Captain Marvel (2019)

Quaid

Trump's Staff
“The buffalo wings were reasonably crispy but they were a little cold. My wife enjoyed her salad even though it was light on the ranch. Food was a solid 7/10 but the decor is top notch. Despite the waitress farting at my table and telling my son and I to fuck ourselves I’m too invested at this point to stop going now. I have reservations in 6 weeks.”

• 13Worf
  • 4Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 17 users

Agraza

Registered Hutt
It was decent. The "mar-vell" thing was lame. I don't care if its the actual lore. Every time they said it Peter Griffin popped into my head.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Just watched it....I dunno, I enjoyed it. It was a bit hokey at times but overall I enjoyed myself during the whole experience. I’d give it a solid 7.8/10

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Saw it, did not hate it. It was mediocre just as a movie in my opinion.

My son loved the lore that it brought out and explained some stuff.

He needs to quit reading comics and focus on that Twitch sponsorship

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I give it a 7, same with first Cap, Dr Strange etc. nothing memorable, I spent most the movie trying to see how flat her butt was, my gf laughed some also.

• 2Like

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
I must have missed it. I came here to see if the movie was any good but I'm not wading through a bunch of shit flinging to find a scrap of real opinion.

Came here to talk about the movie, but it seems as though this turned into a politics thread. Thanks for shitting all over my fun and enjoyment assholes.

Oh noes, people are talking about the issues brought up by the people in the fucking movie and you had to scroll passed some discussion and conversation on a forum dedicated to discussion and fucking conversation.

What I am basically saying about these two is;

tenor.gif

• 4Like
  • 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Saw this today in AMC Dolby with wife, she really enjoyed I thought it was fine. It wasn't memorable or great, it wasn't boring or bad either. I'd probably rate it just solidly mediocre like Ant Man, Dr. Strange, etc. Nothing really stands out - there are no amazing action set pieces, this isn't really an emotional moment for any character, honestly the best moments involve a character that doesn't talk so that says a lot about the cast.

Jude Law is awful, I used to like him in stuff but he was just phoning it in so hard in this movie. Really bad casting choice there.

Good date nite movie, its definitely a movie made for women in the way Fast and Furious movies are made for guys.

There is a little too much "REMEMBER X GUYS? REMEMBER Y GUYS? THIS IS HOW IT ALL HAPPENED" from the MCU which is solidly annoying. No, I don't really need to know how Nick Fury started wearing a cock ring (to make up something), but they throw a lot of that in here. There is only 2-3 mins of tie ins to Infinity War and its almost all mid credits at the end. Still, if you are a marvel fan and have seen em all you might as well see this, its like a mediocre Guardians of the Galaxy spin off honestly.
Check out Jude in The Young Pope on HBO, he fucking kills it.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
her first real interaction w/ fury, the sit down at the bar, 40mins in, she's so dead, like she's reading off paper. CGI fury looks more real.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I wasn't ready for the ugly cry bomb they planted in the first 10 seconds.

Really enjoyed it, nice lull between these big Avengers finale-style movies.

Yea both of those "moments" made me choke up -
Ek-fucking-celsior!

• 1Solidarity

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
hi-jack the plane 55mins in, is she talking to a green screen, is that why her acting is so bland/blank? she has nothing to work off of?

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Here's that intro everyone's talking about. Doesn't spoil anything. Just a feels moment.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Here's that intro everyone's talking about. Doesn't spoil anything. Just a feels moment.

Hurm, it's a touching and well done way to pay honor to the man... But to be honest , and maybe this is just because of my attachment to the character of Spider Man, his cameo in Enter the SpiderVerse hit me far harder.

• 2Solidarity