Captain Marvel (2019)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
British faces are slightly worse than American faces.

Both are absolutely terrible for people with no taste.
2tqnxc.jpg

• 10Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 11 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
This is apparently aiming at a $100 million dollar opening. About on par with Wonder Woman. However, I think it could be higher. Brie Larson haters aside, this is still a lead up to what could be the biggest movie ever in Endgame.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
  • 1Worf
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 users

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i dont think ive ever seen a brie larsen movie, is she an insufferable bitch in her other roles? the people who screened this film all loved Goose and had nothing to say about the megabitch herself. maybe you can focus on everything else without letting this turdburglar ruin it.
Room is a fantastic movie, mostly due the kid's performance.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I wonder if this movie gets "accidently" leaked online before release and then they can blame their lower than expected numbers on it.

• 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I wonder if this movie gets "accidently" leaked online before release and then they can blame their lower than expected numbers on it.

I mean as much as we on this board bitch about Brie. There aren't enough people stewing over it that won't see the movie. Hell I have tickets for opening night. It's still Marvel and they really haven't gave me a reason yet to not see a movie of theirs in the theater.

Edit: And the tracking is probably skewed down because it's been a shitty movie year so far.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
  • 1Like
  • 1WTF
  • 1Barf

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
I mean as much as we on this board bitch about Brie. There aren't enough people stewing over it that won't see the movie. Hell I have tickets for opening night. It's still Marvel and they really haven't gave me a reason yet to not see a movie of theirs in the theater.

Edit: And the tracking is probably skewed down because it's been a shitty movie year so far.

Oh, I think it will be a commercial success. I don't think anyone believes otherwise. I think it will be an decent movie too. I'm sure the critics will say it's better than sex, and more historic than the moon landing--but in reality I suspect it will be about as good as most Marvel solid "B" opening films, like the First Avenger, or Ant Man. Just short of Iron Man and Guardians, but good movies.The issue with people like Brie though is she's deep enough in the cult to proselytize, and once you have enough of those types in an organization--shit tends to go down hill quickly. Most humans will not project their beliefs to people they aren't sure they are synched with ideologically (So they may stand up and scream out prayers in church, but they wouldn't push that shit on others unless there was an opening that made them feel comfortable). But the small number of people who will? They can have a huge effect on people, because they alter the heuristics of those around them.

This is why people think like those around them--our brains are still set up to live in small, tribal communities. So you generally project the values of those around you into your assumptions about the world. If you have people like Brie pissing in your ear 24/7, it can dramatically change those views. (Only10-20% of people with strong beliefs can lead 80% to change their opinions in a group.) Because our perception of what the group wants is not based on what the group actually wants, but by evidence we can gather--which is dominated by those willing to shove their beliefs down your throat. This is why I constantly harp on why its important people not try to IOOTI this shit and avoid talking about it--if you don't express how much it pisses you off, people will assume everyone thinks like these jerk offs.

But any-case, what I'm worried about is that after this and Black Panther, you're going to have more people swirling around pushing the cult's views--and the movies are going to start changing due to it. But it won't happen until after Endgame at least, so at least we'll finish up this epic run on a high note. Hopefully I'm wrong, but...well, look at star wars. If you're seeing members of the cult proudly proclaiming using their positions to affect the story for their ideology, you can almost count on dog shit being produced soon enough.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I just don't get how people eat this shit up. She's shitting all over fans yet people here happily buy tickets way in advance.

Have some self respect.

• 3Like

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
She will always be the Au Pair that fucked Rafi with no condom to me.

Real Classy.

• 4Like
  • 3Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
I just don't get how people eat this shit up. She's shitting all over fans yet people here happily buy tickets way in advance.

Have some self respect.
It's the penultimate episode for this era/arc/whatever of the MCU. People have already put 20 films worth of time into this, they're going to see the culmination, and they won't want to miss out on the chapter just before the finale. Her dumbass comments aren't in a vacuum.

Now, after Endgame? If that's the direction of the MCU takes their films, then I imagine you'll see a bigger effect.

• 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
It's the penultimate episode for this era/arc/whatever of the MCU. People have already put 20 films worth of time into this, they're going to see the culmination, and they won't want to miss out on the chapter just before the finale. Her dumbass comments aren't in a vacuum.

Now, after Endgame? If that's the direction of the MCU takes their films, then I imagine you'll see a bigger effect.
I haven't seen Ant Man 2(not sure why, honestly) nor Black Panther(I'm white, I'm not allowed) and I haven't felt like I missed anything important for Thanos 1. I doubt Marvel will fuck up and make this movie required viewing for Thanos 2.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
I haven't seen Ant Man 2(not sure why, honestly) nor Black Panther(I'm white, I'm not allowed) and I haven't felt like I missed anything important for Thanos 1. I doubt Marvel will fuck up and make this movie required viewing for Thanos 2.
You do you. I'll watch it though, unless the reviews say it's dogshit. In which case I'll read the wiki.

• 2Like
  • 1Picard