Captain Marvel (2019)

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
What kind of irritates me about the article is this line..

"Excited? The Golden Globe winner managed to beat out Emily Blunt, Natalie Dormer, Katee Sackhoff, Katheryn Winnick, and Rebecca Ferguson for the role of Captain Marvel "

We could have had Emily Blunt or Rebecca Ferguson playing the role. Katee Sackhoff would have been kind of interesting. That said, when it actually comes to the looks of the part, I think Katheryn Ferguson and Natalie Dormer would have them all beat. They...chose Brie. Sigh.
Still bummed it's not Blunt. The more Larson talks about this movie the more I don't want to see it.

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
Still bummed it's not Blunt. The more Larson talks about this movie the more I don't want to see it.

I'm bummed that Blunt wasn't Black Widow.

I'm bummed that Blunt wasn't Lara Croft.

At least we didn't get Will Smith's son as a transgender world bender. In that light, Brie is a palatable choice.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i dont think ive ever seen a brie larsen movie, is she an insufferable bitch in her other roles? the people who screened this film all loved Goose and had nothing to say about the megabitch herself. maybe you can focus on everything else without letting this turdburglar ruin it.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
What kind of irritates me about the article is this line..

"Excited? The Golden Globe winner managed to beat out Emily Blunt, Natalie Dormer, Katee Sackhoff, Katheryn Winnick, and Rebecca Ferguson for the role of Captain Marvel "

We could have had Emily Blunt or Rebecca Ferguson playing the role. Katee Sackhoff would have been kind of interesting. That said, when it actually comes to the looks of the part, I think Katheryn Ferguson and Natalie Dormer would have them all beat. They...chose Brie. Sigh.

Ferguson or Blunt would have been amazing in the role.

• 1Solidarity

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Instead of watching this trash I have decided to watch Edge of Tomorrow for the billionth time. Thanks bros.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
i dont think ive ever seen a brie larsen movie, is she an insufferable bitch in her other roles? the people who screened this film all loved Goose and had nothing to say about the megabitch herself. maybe you can focus on everything else without letting this turdburglar ruin it.
Only thing iveseen her in was the recent king Kong movie. She was forgettable and i believe she was only casted because she looked good in a tight tank top.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member

I only knew her from Scott Pilgrim and 21 Jump Street.

tarb

Trakanon Raider
I thought I heard two reasons why they couldn't get Emily Blunt for CM, she had scheduling conflicts and she wanted to make A quiet Place with her husband, if either are true at least Marvel attempted to get her. I agree with what someone else said, the more i hear from Larson the less I want to see it, at this point I'm paying to see the post credit scene and Sam Jackson with Coulson again lol.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Nah. She played Scott Pilgrim's ex. The one that became a famous singer.
hmm, got a screenshot? cuz now i'm thinking the ginger chick in his band.

oh NM got it.
she plays cunty bitches well. now i gotta see scott pilgrim again. love that movie. i really loved Mary Elizabeth Winstead back then.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Unfortunately, they probably won't, because they are probably seeing another Black Panther in the making. It won't happen that way, because unless it is Titanic women usually don't see movies over and over like Wakandans did with Black Panther, but they might be thinking along those lines.

I'm purposely not watching as much of her opening her yap as I can, because I don't want to get too annoyed before I see it. My prediction is that it will have a bit of "gurl power" in it, along the lines of the "colonizers" and barking at white people in BP, but outside of that it won't be too terribly virtue-signalling. People like us will have plenty to complain about, but the average person won't notice too much. I think anyway. I hope, actually, because I can deal with a little bit of wokeness if the rest of the movie is at least good.

I honestly think it won't even get too bad in the coming years, because guys like Feige have to know that BP was a lucky cultural phenomenon, and that in no way will translate over to their other properties if they get heavy-handed with it. I mean, Disney is obviously capable of stupid shit (a la The Last Jedi) and stepping on their own dick, but I think the people guiding the Marvel helm know what got them to this point. I hope, at least.
The movie will be entirely about "gurl power" skinned as a hero movie.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
There's something distinctly unmemorable about Larson.

I literally can't recognize that's her in 21 Jump Street.
Despite conscious effort, I can still barely remember that it was her as Abed's adorkable love interest in Community (terrible cam of introduction: ).
By far, she got the biggest "Wait, she looks like that?!" from me out of The Fappening.

And that is the actor that is apparently the underpinning of the MCU going forward. I'm assuming Infinity War is the "Golden Age Before the Collapse" until proven otherwise.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
There's something distinctly unmemorable about Larson.

I literally can't recognize that's her in 21 Jump Street.
Despite conscious effort, I can still barely remember that it was her as Abed's adorkable love interest in Community (terrible cam of introduction: ).
By far, she got the biggest "Wait, she looks like that?!" from me out of The Fappening.

And that is the actor that is apparently the underpinning of the MCU going forward. I'm assuming Infinity War is the "Golden Age Before the Collapse" until proven otherwise.
she signed a 7 or 8 movie deal with Disney. get used to her face, because she's gonna be around for the next 7-10 years.

• 1Barf

Sterling

El Presidente
It'll be great. When a decent portion of the Marvel fanbase ends up not going to see the movie they can have the Ghostbusters 2016 narrative to fall back on.

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
I can't decide if Brie Larson is hot or not.

Her body is alright but her face scares me.