Captain Marvel (2019)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Fedor

<Banned>
WpHzFz7.jpg

• 7Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
Why wasn't she in Infinity War, or any of the other Marvel movies? Seems weird that someone so strong would just wait on the sidelines.

The only answer I can find is:

"But now we have an explanation. Though they teased her arrival in a post-credit scene, directors and brothers Anthony and Joe Russo have stated that they’re saving her for later ."

Saving her for later isn't really an explanation...

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
TSA Agent asks spiderman for his phone number. Gets called later, hooks up, civilization doesn't end. Can't explain that.

• 1Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Why wasn't she in Infinity War, or any of the other Marvel movies? Seems weird that someone so strong would just wait on the sidelines.

"But now we have an explanation. Though they teased her arrival in a post-credit scene, directors and brothers Anthony and Joe Russo have stated that they’re saving her for later ."

Maybe busy saving another planet. Or Nick Fury felt the Avengers could stop the threat without her. There's a bunch of reasons or excuses I'm sure they could come up with. I mean, even Thor didn't show up til the end, either, and he was the only actually capable of stopping him - just arbitrarily delayed by the need for a weapon constructed by the same machine that created the glove. Though it definitely proved the "strongest Avenger" question.

Iono...I don't have any expectations for this movie. It might be average. It might be fun. Or it might be a social commentary bullshit try hard garbage machine like Black Panther was. Brie Larson I didn't give a fuck about, but it appears she's becoming a toxic feminist and that does put me off a little, however, Mark Ruffalo is a libby communist fucking faggot, but it hasn't stopped me from enjoying his character or acting. I also liked the Black Panther actor, and character, even if his movie was trash.

• 1Like

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>

Because the truth is while Marvel movies are well put together and competently made, the story lines and individual plots for the movies are horrible for the most part.

It makes no logical sense. Someone who is powerful enough to turn the tide against an infinity gauntlet powered Thanos and its someone weve never seen, or even heard of before in the entire MCU? Shitty writing.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Because the truth is while Marvel movies are well put together and competently made, the story lines and individual plots for the movies are horrible for the most part.

It makes no logical sense. Someone who is powerful enough to turn the tide against an infinity gauntlet powered Thanos and its someone weve never seen, or even heard of before in the entire MCU? Shitty writing.

Unless they combine her character with The Sentry or something. Then her being the most powerful and unknown would actually make sense and be consistent with the comics.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Another plausible explanation is that the Universe is a pretty large place? What if Thanos was not the only end game that existed? Maybe she is fighting the battle but there was a part of it that took her attention away from the direct confrontation. Watching Thor 2 with the Dark Elves made me wonder why the Avengers were not helping with that fight. That was an existence ending event that apparently did not warrant any other super hero to help with. The fight on Earth was pretty fast but it would have been nice if at the end Iron Man showed up as a back-up if they had needed it. Anything can be made up to explain the situation and I presume the story will explain it out.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
I said it in another thread, but I'm guessing something happens between her and Fury at the end of the movie. She says fuck off to earth and leaves with a 'don't contact me unless you're all out of options' kind of deal. I wouldn't be surprised if a punch from her is what blinds his eye, though we saw that in Netflix Punished.

If Rian Johnson was directing Avengers 4, it would start with her seeing her pager going off, then she fades into dust as well.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I said it in another thread, but I'm guessing something happens between her and Fury at the end of the movie. She says fuck off to earth and leaves with a 'don't contact me unless you're all out of options' kind of deal. I wouldn't be surprised if a punch from her is what blinds his eye, though we saw that in Netflix Punished.

If Rian Johnson was directing Avengers 4, it would start with her seeing her pager going off, then she fades into dust as well.

haha that would be so awesome. captain marvel starts with her getting dusted, then fantastic four step up to the plate with doom leading them.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord

They pulled a literal deus ex machina? Nice.

Juvarisx

Florida
Just go for the movie, all actors as full of shit, she is no different .

STOP OBJECTIFYING ME! BTW Here is me in a swimsuit
nintchdbpict000254607694.jpg

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Cybsled

Captain Marvel couldn't save the day because she accidentally fell into the MCU TV universe, a dark realm that the movie universe doesn't even acknowledge.

hory

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Watching Thor 2 with the Dark Elves made me wonder why the Avengers were not helping with that fight

Because its a business and cash grab. I had the same question as you but always go back to it's a business and our immersion is number 5-6 on the list.