Captain Marvel (2019)

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Two things:

When you spend the whole year saying movie critics are pompous assholes that are not to be trusted and then drink their words like ambrosia when they don't like a movie you hope will tank, it's a bit dumb.

I am going to the gym weekly as part of the training regimen for my sport, so let me tell you what makes you better at doing pull-ups: doing pull-ups (also: losing weight, but if you are fit beforehand, going to the gym is more likely to make you gain more muscle weight than lose fat weight). If you train someone 5 days a week to be and look athletic, chances are you only put pull-ups on the schedule from time to time as a confidence boosting exercise because it is easy to see the progresses you make (most people go from 0 to something you can count on your fingers).
Pull ups are one of the best exercises for the back. Only morons do pull ups thinking they are for show only. Not doing pull ups when going to the gym for 4 hours a day is fucking retarded.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Jive Turkey

Karen

Check out this fight scene, especially where she makes the quip about how the shackles come off....Its so wooden. They really weren't kidding about her expression being frozen. Except for the scream at the end, which was comical, her face doesn't change--its like she got a botox treatment that went wrong.

When she runs, then switches direction and runs the other way, she looks like a Three Stooges bit.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
This thread has gone on for 75 pages. 75 pages of bitching and moaning about idiotic personal beliefs and political dissonance. When you could have just watched the trailer to see Brie Larson was going to be a terrible Captain Marvel and been done with it.

This. Pretty much this. I'm sure she'll be slightly better than we expected, but still not as good as Emily Blunt would have been.

• 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
This woman is an insufferable bitch of the highest order. She couldn't answer a single question without twating up her responses.
this is the face youll be seeing in 7 more marvel movies. better get used to it.

• 2Worf
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 2 users

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
Movie was good. It's no Iron Man 3, but clearly the solo movies like Black Panther and Captain Marvel are still Marvel's strength.

Wish they'd drop the bloated, pretentious team-up movies like Infinity War and explore the character more in their own lines. Too bad they put themselves into a corner with the stupid "it's all a shared universe" crap.

• 9Seriously?
  • 4Dislike
  • 3Picard
Reactions: 22 users

Vexco

Trakanon Raider
Opening night here in Australia. Packed cinema. My wife loved it. I was entertained. Wasnt a bad movie.
Mid teir marvel. Decent action. Some laughs.
Sam Jackson was the star imo. He carried the movie.
Still to think how much better it would have been with Emily Blunt as CM. Oh well.
I just could not give enough fucks about some sheilas opinions to stop me from seeing it and enjoying it.

• 3Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I think whether or not you see this movie is a good cuck test.

No other group on Earth would patronize something that employs people that openly hate them.

Just pathetic ass white people

• 6Like
  • 3Picard
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 9 users

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Movie was good. It's no Iron Man 3, but clearly the solo movies like Black Panther and Captain Marvel are still Marvel's strength.

Wish they'd drop the bloated, pretentious team-up movies like Infinity War and explore the character more in their own lines. Too bad they put themselves into a corner with the stupid "it's all a shared universe" crap.
By far the laziest troll post this year.

• 1Like
  • 1Salty

Sentagur

Low and to the left
<Silver Donator>
Opening night here in Australia. Packed cinema. My wife loved it. I was entertained. Wasnt a bad movie.
Mid teir marvel. Decent action. Some laughs.
Sam Jackson was the star imo. He carried the movie.
Still to think how much better it would have been with Emily Blunt as CM. Oh well.
I just could not give enough fucks about some sheilas opinions to stop me from seeing it and enjoying it.
I was buying this as a real post until you said "sheila". Thats a bit too much Crocodile Dundee to be real. So what gives mate? Who is your main account?

• 5Worf
  • 1Dislike
  • 1Like
Reactions: 6 users

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Main interest I have in this movie is to see if there is any tie in with Agents of SHIELD since Coulson is in this
This is probably the best time to have a Kree fighter crash on earth, and be moved to the Tahiti Project for investigation.

Which might be one of the post-credit scenes? It would fit.
his character in the next season of SHIELD is supposed to be pretty different... maybe they take the Skrull stuff into SHIELD?
Current speculation is that it's a side effect of the Un-Snap.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I was buying this as a real post until you said "sheila". Thats a bit too much Crocodile Dundee to be real. So what gives mate? Who is your main account?
Stop right there and answer this man before you put even one more shrimp on the barbie!

• 7Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
This thread has gone on for 75 pages. 75 pages of bitching and moaning about idiotic personal beliefs and political dissonance. When you could have just watched the trailer to see Brie Larson was going to be a terrible Captain Marvel and been done with it.

I'm pulling up a chair to the Lithose show now

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>

Shhh, you might upset him and we'll wind up with a rant about how fishing with dynamite is inhumane

• 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 user