Captain Marvel (2019)

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
Tarrant, help. I just wanna hear talk about the movie. If I want to talk politics and such, I'd much rather it be in a politics channel.

• 7Salty
  • 4Dislike
  • 2EyeRoll
Reactions: 14 users

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
Tarrant, help. I just wanna hear talk about the movie. If I want to talk politics and such, I'd much rather it be in a politics channel.

There is no movie, it has been turned into, by the star's own doing, a SJW, racist, political shit-show. What the hell would there be to talk about in this thread if it weren't for calling out how utterly horrible the entire fiasco is and what a talentless bitch Brie Larson is?

• 5Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 5 users

Sentagur

Low and to the left
<Silver Donator>
I should just post full spoilers here because none of you are going to watch this, right?
You cant just promise spoilers and then not deliver.
Its why god invented spoiler tags.
Now spill your guts Nancy and dont hold back any details!

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Ah yes, the "if you fight back against your bully then you're just giving him the attention he craves" approach.

I am going with he is a Canada.

justin-trudeau-blog.jpg

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I can’t make heads or tails of what you’re saying.

Bob is pissed with a broad so he gives her 7 featuring movies?

And he’s pissed with Olsen so he relegates her to background ensemble only?

no, he pissed at brie because she already HAS 7 movies. the rumors are the feige is the only one who's propping brie up and the higher ups are getting pissed

Xevy

Log Wizard
K. Get spoiled if you want.

ENTIRE SUMMARY OF MOVIE PLOT POINTS

Doesn't know her history at beginning of movie. Has powers throughout movie.
Is Kree soldier, kidnapped by skrulls, accidentally shot onto earth when she blows Skrull ship.
Goes to save Kree scientist Marvell on Earth from Skrulls. (Marvell)
TWIST
Krulls are good guys trying to evade Kree who is murderizing them. Marvell was killed by Kree, not Skrulls, for trying to help Skrulls.
She finds out she got her power via a super splosion from a lightspeed engine. Blood infusion on Kree world to help make her think she was Kree to cover back story.
She sides with Skrulls, who are the best characters in the movie, against Kree.
Finds her inner power, weirdly more pro-human than pro-woman, and does fire blazey things.
Never even close to challenged when her power is found.
The proto for the energy cell she got her powers from is the Tesseract. Kree/Skrull fight over it. Fury ends up with it.
She blasts off to find the Skrulls a home planet.
End credit scene. Avengers that survived Snappening looking at her pager thing she gave Fury. It runs out of power after they've been just constantly sending signal out. Then it stops. They're trying to figure out how to turn it back on or power it up again and turn around. "Where's Fury?" Says Captain Marvel standing behind Cap.
Nick Fury lost his eye to a cat scratch.

Also her being a "self righteous cunt" or whatever these nerds are saying is probably to benefit of her character. She's female Thor. She's not Stoic Superman. She's Fuckem-Up Francine. She wants to fight and wants to fight everyone. Her acting was fine, definitely weak in spots like the super dramatic parts, but her cocky style was fine. The "girls are tuff too" rhetoric was played more into a "humans can fight above their level" moreso except some sexist Air Force stuff that literally was in a 30 second montage including a "cockpit joke". Sam Jackson was great. The Skrull dude was fucking amazing. Jude Law was fine. The black airforce girl out-acted Brie during the dramatic parts by using her face to act. Crazy.
[/spoilers]

• 2Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 2 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
no, he pissed at brie because she already HAS 7 movies. the rumors are the feige is the only one who's propping brie up and the higher ups are getting pissed
she's slurping that feige dick somethin fierce cuz this movie is trash so far. Everyone around her is trying so hard to perform and she's just phoning it in, "look at me, i'm a cute blond!"

i'm not joking either, her individual scenes with jude law and annette bening are bland, they do their job, while she's like in the wrong movie.

only 10mins in, it doesn't feel like a marvel movie... It feels like Fox is making it.

slurp slurp

• 3Like

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Agree with Lanx. Torrented it, was bored the whole way through, and Brie's acting and line delivery was flat. Was fine if you just want to watch Brie Larson in CM cosplay, I guess. I've watched every MCU movie multiple times, except for BP which I haven't watched at all. This is definitely bottom of the pile. And this is aside from any disgust I feel towards Brie as a person. Literally anyone else would have been a better casting choice. She has zero stage presence, and it didn't even seem like she was putting any effort into acting.

No tension, no excitement. Nothing you need to see before Endgame.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Agree with Lanx. Torrented it, was bored the whole way through, and Brie's acting and line delivery was flat. Was fine if you just want to watch Brie Larson in CM cosplay, I guess. I've watched every MCU movie multiple times, except for BP which I haven't watched at all. This is definitely bottom of the pile. And this is aside from any disgust I feel towards Brie as a person. Literally anyone else would have been a better casting choice. She has zero stage presence, and it didn't even seem like she was putting any effort into acting.

No tension, no excitement. Nothing you need to see before Endgame.
when BP came out. all you needed to know going into IW was that Wakanda was a magic place where some hacker chick could spout technobabble. is this something similar?

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Thought it was great, wasn't preachy at all and that's why I think it's getting shit online from faggots thinking it was supposed to be like the new Ghostbusters, it was a buy the books Marvel origin story and her being a girl was barely mentioned.

• 3Like

Raes

Vyemm Raider
when BP came out. all you needed to know going into IW was that Wakanda was a magic place where some hacker chick could spout technobabble. is this something similar?

I don't think so. I mean, it's an origin story, so if you really want to know how she got her powers. But, they don't really show/explain what her powers are anyway. As far as the big ongoing storyline? Nothing that I can think of.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Thought it was great, wasn't preachy at all and that's why I think it's getting shit online from faggots thinking it was supposed to be like the new Ghostbusters, it was a buy the books Marvel origin story and her being a girl was barely mentioned.

Did you watch a version starring Mist?!?!

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Without getting into it, the movie was fine. I'd say middle of the road as far as MCU origin movies. Would watch again before I would watch Black Panther. Nothing feminist is shoved into your face, unless you are gonna get nit picky about it. It's the story for a female character becoming/learning to become a hero. That's it.

Jackson, Goose, Mendehlson are still the best parts of the movie. Brie isn't horrible but she's not great either. I like where they went with the story and my earlier guess about where she gets her powers from were correct.

Also my showing was sold out. Mostly people my age and college kids.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Sentagur

Low and to the left
<Silver Donator>
K. Get spoiled if you want.

ENTIRE SUMMARY OF MOVIE PLOT POINTS

Doesn't know her history at beginning of movie. Has powers throughout movie.
Is Kree soldier, kidnapped by skrulls, accidentally shot onto earth when she blows Skrull ship.
Goes to save Kree scientist Marvell on Earth from Skrulls. (Marvell)
TWIST
Krulls are good guys trying to evade Kree who is murderizing them. Marvell was killed by Kree, not Skrulls, for trying to help Skrulls.
She finds out she got her power via a super splosion from a lightspeed engine. Blood infusion on Kree world to help make her think she was Kree to cover back story.
She sides with Skrulls, who are the best characters in the movie, against Kree.
Finds her inner power, weirdly more pro-human than pro-woman, and does fire blazey things.
Never even close to challenged when her power is found.
The proto for the energy cell she got her powers from is the Tesseract. Kree/Skrull fight over it. Fury ends up with it.
She blasts off to find the Skrulls a home planet.
End credit scene. Avengers that survived Snappening looking at her pager thing she gave Fury. It runs out of power after they've been just constantly sending signal out. Then it stops. They're trying to figure out how to turn it back on or power it up again and turn around. "Where's Fury?" Says Captain Marvel standing behind Cap.
Nick Fury lost his eye to a cat scratch.

Also her being a "self righteous cunt" or whatever these nerds are saying is probably to benefit of her character. She's female Thor. She's not Stoic Superman. She's Fuckem-Up Francine. She wants to fight and wants to fight everyone. Her acting was fine, definitely weak in spots like the super dramatic parts, but her cocky style was fine. The "girls are tuff too" rhetoric was played more into a "humans can fight above their level" moreso except some sexist Air Force stuff that literally was in a 30 second montage including a "cockpit joke". Sam Jackson was great. The Skrull dude was fucking amazing. Jude Law was fine. The black airforce girl out-acted Brie during the dramatic parts by using her face to act. Crazy.
[/spoilers]
Are you saying that when she delivers one liners it doesnt feel like they were delivered by Pinocchio who is trying to be a real boy? Are her CGI scenes with the retard mohawk actually ok looking?
Because both of those were terrible in the trailers and in combination with her interview attitude made me want to skip this flaming dumpster fire.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Are you saying that when she delivers one liners it doesnt feel like they were delivered by Pinocchio who is trying to be a real boy? Are her CGI scenes with the retard mohawk actually ok looking?
Because both of those were terrible in the trailers and in combination with her interview attitude made me want to skip this flaming dumpster fire.

I feel like in the first half they shot it and everyone phoned it in. Like, literally everyone. Maybe even Samuel L. Then the director was like, "Guys, can we please try for at least half the movie?" Then it gets better in the second half. The first few scenes with her and Law and her and Benning are bad. The later scenes are much better. She's definitely not getting a fucking Oscar nom for this one.

CGI was fine. Maybe over the top with the swirly blaze shit, but it's whatever. The biggest thing that annoyed me was all the alien guns looking like Nerf guns again, but they even make fun of that in the movie.

My theater was like 90% full at the first showing. I think they had multiple screens though and there was a hell of a line for concessions for a Thursday night at 7pm. Audience was probably 60%+ women. Several group of gal pals and a lot of boyfriend/girlfriend couples. I didn't see any kids.

Sentagur

Low and to the left
<Silver Donator>
I feel like in the first half they shot it and everyone phoned it in. Like, literally everyone. Maybe even Samuel L. Then the director was like, "Guys, can we please try for at least half the movie?" Then it gets better in the second half. The first few scenes with her and Law and her and Benning are bad. The later scenes are much better. She's definitely not getting a fucking Oscar nom for this one.

CGI was fine. Maybe over the top with the swirly blaze shit, but it's whatever. The biggest thing that annoyed me was all the alien guns looking like Nerf guns again, but they even make fun of that in the movie.

My theater was like 90% full at the first showing. I think they had multiple screens though and there was a hell of a line for concessions for a Thursday night at 7pm. Audience was probably 60%+ women. Several group of gal pals and a lot of boyfriend/girlfriend couples. I didn't see any kids.
From what you described so far i would say she should have been helping Dare Devil and Luke Cage instead of being inflated to the movie hero status so she can carry the MCU after Endgame. I did not grow up with super hero comics so maybe this isnt saying much but i never heard of her character until i was neck deep in the MCU. How is she supposed to be this huge thing leading the charge after the current crop is finished. IM, Thor or Captain America leave some pretty big shoes to fill and i dont think she has the presence or fame to fill them.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I just got home from watching this movie. Let me preface this by saying that I despise the constant women power bullshit that Bree is spewing.

Holy shit, this movie was GREAT! The only minor bit of feminism was from the black pilot, and that was more a black thing than feminism.

I loved this movie. Surprised because I despised Black Panther, and also felt Ant-Man 2 was a waste of time. This was fanatic.

• 4Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 4 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I wasn't ready for the ugly cry bomb they planted in the first 10 seconds.

Really enjoyed it, nice lull between these big Avengers finale-style movies.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
so the worst part of this movie is Captain Marvel? thats BAD. no kids in the theater? for the toy industry thats really BAD.

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Sentagur

Low and to the left
<Silver Donator>
I just got home from watching this movie. Let me preface this by saying that I despise the constant women power bullshit that Bree is spewing.

Holy shit, this movie was GREAT! The only minor bit of feminism was from the black pilot, and that was more a black thing than feminism.

I loved this movie. Surprised because I despised Black Panther, and also felt Ant-Man 2 was a waste of time. This was fanatic.
Are you channeling your avatar or are you being for serious? Dont play with our emotions like that man!