Captain Marvel (2019)

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
If anyone wonders if a female super hero movie can come out without this crazy drama? Yes. You just need a woman with enough of a spine to reject the cult. Check out as this cult member (The flash), attempts to indoctrinate a woman who is actually strong and she rejects the cult.

Results? Men loved her movie. This is not about women. Its about rejecting a cult. And that's exactly what a lot of this is--a cult. Again, this is despite OVERT symbolism of "female power" in Wonder Woman, including men "lifting" Wonder Woman up multiple times to rise well above them upon structures of old institutional power (When the men helped wonder woman jump up into the bell tower of the Church), or when she walks into "no man's land". In an SJW movie, some idiotic cult member would not have been able to resist the awkward, ham fisted moment where he got to do an exchange like "That's no man's land, no man can go out there"--->"I'm no man!" (Proceeds to defeat all the Germans with no help). But in Wonder Woman, they still have the symbolism there (She goes into no-man's land)--buts they don't need to explain it, because they aren't making the movie to preach their ideology.

That's the difference between a cult producing propaganda, and someone telling a story with themes that empower women. They are not the same thing.

What the fuck is going on with his eyebrows?

EDIT: I just caught up to this thread. And I fail because BP beat me to it. (Big Penis? Black Penis?)

Last edited:

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
What kind of fucking faggot says shit like "your hetero-patriarchy of this world is over". God these people are fucking mentally ill.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_01

<Banned>
Linda Hamilton ruined herself for that movie. after T2, her career went nowhere because she still had that same physique and there arent many roles for that type of women. even now, actresses arent willing to go full Hamilton for a role. sure you might get a chick to pack on 20 pounds or shave her head for a role, but once you get toned out, then take whatever secret sauce Ahnuld was taking like Hamilton surely did, your body will never be the same. this Larson liar along with larping about a TSA agent, she also spun a whopper about working out 4 hours a day for nine months and lifting weight that gymbros could.only imagine lifting. meanwhile she has no definition. just a slightly doughy white girl frame.

That's really too bad. You can have good muscles on women without steroids and not have it be any harder than the training to get network-TV levels of bodyfat percentage. Maybe I shouldn't have said 'at least as scary as Linda Hamilton.' She looked like a human who could fight Terminators, and I think her physicality is part of why that movie holds up so well.

Linda Hamilton fearsome probably isn't required for most superhero or action movies, but I still expect something other than skinny-fat white girl or model thin with tits and ass. You have to look passably strong.

Brie Larson looks like the female roommates I had in college who were communications majors and liked to talk about Sex and the City.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
That's really too bad. You can have good muscles on women without steroids and not have it be any harder than the training to get network-TV levels of bodyfat percentage. Maybe I shouldn't have said 'at least as scary as Linda Hamilton.' She looked like a human who could fight Terminators, and I think her physicality is part of why that movie holds up so well.

Linda Hamilton fearsome probably isn't required for most superhero or action movies, but I still expect something other than skinny-fat white girl or model thin with tits and ass. You have to look passably strong.

Brie Larson looks like the female roommates I had in college who were communications majors and liked to talk about Sex and the City.
its why i said they should have gone with a black girl for this role. i dont care if i sound like a massive racist, but its simply a fact that black girls are more naturally defined and tone than white girls. it would be easier to believe some black chick was wrecking fools than this stupid girl who has to rely on not smiling and wearing a bulgy jumpsuit to make her look tougher.

obligatory.
giphy.gif

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

a_skeleton_01

<Banned>
its why i said they should have gone with a black girl for this role. i dont care if i sound like a massive racist, but its simply a fact that black girls are more naturally defined and tone than white girls. it would be easier to believe some black chick was wrecking fools than this stupid girl who has to rely on not smiling and wearing a bulgy jumpsuit to make her look tougher.

obligatory.
giphy.gif

Maybe the lady that played Domino in Deadpool 2 could have pulled it off. I have no idea what the tone of Captain Marvel is supposed to be.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Maybe the lady that played Domino in Deadpool 2 could have pulled it off. I have no idea what the tone of Captain Marvel is supposed to be.
Isnt it supposed to be about a girl who is suffused somehow with Kree tech and despite sexism and the patriarchy realizes her full potential as the Most Powerful Character In The MCU?

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Sterling

El Presidente
Linda Hamilton ruined herself for that movie. after T2, her career went nowhere because she still had that same physique and there arent many roles for that type of women. even now, actresses arent willing to go full Hamilton for a role. sure you might get a chick to pack on 20 pounds or shave her head for a role, but once you get toned out, then take whatever secret sauce Ahnuld was taking like Hamilton surely did, your body will never be the same. this Larson liar along with larping about a TSA agent, she also spun a whopper about working out 4 hours a day for nine months and lifting weight that gymbros could.only imagine lifting. meanwhile she has no definition. just a slightly doughy white girl frame.
I think moving in with Cameron and having kids and shit had more to do with her hiatus from movies than her getting fit. Being with Cameron you don't think she could have gotten roles?

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
John Carter was terrible, but the main actress, Lynn Collins, definitely put in the work like Emily Blunt did in Edge of Tomorrow.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I think moving in with Cameron and having kids and shit had more to do with her hiatus from movies than her getting fit. Being with Cameron you don't think she could have gotten roles?
No, how many T2 hard as fucking nails chick roles can you count in the 90s? they didnt even bring her back for T3.