Car ?'s

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
Mini scared the shit out of me tonight when I was playing around with the configurator just for fun; there was no manual listed under transmission, and I was about to go dawsoncrying.gif.

Apparently there's a problem with the fuel delivery system with the manual, and they have to retool it to meet fuel emissions standards. Thanks a fucking lot, EPA.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Mini scared the shit out of me tonight when I was playing around with the configurator just for fun; there was no manual listed under transmission, and I was about to go dawsoncrying.gif.

Apparently there's a problem with the fuel delivery system with the manual, and they have to retool it to meet fuel emissions standards. Thanks a fucking lot, EPA.
do you live in a state that cares about emissions?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
IL is on basic federal standards as far as I'm aware. We need to get emissions tested every 2 years, IIRC.
only good thing w/ cars in KS on emissions is they don't have one, probably has to do w/ the way they tax cars, the newer your car, the mo you get tax'd, so i see a lot of old 90s cars around.

i was able to skip nj emissions entirely by saying fuck it and just ignoring it, ha.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So going back to the Jeep seized up wheel problem, I finally had a free weekend to take that shit apart and look at WTF was wrong. It ended up being my rear drum breaks which are the parking breaks on the jeep, totally seized up on the rotor. I had to hammer the rotors off the hub after applying heat to them to break them free of the drum breaks. When they were finally free I saw what appeared to be a fucking seized up rusted mess. Plus I think the actual cable going back to the parking break lever is fucking rusted too, since it does not even move, lol.So I broke the springs, front and back of the rotor, and took out all that drum break shit. Wish I took some pictures but I didnt. Man it was a fucking mess. Fucking 2011 jeep for goodness sake, its not like this thing is THAT old, it only has like 60K miles on it too. POS chrysler product.

Ordered some new rotors and rear disc pads and I should be good to go. I dont really need the parking break anyway, its not like we live in some hill infested area, most is flat country so putting it into 1st or Reverse upon parking should suffice.

I asked a mechanic buddy of mine about this issue beforehand, told him I had some siezed wheels on the jeep and firs thing he said was parking break? Cut the fucking line man.

The wife will be happy again having her jeep back. Fuck, just like 2 weeks before this happened she spent like $1700 on new 18" rims and 33" tires for this thing

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
So going back to the Jeep seized up wheel problem, I finally had a free weekend to take that shit apart and look at WTF was wrong. It ended up being my rear drum breaks which are the parking breaks on the jeep, totally seized up on the rotor. I had to hammer the rotors off the hub after applying heat to them to break them free of the drum breaks. When they were finally free I saw what appeared to be a fucking seized up rusted mess. Plus I think the actual cable going back to the parking break lever is fucking rusted too, since it does not even move, lol.So I broke the springs, front and back of the rotor, and took out all that drum break shit. Wish I took some pictures but I didnt. Man it was a fucking mess. Fucking 2011 jeep for goodness sake, its not like this thing is THAT old, it only has like 60K miles on it too. POS chrysler product.

Ordered some new rotors and rear disc pads and I should be good to go. I dont really need the parking break anyway, its not like we live in some hill infested area, most is flat country so putting it into 1st or Reverse upon parking should suffice.

I asked a mechanic buddy of mine about this issue beforehand, told him I had some siezed wheels on the jeep and firs thing he said was parking break? Cut the fucking line man.

The wife will be happy again having her jeep back. Fuck, just like 2 weeks before this happened she spent like $1700 on new 18" rims and 33" tires for this thing
do you have the spring break tool Lisle 45100 Brake Spring Tool

or are you just gonna muscle through it with vice grips?

Siliconemelons

I thought a parking break had no "line" i.e it was not controlled with break fluid and a hydraulic system - but when you pull the thing, or foot-press the thing, your physically moveing the thing to expand the shoes to press on the drum.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I thought a parking break had no "line" i.e it was not controlled with break fluid and a hydraulic system - but when you pull the thing, or foot-press the thing, your physically moveing the thing to expand the shoes to press on the drum.

Line as in "cable" its a mechanical system rather than a hydraulic one.

Siliconemelons

Line as in "cable" its a mechanical system rather than a hydraulic one.

yeah true - I do not know how electronic e-breaks work...but apparently no one else does because anytime I hear people talking about stuff on a car with a e-ebreak they are always like "BUT DONT MESS WITH THE ELECTRIC EBREAK OMGZZODMDOSMWTFBBQ"

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
2020 Civic looks a little better than the 2019. Still has the jowels, but at least the jowels don't have the fake grille anymore. The blue is nice.

32-2020-honda-civic-si-blue.jpg

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
yeah true - I do not know how electronic e-breaks work...but apparently no one else does because anytime I hear people talking about stuff on a car with a e-ebreak they are always like "BUT DONT MESS WITH THE ELECTRIC EBREAK OMGZZODMDOSMWTFBBQ"

It just has a little electric motor that pulls the cable for you. I think the only real upside is that they automatically disengages the brake when you put the car in drive.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Problem with the jeep was it was an up north Michigan car for like 4-5 yrs when my wifes dad owned it. So you know, dirt/sand/gravel roads pretty much annihilate the under body, sort of like sand blasting it. This coupled with Michigan winters and salt, lots of salt on the road, pretty much means the whole under body is all scale of rust. Including the breaks/ parking break lines. He should of got some under body treatments along the way, you know where they spray the under body with coatings and shit. Ill try to take some pictures if I remember...

And yes the thing about parking breaks is they pretty much have to be mechanical. So even your electric ones are still mechanical run by some sort of motor or some shit.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
every thing that could go wrong electronically did with this guy and his tesla, turn off can't, ebrake, can't, master power off everything... is disabled, lulz

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
every thing that could go wrong electronically did with this guy and his tesla, turn off can't, ebrake, can't, master power off everything... is disabled, lulz

He was working on the car himself and forgot/didn't replace the drip tray that was supposed to prevent water leaking into where it leaked.

Don't do shoddy repair jobs on your vehicles, kids!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
He was working on the car himself and forgot/didn't replace the drip tray that was supposed to prevent water leaking into where it leaked.

Don't do shoddy repair jobs on your vehicles, kids!
is this the same guy that fixed a tesla and his trunk fills with water when it rains? i think i heard him on rogan

I have a 100k 1975 dodge dart custom. 4 door. slant-6 in superb condition ready fot its 200k push. Slant sixes last forever with proper car.

Currently been warehoused since 2006. AKA, my garage.

Cleveland area. Brown sparkle paint. If you want pure sexiness, not sure a Dart is your deal hehe. But for mid 70's realness? The Dart is pure real, and since it is 75, it is a hella lot of steel not aluminum. F-150's will have crushed side panels before this boring piece of meagerly powered steel has an off-kilter front license plate.

Send me a message. I got a good one. This is from web but close to how it look

3E963370-C6FC-474A-8983-368DBDF8A905_1.jpg

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
is this the same guy that fixed a tesla and his trunk fills with water when it rains? i think i heard him on rogan

Yeah, he's a pretty hilarious dude. Started his own electric vehicle repair shop up in MA. His youtube channel is solid.