Captain Marvel (2019)

amigo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Jeremy Jahn's spoiler review (addresses a number of retcons and illogical actions in the movie, uncharacteristic for Marvel up to now):

gak

<Gold Donor>
Monday and Tuesday were terrible. They were like a 75% drop off from Sunday

b.jpg

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So here’s a guy...who we can’t tell you who he is, where he works or any information about him but trust us, he’s real...anyways, he says this stuff that you can’t verify at all, in any way shape or form...but believe us, it’s true.
So basically, the Fusion GPS of Marvel movies.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
So here’s a guy...who we can’t tell you who he is, where he works or any information about him but trust us, he’s real...anyways, he says this stuff that you can’t verify at all, in any way shape or form...but believe us, it’s true.

Heh, literally anonymous sources, which major media says is an essential, unquestionable form of Journalistic investigation and if you do question it you're attacking the free press and essentially a Nazi. (lol I agree with you, btw. Just making a joke based on the bullshit standards of the past 3 years.)

• 1Picard

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Anecdotal.. but I went to a 9pm showing Wednesday night and it was empty. I think a total of 9 people in the theatre? Granted I'm in syracuse and there was an SU game so I'm sure that had some impact.

It was captain mediocre.

• 1Like

Vulg

Golden Knight of the Realm
I keep seeing anecdotes and screenshots of empty theaters. Is there some kind of suspicion that box office numbers are being fudged? Not sure I understand the point.

We can debate this thing being trash or Larson having the emotional range of a walnut as the lead character, but I'm pretty sure there's no debate that it's a massive financial success.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I was just commenting on my experience. I was expecting low turnout due to the local game, but other people seem to be having similar experiences

Ome

Molten Core Raider
I live down in San Diego. Last night I finally went to see the film at a Regal at the 10:30pm showing. There were about 10-15 other people in the theater. Last week when it released on Thurs night I was about to go watch it at the local AMC and decided to see how the seating was looking for later that evening. The last 3 showings of the night had barely been touched for reserve seating. Yeah I personally think something seems funny when it comes to how much money this is making.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I live down in San Diego. Last night I finally went to see the film at a Regal at the 10:30pm showing. There were about 10-15 other people in the theater. Last week when it released on Thurs night I was about to go watch it at the local AMC and decided to see how the seating was looking for later that evening. The last 3 showings of the night had barely been touched for reserve seating. Yeah I personally think something seems funny when it comes to how much money this is making.

When I went on opening night at the late show my theater was packed. Generally on the fancy screen and more expensive seating you are lucky to get 1/3 full for new releases in my town.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
I think there was probably a surge of the hardcore people who will see this no matter what, then basically it died out after that because no one cares to pay to see it again.

Cybsled

The other thing to consider: My local theater literally had showings every 30 minutes of the movie. Given the length of the movie, that means they had it running concurrently in like 4-5 rooms. If you have a shitload of showtimes, then each individual showing is going to have less people in it vs. having the film in only 1 or 2 rooms.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I'm still following this in the nerdsphere. Apparently all week there was a major drop off in theater attendance. I think that's normal because people work during the weekdays, but the YouTube nerds are convinced it's going to drop 70+% this weekend. I watch a lot of nerd stuff lately.

Scoresby

Trakanon Raider
I went to watch it yesterday with the wife. It is absolutely too "on the nose" with feminism. Although it wasn't a turd per se, I will be disappointed if she takes a major role in Endgame. The character just isn't likeable and I don't want to see her dominate the pinnacle of this story arc a decade in the making to meet some diversity quota.

joz123

Potato del Grande
The people on twitter and shit backing her emotionless Captain Marvel can go to hell. The movie didn't have enough action scenes to make up for her terrible acting. The movie would have been total shit if it wasn't for Sam Jackson and Jude Law.

The theater I went to had showings every 15 fucking minutes too and when I went it was less than half full.

Siliconemelons

I think you all are missing a big thing from this thread..

...Jesus I can’t relate to the lives of other men.

Yesterday I sent my wife (home with our 7 month old) a text from work reading, 'hey honey. Happy international buy pink bullshit day!'. She told me to fuck off and said she refused to go on the Internet today, then send a gif of Melania scowling. She then sent me a pic of her tits. I brought home 6 corona and after the kids went to bed, watched tucker, and banged out two highly efficient and effective orgasms and went to bed.

Marital bliss.

We spent no dollars on anti-white male Disney propaganda. I think our sons would appreciate that.

Has there been repost of post baby big tittays mentioned here?

No one cares about caption marvel, it ducked, move on

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

PunieHop

<Banned>
Just came back from watching it, and it wasn't half bad. Wasn't GREAT, certainly nowhere near as entertaining as Infinity War or the GOTG movies, but worth seeing in the theater. I was bracing myself for terrible acting but, as is often the case when you hear something hyped up to hell and back, the reality didn't live up to it (Which is to say: Brie's acting was fine).

I'm looking forward to Endgame now.

• 3Salty
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Jeremy Jahn's spoiler review (addresses a number of retcons and illogical actions in the movie, uncharacteristic for Marvel up to now):
Oh yeah, in regards to Fury and his eye. So, after seeing that cat spew tentacles out of its mouth, why the FUCK would you ever stick your face right in front of its?

The way Fury lost his eye feels the same way as discovering how Han got his last name.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cybsled

Well to be fair, he was basically scratched by an Eldrich Horror and lived.

• 1Solidarity