien super hero not because she’s a proud independent woman.

Tying feminism to an alien is as stupid as the wakandans tying black power to a made up country.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor

Evans didn't start being retarded until he was already established as Cap, as others have said. Evans also never directly shit on the fans, or used the negative side of ID politics (IE white males bad). He also rarely uses the character as his platform (I think he's done so ONCE, and it was about an ideal that wasn't too ideological, pretty much just 'equality good'--which is fine). Brie does all of these things. That's the difference. Being for social justice isn't bad. Using social justice to try and exclude or intimidate people, is. Just like all religions, it can be used in good and bad ways.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users