Captain Marvel (2019)

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Tom Cruise is still a fucking nut job but I'll damn sure go keep seeing every MI he puts out. Same with Marvel despite anything Brie Larson does if I think it's batshit crazy or not.

I do think it's weird to intro this character this close to Endgame, so might affect some of the numbers (I also think the next Spider man being so close on the heels of Endgame is not the best idea, too)

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Cruise is crazy(which has disapeared in the past decade, guy just makes good movies nowadays) but he isnt shitting on his core fans. Brie is directly shitting on her core fans, white men.
Scarlet Johansson as a redhead and spitroasting.
And youre sitting there watching some dude get his dick sucked. Or youre getting his sloppy seconds. Full blown gay.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Fadaar

That guy
Cruise is crazy(which has disapeared in the past decade, guy just makes good movies nowadays) but he isnt shitting on his core fans. Brie is directly shitting on her core fans, white men.

And youre sitting there watching some dude get his dick sucked. Or youre getting his sloppy seconds. Full blown gay.

You're gonna have to spill the beans on whatever bad experience you had in the military at some point. Show me on the doll where the balls touched.

• 5Worf
  • 4Like
Reactions: 8 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
not to mention it's most likely a strait up lie, if she was putting up those numbers her ass wouldn't look like that.

Well the 4 hours every day in the gym is obviously a lie. No personal trainer would ever do something that counter productive.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Well the 4 hours every day in the gym is obviously a lie. No personal trainer would ever do something that counter productive.

4 hours seems about right considering that some others have done more than that to get in shape for roles. I mean she's no Rock, but he does 8 hour gym days daily. Jackman was doing 4 hour gym days for Wolverine. Now mind you, she doesn't have to get those types of bodies though. I bet she does 4 hour days but maybe 2.5 of that is actual working out and the rest is a bit of down time. Considering she probably had no muscle tone at all before taking the role, she probably did have to put in some work.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
4 hours seems about right considering that some others have done more than that to get in shape for roles. I mean she's no Rock, but he does 8 hour gym days daily. Jackman was doing 4 hour gym days for Wolverine. Now mind you, she doesn't have to get those types of bodies though. I bet she does 4 hour days but maybe 2.5 of that is actual working out and the rest is a bit of down time. Considering she probably had no muscle tone at all before taking the role, she probably did have to put in some work.
Steroids make a difference. Which maybe she was using, but if so, doesn't seem like it was worth the trouble, given the lack of results. Even 2.5 hours of daily weightlifting would be retardedly counter productive for a novice.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Steroids make a difference. Which maybe she was using, but if so, doesn't seem like it was worth the trouble, given the lack of results. Even 2.5 hours of daily weightlifting would be retardedly counter productive for a novice.

I mean its not just straight weightlifting though. Remember she's not there to get bulk. She's there to get in her muscle tone, cardio, and shit for any of the stunts or other stuff she has to do.

I am in no way defending Brie here. You just have to remember that all actors that get these types of roles have to do this shit. Mainly because most likely she was not working out much, if at all really, for her roles before this. So these people have to get gains in a shorter time than a normal person working out to get fit would. Hell I remember JLaw talking about how brutal her Hunger Games shit was because she never worked out before that role. She wasn't even buff looking at all for that role, but she had to get in physical enough shape to do the stunt work and skills he had to use during filming.

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
I dont see where 4 hours a day in a gym for months went;

brie-larson-works-up-a-sweat-at-the-gym-in-la-january-2019-8.jpg

brie-larson-works-up-a-sweat-at-the-gym-in-la-january-2019-7.jpg

Compare that to Gerard Butler who put in similar effort when doing 300;

gerard-butler-abs-300-workout.jpg

Gerard ended up being sculpted into a god while Brie still looks like an average woman.

• 1Worf

Harshaw

Throbbing Member

Gerard ended up being sculpted into a god while Brie still looks like an average woman.

Dude. She's getting paid to work out as part of her contract. She doesn't have to get a Spartan body. Also it was way more than just 4 hours in the Gym for Gerard. Look up the Spartan diet and shit he had to do. That was brutal. Also they still had to airbrush abs on him lol.

• 1Like

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande

brie-larson-works-up-a-sweat-at-the-gym-in-la-january-2019-7.jpg

Yeah sorry, not that I need muscle tone on my woman, but no fucking way she's putting in 4 hrs at the gym a day. I had a girlfriend for a while that would train with me at the gym, and even working out twice a week for 1.5hrs after two months she had more muscle tone than Brie.

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
Dude. She's getting paid to work out as part of her contract. She doesn't have to get a Spartan body. Also it was way more than just 4 hours in the Gym for Gerard. Look up the Spartan diet and shit he had to do. That was brutal. Also they still had to airbrush abs on him lol.
Well of course shes not going to look anything like a Spartan, shes a woman. Point is that even after months of 4 hours a day at the gym she looks like an average woman of her age and weight/height. It does not look like shes spent months rigorously training and putting men to shame in the gym which circles back to the whole "you should change your gender norms" comment after doing a lift all the more bullshit.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Bench pressing with Linda Hamilton
”All last summer I couldn’t wait to take my clothes off,” says Hamilton of her new musculature: bulging biceps and delineated shoulders, a washboard stomach and marathoner’s legs. ”I’d pull my little crop top up — I had a running bra on — for anyone who wanted to see. It’s just wonderful when you fall in love with your body. Arnold was low-key at first, but then when he saw how strong I was, he was thrilled.” He even let her loose in the gym he sets up on locations and taught her how to pose with her best bicep forward.

Hamilton, 34, was a recent mother (her son, Dalton Abbott, is now 20 months old) with a few pounds of baby fat left when personal trainer Anthony Cortes began working with her last summer, 13 weeks before T2 shooting started. They trained for three hours a day, six days a week, usually in the garage of the actress’ Santa Monica home. Hamilton also shed 12 pounds on a nonfat diet that revolved around cereal with skim milk, chicken, and dry salads. The regimen continued throughout the grueling six-month shoot. Her drills included aerobic exercise (running, biking, swimming, or stair-climbing) followed by free weights interspersed with mini-trampoline work — and, for dessert, walking lunges or an abdominal series.

On top of all that, Hamilton says, an Israeli commando, Uzi Gal, primed her for action scenes with ”judo and heavy-duty military training. I learned to load clips, change mags, check out a room upon entry, verify kills. It was very vicious stuff. And it was sheer hell.” She went through the training ”because Sarah would have,” but she did set limits. ”He would have liked to have had me swimming in the ocean at dawn with a 50-pound pack,” she says. ”But I have a son who needed me too.”

ed79fd1ba9ffa1789c9780d4a51506be.jpg

sarah-conner.jpg

this was the result of 3 hours training 6 days a week.
Brie Larson is pants on fire.

• 12Like
Reactions: 11 users

Sterling

El Presidente
I mean people develop from working out at different rates and all that, and who knows how actually intense it is or what her diet is and all that shit. But even if it's all true she's still an insufferable twat.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Jive Turkey

Karen
I do think it's weird to intro this character this close to Endgame

This is the main problem. They've taken 10 years to build up all these characters. Thor, Iron Man, etc have earned their spot in the finale. Now they're going to have someone who they didn't even bother teasing until the after credits of the last movie come along and take the glory? One of the reasons Thanos works so well as the main villain is that he's been teased and slowly built up over several films. If they wanted to do that with Captain Marvel, they should've thought about that 7 years ago

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Ant Man is relatively new and his Quantum Mcguffin device is going to be one of the keys to this whole thing, hell, Tyrion Lannister introduced an Uber l00t axe that probably almost killed Thanos in the last 20 minutes of IW. there are all kinds of last minute hijinks happening with this if you really stop to think about it.

Sterling

El Presidente
Ant Man is relatively new and his Quantum Mcguffin device is going to be one of the keys to this whole thing, hell, Tyrion Lannister introduced an Uber l00t axe that probably almost killed Thanos in the last 20 minutes of IW. there are all kinds of last minute hijinks happening with this if you really stop to think about it.
Ant Man is relatively new, but he's had 2 solo movies and a part in more. This is literally in between a 2 part Avengers sequence so it's not really the same thing.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Ant Man is relatively new, but he's had 2 solo movies and a part in more. This is literally in between a 2 part Avengers sequence so it's not really the same thing.
i was talking about his relation to the Avengers. the first film he was barely on their radar and he was only a thing during Civil War. him and spidey are still the "new guys" IMO.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
This is the main problem. They've taken 10 years to build up all these characters. Thor, Iron Man, etc have earned their spot in the finale. Now they're going to have someone who they didn't even bother teasing until the after credits of the last movie come along and take the glory? One of the reasons Thanos works so well as the main villain is that he's been teased and slowly built up over several films. If they wanted to do that with Captain Marvel, they should've thought about that 7 years ago

7 Years ago they weren't willing to roll the dice on a female led superhero movie. We would have had a Black Widow movie by now if that were the case. I mean I am sure most would consider ScarJo a bigger actress/draw then Brie Larson. However, Captain Marvel is just a bigger character than Widow and can fill the shoes that Captain America is gonna leave when he is gone.