Car ?'s

Siliconemelons

I’ll be that guy, but a short screw in that thread crease is not going to cause a problem.
But it’s still funny like the stapled condom poster board notice for safe sex

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
1000003602.jpg

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
This youtube channel bought one of the new gen Tacomas. It broke doing some light off roading. Wonder if Toyota quality is slipping or they just got unlucky.

• 1Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
This youtube channel bought one of the new gen Tacomas. It broke doing some light off roading. Wonder if Toyota quality is slipping or they just got unlucky.

Slipping. They still haven't fixed the Tundra's grenading engine. $20-30k fix out of warranty depending on how many parts the engine takes with it when it shits a low end bearing.

That Tacoma popped a driveline on slippery ground. I watched the video and the whole truck shuddered when it popped. They need to go back to designing and building these things in Japan.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
it's time to recondition my headlights, it's a little foggy, i've done it 2x or 3x, it's not really difficult, i prefer removing the headlights rather than painter taping it off

project farm just came out w/ a video

i've been using the 3m clear coat protector all this time, i ordered the sylvania and i'll see how that does in the coming years. (you can just order the spray, not the kit, since the kit is just a few pieces of sand paper... )

also my civic motor mounts are gone (car makes clunking noise when braking), looked at the passenger mount it's separated, and of course if youre gonna replace one cuz of old age, do the rest.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Okay, but whats the best tail light restoration kit? And best kid for cleaning side mirrors!?

Siliconemelons

Anything plastic - headlights / tail will be about the same product - I would say from his video - Sylvania kit

Anything that actually sands and refinishes and re-coats will be the best but longer / more steps process

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Anything plastic - headlights / tail will be about the same product - I would say from his video - Sylvania kit

Anything that actually sands and refinishes and re-coats will be the best but longer / more steps process
yea just gotta get rid of the surface yellowing/oxidation and put a new uv coat on.

Kais

<Gold Donor>
I've used mothers, chemical guys, 3m and slyvania kits over the years. Hard to say which held up better. Sanding is sanding and the most important part, unfortunately most kits have bad choice of grit. They try to make up for it with the last step, the sealant coating, to smooth it out and claims of it hardening and protect the lens. Maybe it's true but any kind of coating will yellow over time or more likely get worn off by wind and road grit. If you have a soft fabric buffing wheel run that across the lens with a light polishing compound after the final highest grit sanding.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I've used mothers, chemical guys, 3m and slyvania kits over the years. Hard to say which held up better. Sanding is sanding and the most important part, unfortunately most kits have bad choice of grit. They try to make up for it with the last step, the sealant coating, to smooth it out and claims of it hardening and protect the lens. Maybe it's true but any kind of coating will yellow over time or more likely get worn off by wind and road grit. If you have a soft fabric buffing wheel run that across the lens with a light polishing compound after the final highest grit sanding.
yea finishing w/ compond/polish is what gives it an edge imo

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm

If you read any Taco forum about this you'll see people talking straight out their butt like fanboys, like some of us were when we were younger about Nvidia or AMD or intel or 3dfx or the like 😂

Some claiming they over burdened it etc when the whole thing was caught on video and extremely milquetoast for offroading

Siliconemelons

If you read any Taco forum about this you'll see people talking straight out their butt like fanboys, like some of us were when we were younger about Nvidia or AMD or intel or 3dfx or the like 😂

Some claiming they over burdened it etc when the whole thing was caught on video and extremely milquetoast for offroading

3dFX glide did the blurring scale of textures (think n64) while direct X just did direct scale of textures (think ps1)

As a Nintendo and 3dFX person I slammed on the others with their giant pixel syndrome all the time

is this thread about cars?!

• 1Worf

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Wow ive really been neglecting this
0311241436_HDR.jpg

0311241538_HDR.jpg

was too lazy to take off the headlights, i forgot i have to remove the front bumper to do it, also did an engine clean (i watched a video where all you do is just spray tire foam all over and don't even wipe, and it works amazing! can't wash the car cuz the headlights have to "cure", so i got acrylic particles everywhere

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
There's no way they can't feel that in the car. The power of denial.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
0314241653_HDR.jpg

old vs new, yea basically didn't have an engine mount

theres an alignment issue on the new mount, i think the frame is bent...

now i got a hydralic ram kit on the way lulz, gonna just leave my car on jack stands for a few days until it comes in. (guess i could change the oil)