Captain Marvel (2019)

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I give them enough respect to not assume that they're just going to turn it into her saving the day. I think she'll play a big part in whatever it is that defeats him (something to do with her powers specifically) as they do need to pass the torch in a significant way, but I don't think they're just going to pull a "her she comes to save the day!" pile of crap. I don't extend this respect or consideration past Endgame though.

Either way, Endgame is likely going to be the last MCU movie I watch unless they do some more Cap or Taika movies. I'm not interesting in a decade-long series of movies based on and led by The Savior of Africa: Black Fantasy (and his band of barking gorillas), and Captain Misandry. If I wanted to be preached to by ideologues, I'd go browse reddit

• 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I give them enough respect to not assume that they're just going to turn it into her saving the day. I think she'll play a big part in whatever it is that defeats him (something to do with her powers specifically) as they do need to pass the torch in a significant way, but I don't think they're just going to pull a "her she comes to save the day!" pile of crap. I don't extend this respect or consideration past Endgame though.

Either way, Endgame is likely going to be the last MCU movie I watch unless they do some more Cap or Taika movies. I'm not interesting in a decade-long series of movies based on and led by The Savior of Africa: Black Fantasy (and his band of barking gorillas), and Captain Misandry. If I wanted to be preached to by ideologues, I'd go browse reddit
dont worry, DC looks like they are getting their shit together. sort of. Aquaman was tits and the spinoff, The Trench might be fucking sweet.
'Aquaman' Spinoff Movie to Dive into Horror with 'The Trench'

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
dont worry, DC looks like they are getting their shit together. sort of. Aquaman was tits and the spinoff, The Trench might be fucking sweet.

Was never a DC fan outside of Batman, and that will never change. I'm not even a superhero fan, just a Sci-Fi fan which these tend to fit in with. So, I can do without them.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Was never a DC fan outside of Batman, and that will never change. I'm not even a superhero fan, just a Sci-Fi fan which these tend to fit in with. So, I can do without them.
what i mean is, if you want a break from ID politics in your entertainment. a movie like Aquaman is a good way to go. although that Birds Of Prey movie looks like its going to suck ass because it might be even woker than Captain Marvel.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
what i mean is, if you want a break from ID politics in your entertainment. a movie like Aquaman is a good way to go. although that Birds Of Prey movie looks like its going to suck ass because it might be even woker than Captain Marvel.

I'll probably watch Aquaman at some point, but I'll be surprised if I can get past the whole "Why is Ronon Dex in the ocean? And why has his acting not improved in 14 years?"

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I'll probably watch Aquaman at some point, but I'll be surprised if I can get past the whole "Why is Ronon Dex in the ocean? And why has his acting not improved in 14 years?"
lol, acting? dude no, no acting in that movie. its campy as fuck. which is why its fucking awesome.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
lol, acting? dude no, no acting in that movie. its campy as fuck. which is why its fucking awesome.

The only thing that would have made this movie greater is if Aquaman was actually riding a seahorse.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Wait WHAT!? Jason Momoa was the offbrand Teal'C in Stargate Atlantis?

• 1Like

Sentagur

Low and to the left
<Silver Donator>
Captain Marvel is just a bigger character than Widow and can fill the shoes that Captain America is gonna leave when he is gone.
She can barely fill out her pants backside, there is no chance of her filling out anyones shoes.
Every time i watch Captain Marvel trailer and see that ridiculous mohawk it rips me right out of the movie. Also her line delivery " I will not fight your war, i will end it" and that other one " Higher Further Faster" make her sound like a petulent child and not a warrior hero.

Wait WHAT!? Jason Momoa was the offbrand Teal'C in Stargate Atlantis?

Have you been living offplanet last 10 years and havent seen atlantis?

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm pretty sure the bland female native alien woman in Atlantis was the offbrand Teal'c. Then McKay was their Carter, so Jason Momoa was their Dr. Jackson except it was the Blacklist version of James Spader (voice of Ultron) instead of Michael Shanks.

Anyways back on topic... her origin story is set in the past and Endgame is clearly time travel related so I would expect the majority of her roll to be setting something up in the timeline, probably along with Cap's back story revisits.

Goonsquad Officer
It's pretty good. In it, aquaman bangs a tiny blonde woman and doesn't understand how infection works.

• 6Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 7 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I was about to say I saw the ad for this the other day when I was watching Women's Golf!

• 1Worf