Captain Marvel (2019)

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I have said it before and I will say it again;

He shortest path to becoming an Incel is getting married.

Edit: and for something actually related to the movie...

did someone that we are supposed to be sympathetic to the Skrulls? How are we supposed to ace Secret Wars without Skrulls as the bad guys or am I misremembering who the Skrulls are.

And if the Skrulls are being made the sympathetic oppressed does anyone else think that it is because the Skrulls are supposed to represent transgender people?

A couple lines of dialog or introduction of another faction of Skrulls and we have Secret Invasion, np. I'm glad it wasn't just forced into this movie other than showing us how they could quickly integrate/hide. Could easily revisit this and in a phase or two when we have more actors retiring and find out a smattering of minor and a major player have been Skrulls all along or something, replaced in the 90s by a faction of radicalized Skrulls who didn't stay on the ship, attempting to restore their race to glory or something.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>

did someone that we are supposed to be sympathetic to the Skrulls? How are we supposed to ace Secret Wars without Skrulls as the bad guys or am I misremembering who the Skrulls are.

And if the Skrulls are being made the sympathetic oppressed does anyone else think that it is because the Skrulls are supposed to represent transgender people?
Yep, they are sympathetic. You end up liking at least one of them a lot.

They are clearly not transgender though. The mother and father are definitely "gender-defined" or whatever you want to call it. Sure, I couldn't tell you if their kid was a boy or a girl, but I don't know if that's because I forgot or I couldn't tell. But it is a kid in makeup, hard to tell gender then anyway. I want to say boy, but fuck if I can remember. It didn't matter.

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
Marvel is dead to me. Not because of the above, it does not help, but because its getting played out.

I know this shit makes them tons of cash, but I have a feeling people are just getting sick of the hero movies.

If they would of played their cards right they could of made this genre last a bit longer, but here we are.

well thankfully there's nothing on the slate past the Spider-Man sequel, so you'll get a good break at least

Raes

Vyemm Raider
I have said it before and I will say it again;

He shortest path to becoming an Incel is getting married.

If you look at it through an "agenda" lens, they are basically saying that the "invaders" are just "refugees" and not the bad guys. They just want to be reunited with their families, etc. Didn't really bother me, since thew few SJWish bits are as badly written as the rest of the movie, which makes it seem "subtle". Ya know, there's a reason they call it a "cock" pit.

• 1Like

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Why would they delete ratings, unless they were bots influencing it up/down?

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Why would they delete ratings, unless they were bots influencing it up/down?

It's a good thing any sort of criticism about this stuff isn't just thrown out as being bots and trolls. Boy, just think about how easy it would be to sway people's opinions if that wasn't the case!

• 2Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
So I haven't accurately counted, but it seems we have at least five or so gender traitors, and one Nazi lamenting on how there's no way to win, so you might as well give your money to the Jews anyways.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
yo wtf
(The ‘Audience Score’ percentage, for those who haven’t been following, is the percentage of all users who have rated the movie or TV show positively – that is, given it a star rating of 3.5 or higher – and is only shown once the movie or TV show is released.)

mouse over the audience score
063dc3e5a7fb3a0d2216ba0dbe17c658.png

that means they DELETED 54,000 reviews that were LESS THAN <, 3.5

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Are you channeling your avatar or are you being for serious? Dont play with our emotions like that man!
I actually really liked this movie. I went in with my "feminism sensors" set to high, regardless of not wanting them to be. And I ended up loving it after all was said and done. Any music that had actual vocalists was 95% female, but it worked. This movie wasn't heavy handed at all. Just a solid story. The biggest feminism moments (if you want to even call it that) was "Kid Danvers" getting up with a triumphant smile after every time she fucked something up. But even that wasn't feminism. Just something kids do.

I intentionally never looked at the early toy release that showed what the cat was, but ever since you guys mentioned something about the cat, EVERY time it was on the screen, I was expecting something bad to happen. When it actually did happen, I was happy. That cat was awesome. Also, the first after credits scene does a great job of bridging the gap between Captain Marvel's 1995 time frame & Infinity War's 2018. And no Ant-Man needed.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
So I haven't accurately counted, but it seems we have at least five or so gender traitors, and one Nazi lamenting on how there's no way to win, so you might as well give your money to the Jews anyways.
yea the fags in this thread is sad, i honestly cannot go past 10mins into the film! it's so fucking bad (this is when the "team" is being assembled).

• 1Salty

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
CHecked my webpage to confirm went from 58k reviews to 5200 lol. Disney apparently owns RT. Ill be sticking to Metacritic now for all critic and user reviews.

• 1Like

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Lithose you have become obsessed with a movement you think is taking over the world when the only thing it's taking over is your own sanity. Dumb people with idiotic opinions have always existed, this is nothing new. But you do nothing but seek those opinions out to post about them on an internet forum and fight their "gospel" with your own. This is all you talk about. You do not participate in any conversation outside of your anti-sjw theocracy. And then you hi-jack threads that have nothing to do with it and force people to suffer through your idiocy.

Brie Larson is a moron and a bad actress. Brie Larson did not write this movie, and Brie Larson is not leading a charge that will change the world. She's an actress, with no bearing on my life other than deciding whether I want to see a fucking superhero movie she's in.

Get a grip you lunatic.

Oh, the old "you're as religious as them?!"..Yeah, people used to use that on skeptics all the time. It's pretty old. Criticism of a cult does not entail your own ideological beliefs. Sorry, that's not how it works. If you believe I'm posting this "everywhere", its because this shit is everywhere. (And I post in a bunch of threads with no SJW shit at all, from hand held games to several movie and TV threads.). I only post political shit in non-political threads when the actual writers or directors or production team confirm this sentiment. So if you're seeing me post this "everywhere" (lol), its because a lot of Hollywood is being pretty fucking open with this being their cause and its been in a good amount of films. But again, you don't have a problem with that--just the reaction to it. And if the reaction is negative, it seems to really piss you off.

People are being thrown in jail for this shit, Khane. People are losing their livelihood over it. And not because some Liberal university fired them--but because payment processors have black listed them. Amazon is banning books written criticizing the wrong people. The ACLU has said it will no longer protect all speech. How fucking far do things have to go before you pull your head out of your ass? Honestly now. If you want to defend this shit, actually defend it. But don't try to claim people responding are somehow the problem.

Because the worst part is people like you sit idly by while these fucking psychopaths lobby to put people in jail and black list them like McCarthy 2.0, and then you spend time trying to rail against the people speaking out, as if this shit is originating with the people who have an issue with it. How the fuck do you explain that? Like why do you care about what I'm saying, but I never you see you discuss it when one of these people call for major censorship or even criminality of speech? You explain that one to me, Khane. Because what it seems like is your fine with politics hijacking all of this shit when its of a certain type, but the moment someone argues against it--THEN its a problem. Because I'm not the fucking person who said this movie was supposed to be political--that was Brie and Disney. I'm just responding to it. If you want politics out of your movies, attack the source injecting them into said movies--not the response. If everyone was less tolerant of this shit, it would stop, and I'd have ZERO need to be speaking of it at all.

Last edited:
  • 7Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 8 users

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Khanebro, take a step back from the whole TV/Movie angle of SJW'ism, and instead look at the political one. When you have a major political party seriously pushing for things like UBI, slavery reparations, and eliminating fossil fuels within 10 years, you can't really claim that this SJW nonsense is being overdramatized at this point.

• 1Like