Car ?'s

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I thought about the Honda Odyssey, but in EVERY review between the two vehicles, the Pacifica comes out on top. I figured that was reason enough to purchase one myself. I drove an Accord for almost a decade. '97 Accord that I bought used. And I drove that until I got an '07 Audi A4 that I also got used. That didn't last nearly as long.

Last edited:

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
My buddy's Honda accord blew it's engine at 110K. It's not like the Japanese never make a shitty car.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I have an 04' Ford Expedition that I still drive every day. It has about 80K miles on it. (was stay at home wifes car for years) And im in MI where they have salt mines specifically for clearing out snow in winter, lol.

this whole myth that somehow Jap cars are better these days are just 80s and 90s myths. They are every bit as good these days. Well except chryslers, lol.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
My buddy's Honda accord blew it's engine at 110K. It's not like the Japanese never make a shitty car.
Just cause your buddy probably never did basic maintenance on his car, isnt a fault of Honda. At 100k most Honda/Nissan motors are nice and broken in, only really start dying closer to 200k.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Just cause your buddy probably never did basic maintenance on his car, isnt a fault of Honda. At 100k most Honda/Nissan motors are nice and broken in, only really start dying closer to 200k.

Thats pretty much any motor that is basic maintained these days. 200K is nothign these days if you change oil. Its the other shit around it that starts to nickle and dime you to death.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
Thats pretty much any motor that is basic maintained these days. 200K is nothign these days if you change oil. Its the other shit around it that starts to nickle and dime you to death.
Granted this id all 2000 to 2010 ish cars and Dodge but cars would come in with under 15k and already be leaving oil spots.

I know the focus was a good reliable car but Ill just always be biased cause an american car might make it to 200k but its gonna let you know its unhappy about it more than a Japanese car.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>

He did maintenance. Everybody makes a crappy car now and then.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Granted this id all 2000 to 2010 ish cars and Dodge but cars would come in with under 15k and already be leaving oil spots.

I know the focus was a good reliable car but Ill just always be biased cause an american car might make it to 200k but its gonna let you know its unhappy about it more than a Japanese car.
well, all focus' are now made in china, so you have to be extra crazy to buy a 2018+ focus

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Yeah sorry no. American Cars are still not up to the quality of Japanese brands. Not in fit/finish and not in reliability. They're not total wrecks like they were in the 80's/90's, but they still aren't up to par. I've rented countless American cars and they all feel junky with plasticky chrome and cheap trim. The exception being pickup trucks, which America does very well. Rented a Mustang GT about six months ago with 20K miles and the leather was already cracking, plastic trim pieces were loose, and the whole car creaked/rattled/squeaked. Basically a fast engine in a shitbox-- kinda reminded me of an older Corvette a buddy had. Like for the price point of a Mustang GT, why someone wouldn't get a Lexus 350 or Kia Stinger instead is beyond me.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Yeah sorry no. American Cars are still not up to the quality of Japanese brands. Not in fit/finish and not in reliability. They're not total wrecks like they were in the 80's/90's, but they still aren't up to par. I've rented countless American cars and they all feel junky with plasticky chrome and cheap trim. The exception being pickup trucks, which America does very well. Rented a Mustang GT about six months ago with 20K miles and the leather was already cracking, plastic trim pieces were loose, and the whole car creaked/rattled/squeaked. Basically a fast engine in a shitbox-- kinda reminded me of an older Corvette a buddy had. Like for the price point of a Mustang GT, why someone wouldn't get a Lexus 350 or Kia Stinger instead is beyond me.

I still love my Fiesta ST, I bought a second one after selling the first. That car is a joy to drive every single day, every single moment.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
I still love my Fiesta ST, I bought a second one after selling the first. That car is a joy to drive every single day, every single moment.

Yeah, I'm not saying they are bad cars-- they've come a long way from the "3 years 'till perforated rust" of the 90's, I just don't see their value when put side by side with an equivalent Jap model, except for pickups. Like I'd prefer a Honda Civic SI over a Fiesta ST.

2019 Honda Civic Si vs. 2019 Ford Fiesta ST

Last edited:

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Yeah, I'm not saying they are bad cars-- they've come a long way from the "3 years 'till perforated rust" of the 90's, I just don't see their value when put side by side with an equivalent Jap model, except for pickups. Like I'd prefer a Honda Civic SI over a Fiesta ST.

2019 Honda Civic Si vs. 2019 Ford Fiesta ST

If the Civic didn't look horrible I'd agree with you. Last few gens of the Civic have been absolutely horrible looking.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
If the Civic didn't look horrible I'd agree with you. Last few gens of the Civic have been absolutely horrible looking.

hah, I'll agree with you there, it's too Transformers for me. MIss the old 2004 Civic Si hatchback with the stick in the dash.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
yea, my neighbor just got, that honeycomb grill is ugly
ed734243e445df6e30c0adc5c107b0be.png

Axiel

Molten Core Raider
The massive fake vents to the side and the big bar going across the middle really spoil it.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>

A mustang GT is a completely different drive than like an IS350 or RC350 though... I'm not saying it's better because generally I agree with you but there's a good reason mustangs are made.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
A mustang GT is a completely different drive than like an IS350 or RC350 though... I'm not saying it's better because generally I agree with you but there's a good reason mustangs are made.

What would you consider a Jap comparison? Something with around 350HP? F type Lexus? To me it just seemed the stang was a shit ride. Super cheap plastic interior and noisy ride. Only thing it had going for it was acceleration and exhaust note.