Car ?'s

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Well ended up with a 22 TRD OR 4x4 Tacoma with 18k miles for my old 05 tacoma + $35700 inc ttl.

Last edited:

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Pickups are roughly 2x the price of a car with a similar brand name/trim package/mileage.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
Is that good? Why are middle-America cars so expensive? Most people should not be spending their years salary on a vehicle.
Tacomas eally hold their value. Ive been following prices over the past 2+ months on autotrader and there isnt a drastic difference between new and used or private party, few thousand tops for slightly used like this is.

Pricing is indeed dumb, but not this dumb(not even the top end trim or hybrid model);

1706513198249.png

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Tacomas eally hold their value. Ive been following prices over the past 2+ months on autotrader and there isnt a drastic difference between new and used or private party, few thousand tops for slightly used like this is.

Pricing is indeed dumb, but not this dumb(not even the top end trim or hybrid model);

View attachment 511766
Wow, $65k. They used to be mid20s right? Maybe I’m just thinking two decades ago.

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
Shit did you keep your Exhaust Tip by Valor???
Probably in Mexico now. Also rip spending $60 on an pointless oil change.

Something a little funny about this experience was I didnt give them a penny to take the truck home. I told them I was gonna pay with cash and they never actually verified I had 35k to give them via wire/cashiers check. It was close to 7 by the time we got the paperwork done so they just had me sign a hilarious "backup contract" to go into effect if I dont wire them the money in the next few days.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
computer nerds upgrade a civic

now i have a 02 civic and did the same upgrades years ago... except it took me maybe 25minutes to route the backup cam wires thru the interior trim instead of over the fucking backseat and they just taped it down lulz. and 15minutes of that was youtube research

i have this same cringe feeling when i watch guitar upgrades (i don't play guitar but i'm now the guitar tech for my wife), and i see these musicians throw on globs of solder and praying to ozzy that the wires "stick" lulz

• 1Worf

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Probably in Mexico now. Also rip spending $60 on an pointless oil change.

Something a little funny about this experience was I didnt give them a penny to take the truck home. I told them I was gonna pay with cash and they never actually verified I had 35k to give them via wire/cashiers check. It was close to 7 by the time we got the paperwork done so they just had me sign a hilarious "backup contract" to go into effect if I dont wire them the money in the next few days.
Yes because they reckoned you were an employed white so the law would actually be enforced on you.

Kobayashi

Vyemm Raider

now i have a 02 civic and did the same upgrades years ago... except it took me maybe 25minutes to route the backup cam wires thru the interior trim instead of over the fucking backseat and they just taped it down lulz. and 15minutes of that was youtube research

i have this same cringe feeling when i watch guitar upgrades (i don't play guitar but i'm now the guitar tech for my wife), and i see these musicians throw on globs of solder and praying to ozzy that the wires "stick" lulz
Wow, that was embarrassing. Any self respecting car audio shop could have shown them how to do all that correctly. That gaffer's tape job they did looked like shit too. I also like how they wired the power for the camera to the 12V jack instead of the feed for the reverse lamps so they needed to add a switch to manually turn on the camera whenever they shifted into reverse.

Siliconemelons

Sad… wife had an 05 civic I think the same model generation as that, I did a new head unit and some stuff, the thing came apart nice and easy and the wire bundle was easy to access… and I am no car audio guy and I even managed to do it better than that.

edit: I don’t know how but I don’t have to mess with power, it triggered cam by going into reverse - shrug - cam got everything from the new head unit, and I even got the gps antenna up on center dash nice and near looking

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Sad… wife had an 05 civic I think the same model generation as that, I did a new head unit and some stuff, the thing came apart nice and easy and the wire bundle was easy to access… and I am no car audio guy and I even managed to do it better than that.

edit: I don’t know how but I don’t have to mess with power, it triggered cam by going into reverse - shrug - cam got everything from the new head unit, and I even got the gps antenna up on center dash nice and near looking
01-05 civics are 7th gen

• 1Like

Siliconemelons

01-05 civics are 7th gen
It was such a solid car - everything good said about Honda this silly little car was, reliable, lasts forever, and actually better interior than many low end models today. And by better, I mean simple, looks good for what it is, interior - rather than /trying/ to fake higher end material and failing and being worse.

It was my wife's car, she never drove. we sold it at like sub 20k miles in 2012 or so, for like 8k the thing was 16k new... we got new cars that drop 50% value once you drive em off the lot. It was bought by a guy that lives down the street for his daughter. Whenever we are out and he is walking his dogs he says hi and "That civic is still going strong!"- so this car nearly 20 years later is still kicking. I think one year he said they had to replace some normal stuff, like belts or whatever.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
It was such a solid car - everything good said about Honda this silly little car was, reliable, lasts forever, and actually better interior than many low end models today. And by better, I mean simple, looks good for what it is, interior - rather than /trying/ to fake higher end material and failing and being worse.

It was my wife's car, she never drove. we sold it at like sub 20k miles in 2012 or so, for like 8k the thing was 16k new... we got new cars that drop 50% value once you drive em off the lot. It was bought by a guy that lives down the street for his daughter. Whenever we are out and he is walking his dogs he says hi and "That civic is still going strong!"- so this car nearly 20 years later is still kicking. I think one year he said they had to replace some normal stuff, like belts or whatever.
yea i think soon i'll be replacing the tires on my 02, i used to not drive it for months b/c of wfh but i make it a point to do it once a month now, cuz my alternator didn't spin cuz of not driving. (it was easy enough fix, i thought i'd had to replace the alternator but i just poured some oil into, got the proper socket and cracked on it and broke it loose, works great, just had to replace the belt i burnt up)
i'm probably gonna have to replace hoses or something just b/c it's so old from dry rot, the door trim weatherstripping is gone and i can only find the 7th gen (doesn't help i have a coup) on aliexpress for 100, not even worth it, car will be fine

• 1Solidarity

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm

2024-01-30 11.57.40 imgur.com 2f3196a96a2f.png

• 1Worf