Captain Marvel (2019)

Ladro

Anomaly
Came here to talk about the movie, but it seems as though this turned into a politics thread. Thanks for shitting all over my fun and enjoyment assholes.

• 6Salty
  • 4Picard
  • 3Like
Reactions: 17 users

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Came here to talk about the movie, but it seems as though this turned into a politics thread. Thanks for shitting all over my fun and enjoyment assholes.
Fair point, take it up with Brie because she is the one that made this movie political. So fuck you and your stupid opinion on this fucking bullshit movie.

• 19Like
  • 2Picard
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 23 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
This is a debate to lead the most powerful political party in the world. One of the people vying for the position literally says her job will be to tell white people to shut up, and not to speak....Not to speak within a POLITICAL party, where the whole point is advocating your views.

As said, too--people are being thrown in jail and black listed. The idea that somehow the reaction is the problem is laughable. Sticking his head up his ass is honestly not enough to describe how blind someone has to be to deny this. But that's what he must do if he wants to argue against people criticizing the cult without actually having to defend how fucking retarded and hypocritical the cult is--its an old game.
You ever seen a video exist in real life? Nope! Iooti.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Saw it, did not hate it. It was mediocre just as a movie in my opinion.

My son loved the lore that it brought out and explained some stuff.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Ladro

Anomaly
Fair point, take it up with Brie because she is the one that made this movie political. So fuck you and your stupid opinion on this fucking bullshit movie.

Thats cute coming from an internet tough guy. Movie was great, thought it was fun and enjoyable. Maybe move out of your mom's basement after living your life as an internet troll into your 40's and you might lose the stick up your ass.

• 6Picard
  • 5EyeRoll
  • 3Like
Reactions: 15 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I just hope Marvel and Disney are happy that their feminist marketing and authoritarian lead actress did such a great job. I just wished they could have waited til after endgame before letting me know they didn't want my money anymore.

• 3Like
  • 1EyeRoll
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 4 users

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Thats cute coming from an internet tough guy. Movie was great, thought it was fun and enjoyable. Maybe move out of your mom's basement after living your life as an internet troll into your 40's and you might lose the stick up your ass.

Hahaha, your comments about me show that you know nothing about me or this board, you must be new. I am quiet possibly the the least troll person on the board, but I did enjoy your original comeback about living in my mom's basement. What I enjoyed most is that you called everyone here an asshole for making this movie thread a politics thread. Are you that oblivious to the bullshit Brie has been spouting during her press junket?

Go back and look at the first page of this thread from June 2018, the 7th post...

Inside the event, Larson used her acceptance speech Wednesday advocate for more inclusion among movie reviewers. The audience applauded after she said she didn't need "a white dude to tell me what didn't work for him" about Ava DuVernay's A Wrinkle in Time, for example. "It wasn't made for him. I want to know what that film meant to women of color, to biracial women, to teen women of color, to teens that are biracial. And for the third time, I don't hate white dudes! These are just facts; these are not my feelings."

God I hope they don't fuck this up because of this kind of attitude. Edit: Thinking somehow a white guy not liking your movie is okay because him being white male makes his opinion lesser is the exact kind of racist shit that ends up pushing wrong headed choices in these ideologues.

Brie started this, you can't be mad at people reacting to that bullshit when they were attacked by the star of the movie. I hope this tanks and I hope she has a major set back in her career for her part in the failure of this movie. For the record I was a Brie fan from back in the day, I loved her in Scott Pilgrim. Also, I am 42, I own my home, I run a small business and I have a beautiful wife and two awesome boys, but if you need to make fun of me I am over weight. So have at it bro I understand you need to throw punches, I can take them just please be original.

• 10Like
  • 3Picard
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 15 users

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor

Brie and Disney say you're welcome. I know, I hate it too. Thank you for agreeing.

• 4Solidarity
  • 2Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 6 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
it was a glitch, guys
_0bi62dP_400x400.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Not to defend RT, I think they're idiots for the way they calculate scores, but I clicked on and skimmed a page or two of the "user reviews" before they were taken down (was at like 58k or so I think) and the dates on a lot of the ones I glanced at were from February. I assumed they were from the "want to see" crap that got removed the other day. Could have just been an error. It's funny as hell anyway, considering what the score is at after the deletion though. :D

Edit: ^^^ That actually makes sense.

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I must have missed it. I came here to see if the movie was any good but I'm not wading through a bunch of shit flinging to find a scrap of real opinion.
It's working like u say then? Right? Yet you're surprised...?

• 1Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Politics aside, I enjoyed the movie well enough. It had good moments and overall it was not bad. It is not the best Marvel movie "/Wave to Captain America's Winter Soldier" but it was worth the money. The complaints about Brie Larson's acting are valid but...her character went 6 years being told to hold back her personality/emotions to be a better warrior. I have to think a little of the stoic acting revolved around the directing as much as the actress. I am hoping that perhaps "End Game" will show a little more emotion now that she has had time away from that world. The only part that had me a little confused was how the airplane engine explosion did not disintegrate her, given she was human and not mixed at that point. My wife mentioned that perhaps the power of the infinity stones is more than just their description. While certain actions will annihilate, others will create. Its fantasy, so I went with that explanation.

7.5/10

• 3Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 3 users

spronk

FPS noob
Saw this today in AMC Dolby with wife, she really enjoyed I thought it was fine. It wasn't memorable or great, it wasn't boring or bad either. I'd probably rate it just solidly mediocre like Ant Man, Dr. Strange, etc. Nothing really stands out - there are no amazing action set pieces, this isn't really an emotional moment for any character, honestly the best moments involve a character that doesn't talk so that says a lot about the cast.

Jude Law is awful, I used to like him in stuff but he was just phoning it in so hard in this movie. Really bad casting choice there.

Good date nite movie, its definitely a movie made for women in the way Fast and Furious movies are made for guys.

There is a little too much "REMEMBER X GUYS? REMEMBER Y GUYS? THIS IS HOW IT ALL HAPPENED" from the MCU which is solidly annoying. No, I don't really need to know how Nick Fury started wearing a cock ring (to make up something), but they throw a lot of that in here. There is only 2-3 mins of tie ins to Infinity War and its almost all mid credits at the end. Still, if you are a marvel fan and have seen em all you might as well see this, its like a mediocre Guardians of the Galaxy spin off honestly.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
ppl are trying to say that Brie did allt his "sjw" stuff ahead of it b/c she knew it'd be a disaster

these ppl are also retards, Brie is not miss fucking cleo

these are also the same ppl that say that Donald Trump was "just" running in the election to get another TV deal or pimp Trump Steak.

these ppl are so tiny minded, that they believe Donald Trump will put his name on a ballot, just like how that fucking real Dog is Mayor, no if Donald Trump is going to upend his entire family, legacy and wealth... he's gonna do it to WIN.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Politics aside, I enjoyed the movie well enough. It had good moments and overall it was not bad. It is not the best Marvel movie "/Wave to Captain America's Winter Soldier" but it was worth the money. The complaints about Brie Larson's acting are valid but...her character went 6 years being told to hold back her personality/emotions to be a better warrior. I have to think a little of the stoic acting revolved around the directing as much as the actress. I am hoping that perhaps "End Game" will show a little more emotion now that she has had time away from that world. The only part that had me a little confused was how the airplane engine explosion did not disintegrate her, given she was human and not mixed at that point. My wife mentioned that perhaps the power of the infinity stones is more than just their description. While certain actions will annihilate, others will create. Its fantasy, so I went with that explanation.

7.5/10

She had latent powers before the explosion. I say this because they retconned Scarlet Witch to say she had powers before Strucker messed with her. The Mind Stone brought out and amplified her powers. I am assuming the Space Stone did the same to Carol Danvers and unlocked her powers. The Kree blood and shit had nothing to do with it.

• 1Like