Captain Marvel (2019)

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>

Oh my god. OH MY GOD. She FUCKING SUCKS.

I love how she says this about fucking A Wrinkle in Time... Like top ten worst movies made this decade.

I mean, she looks so fucking stupid, and sounds fucking racist, by talking about nothing but race. I fucking hate these liberal cucks that say shit about hating white men. How the fuck is that not horribly racist?

• 3Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 3 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Oh my god. OH MY GOD. She FUCKING SUCKS.

I love how she says this about fucking A Wrinkle in Time... Like top ten worst movies made this decade.

I mean, she looks so fucking stupid, and sounds fucking racist, by talking about nothing but race. I fucking hate these liberal cucks that say shit about hating white men. How the fuck is that not horribly racist?
if she were ugly she'd be a lesbo or a trans, thats what these white ppl who talk about race so much, they so want to be marginalized. I think of them as basically girls with daddy issues, "spank me father, spank me".

she's just begging for someone to be mean to her, but since she was blessed with good DNA and knows how to suck a dick, shes able to cruise on by.

• 4Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 4 users

Onigen

Golden Knight of the Realm
Has no-one really taken this over-privileged white girl aside and told her "Hey btw if it wasn't for the hordes of white males reading comics since the fifties and flocking to see every origin story since Iron Man and the swarms of mainly male chinese viewers making Avengers the money-makers they are, you wouldn't have this soapbox to spout your inane sexist bullshit on?"

• 11Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 11 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Has no-one really taken this over-privileged white girl aside and told her "Hey btw if it wasn't for the hordes of white males reading comics since the fifties and flocking to see every origin story since Iron Man and the swarms of mainly male chinese viewers making Avengers the money-makers they are, you wouldn't have this soapbox to spout your inane sexist bullshit on?"
I think there needs to be at least a few more financial disasters before the executives to start squashing this virtue-signalling bullshit.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 4 users

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Unfortunately, I bet Squirrel Girl will be one of those casualties.

• 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
RT ratings put it at 7.17 which is between the Ant-man movies and Dr Strange. Noticeably less than Black Panther's 8.26 at the very least and they tend to drop a bit as the reviews fill out.

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Xarpolis, Haus, and Puniehop confirmed gender traitors who must carry a Brianna Wu in Captain Marvel uniform avatar for the next three months.

Make it happen @Amod.

brianna marvel.jpg

It's ready~

Do it Amod, DO IT!

• 17Worf
  • 6Like
  • 3Barf
Reactions: 26 users

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
I'll have you know that I willingly had a Wu Trans Clan avatar at one point!
I remember :p Hard not to plaster that sex-kitten's visage all over the place. I want a Brianna Wu poster for my bedroom but for some gosh-darned reason Spencers at the mall doesn't have it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
On topic though:

This is what I feared. Idk this reviewer guy from Adam but I believe him that while he acknowledges the culture war shitstorm surrounding this movie, he wants or has no part of it and is just reviewing the movie for the movie's sake and, well... verdict? He thinks it's kinda a dud and that the movie has a feminist agenda. Yet you still have people in this thread and on this forum that think it's just a bunch of incels / toxic white males who are overreacting to SJW shit? Wake up ya goobers; a lot of this crap is more connected than you realize. GG/SJW shit isn't just some fringe conspiracy theory stuff people like Chuk and Lithose are bringing up here... it's a slow leak like air in a tire into the mainstream collective consciousness. Remember all of this years down the line...

/Soapbox Off

So Sevens review guy may not have any part of the culture war stuff but he's still a white male on YouTube! Clearly, the MSM won't be reviewing the film this bluntly. So I was curious how a more MSM blue site would review it:

Time Magazine said:
Weeks before its release, Larson’s portrayal of Captain Marvel was attacked by trolls on Rotten Tomatoes who hadn’t even seen the movie. (Their dumb-ass vitriol prompted Rotten Tomatoes to remove, for the first time, the option for users to rate a movie before they’ve even seen it—which doesn’t answer the question of why anyone should ever be allowed to rate a movie he hasn’t seen, but whatever.)

Okay good, so they're calling people like me trolls... that's left enough for me; What was their consensus on the movie itself though?

Time Magazine said:
But by the time I got to the end of Captain Marvel—after watching Larson bash her way through phalanxes of wrinkled green aliens with her glowing fists, offer bathroom-mirror Post It-note words of encouragement to a little girl who beams at her adoringly, and hover in the air like Stan Lee’s version of the Blessed Virgin shimmering in the grotto before the future Saint Bernadette—I wasn’t thinking, Wow! Instead, I heard the voice of my own inner superhero, Peggy Lee, whispering in my ear: Is that all there is? The most heinous supervillain of all is Boredom.

Ouch.

Chuk and Rogosh already mentioned two damning soundbites from the review vid so no need to rehash that but I like how he also mentions that we were spoonfed the notion that Captain Marvel was the most powerful superhero in the MCU and yet there was nothing demonstrable in the actual MOVIE to show that, unlike Thor taking a dying star's energy right to the chest. I.E. show us something amazing to make us believe it, and if this films lacks that, then what's the fucking point?

So yeah, culture war crap aside, dammit... I wanted it to be good, I did~ Based on Sevens review, the Time review I linked, the huge spoiler I read earlier, and this entire thread basically (LoL), I'm sold: Not seeing this in theatres. My money will go to Disney via End Game, not this film.

• 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Vanessa I don't care what anyone around here says, you seem like a pretty cool dude

• 16Worf
  • 4Like
Reactions: 19 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
I'm already going to way less movies at release, after the Hobbit movies and the Star Wars disasters I'm at a point where if the movie even seems questionable I'll just wait a few weeks and see what the consensus is. Saw Black Panther a couple weeks in, didn't change my enjoyment of the movie at all. Liked it well enough in the theater but am bored to tears any time I try to watch it on Netflix.

Seems like they're begging me to stay and wait on this one.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users