Captain Marvel (2019)

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I'm pretty apathetic about this movie, so here's hoping it turns out to be a pleasant surprise. On the other hand, it's not a big deal if it turns out to be shit.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
This movie certainly has potential. Here's hoping the FUTURE IS FEMALE, FUCKERS!!! nonsense is just the media gonna media. I'm only holding partial hope though, I've heard Feige say some things that make me think post Avengers 4 MCU is going to start going into the toilet; seems like this might be the first step. If I can get through this and enjoy it at least at MCU's baseline enjoyment factor thus far, and then A4 is as good or better than Infinity War, then I can close the chapter on the MCU and be happy for life.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Fadaar

That guy
opw-15891_r.jpg

captain-marvel-carol.jpg

captain-marvel-3.jpg

So all she does is look slightly to the right of the camera while clenching her fists?

Last edited:
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Caliane

I don't this wedge of comics - is this group like Marvel's Lanterns?
nah. Kree were space Nazi's. but friendly ones!

The Nova Corp, from Gaurdians of the Galaxy, are Marvel Lanterns. The movies did remove their powers and just made them space cops in space ships though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Qhue

Trump's Staff
starforce-embed_2018.jpg

You can be forgiven for not knowing who the fuck they are... they were a 90s thing and imminently forgettable.

• 1Like

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Is it problematic that they are using non white (Black/Asian/Scottish) actors in makeup to make people look alien?

Only if we had a sub-species of human with blue pigmentation. Then yes, blue-face would be "problematic."

But only if blue people were near the bottom of the progressive stack. This shit gets complicated fast.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Sharinel

Golden Squire
I think you'll find it's the Scottish people that are blue, on account of us never seeing the sun year-round. Takes us two weeks tanning on a beach to go white

• 1Solidarity

Raes

Vyemm Raider

Ugh. Brie is cute and all, but I've seen more curves on an action figure...of a man.

Also, I hear this movie isn't going to be an origin story, which IMO is a bit of a mistake. It's not like CM is known at all outside the comics, what are they going to do? Give us a 5 minute exposition scene to explain who the fuck she is, and who the Kree are and how she got her powers and what they are, etc etc?

• 1EyeRoll

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Have they been able to hired Margot Robbie to be her ass double yet? Or just superimpose her as from Suicide Squad.

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Ugh. Brie is cute and all, but I've seen more curves on an action figure...of a man.

Also, I hear this movie isn't going to be an origin story, which IMO is a bit of a mistake. It's not like CM is known at all outside the comics, what are they going to do? Give us a 5 minute exposition scene to explain who the fuck she is, and who the Kree are and how she got her powers and what they are, etc etc?

Id be fine with a 15-20 minute origin montage on all superhero movies.