Car ?'s

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Whelp, the lease is finally up on my Infiniti. I still need to be able to drive the kids around, but got something a bit more fun(and a manual transmission). Picked up a 2017 M2.

1572115850872.png

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Looking at Hyundai Ioniq EV. Facelift going on currently, they are selling out the pre-FL models 20% under street price of the new one. Anyone got one of these? 30k€ for the premium, all-options model, 28k€ for the not-so-premium (no leather mainly and some other things I guess). All prices including tax.

Europe btw.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Its too late for you unless you want to buy more stuff but a creeper is always great for creeper type jobs. So when that fails just buy a real one then buy a one of these mobile chairs with a base of bins and or an extra side bin. The normal nice chair will be about 100 bucks but it will last. Anything that folds is pure shit and will only break or not work correctly.
View attachment 189432

The real creeper that youll use the rest of your life will be like 100 bucks. After that get some moving pads/blankets. Youll save time and money.

But seriously for anyone, go find some used moving blankets and just use that. Using cardboard sucks dick. You try to move your butt over and everything flys away from your reach.
so yea, the folding creeper decided to crap out on me, the screws in which it connects to frame, really isn't meant to be twirling i guess
f37f126669bbb80b286c3af78fa482fe.png

they didn't snap off, they grinded off, i was fine with it, so rather than get another one, i decided i'll fix it correctly, ended up finding casters that were super long, threw on a washer and locking nut and it fucking feels 1000x more solid.

Revised
20191030_222455.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
so yea, the folding creeper decided to crap out on me, the screws in which it connects to frame, really isn't meant to be twirling i guess
f37f126669bbb80b286c3af78fa482fe.png

they didn't snap off, they grinded off, i was fine with it, so rather than get another one, i decided i'll fix it correctly, ended up finding casters that were super long, threw on a washer and locking nut and it fucking feels 1000x more solid.

Revised
View attachment 228922

Can I predict the future again?

You will dirty, tired and pissed off and you will knock your head on that nut/bolt and throw that entire fucking thing through a window.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Can I predict the future again?

You will dirty, tired and pissed off and you will knock your head on that nut/bolt and throw that entire fucking thing through a window.
yea i was thinking about that, i couldn't find any rubber grommet end caps, and will probably just get one of those rounded end nuts to cap it off.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Great cars, maybe the best BMW's of the past 10 years. Manual too, must have been hard to find
Yeah, the automatics are all over the place, but once I saw a manual with relatively low millage(under 19k) I couldn't pass it up. They are fun, no doubt!

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Whelp, the lease is finally up on my Infiniti. I still need to be able to drive the kids around, but got something a bit more fun(and a manual transmission). Picked up a 2017 M2.

View attachment 228306

I took this for a test drive last month 'cause I'm getting sick of the automatic on my S5, and though I loved the ride and external styling, the interior is beyond bland compared to my S5, and is missing all sorts of electronic gadgets. if they upped the internal styling and/or allowed more customization, it would have been an auto buy for me.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
I took this for a test drive last month 'cause I'm getting sick of the automatic on my S5, and though I loved the ride and external styling, the interior is beyond bland compared to my S5, and is missing all sorts of electronic gadgets. if they upped the internal styling and/or allowed more customization, it would have been an auto buy for me.
Yeah, I love Audi interiors. That said, coming from my boring-ass 2017 QX50, the M2 is like a spaceship as far as tech goes.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I love Audi interiors. That said, coming from my boring-ass 2017 QX50, the M2 is like a spaceship as far as tech goes.

What is that color as well? Doesn't quite look like the long beach blue? Or is it just the lighting? It's sharp.

There is a new 2 series coming next year with a new M2 coming the year afterwards supposedly, will be interested to see how they update it

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
What is that color as well? Doesn't quite look like the long beach blue? Or is it just the lighting? It's sharp.

There is a new 2 series coming next year with a new M2 coming the year afterwards supposedly, will be interested to see how they update it
It is the LBB. Probably just he light in the showroom. Here it is outside:

1572549326353.png

• 1Solidarity

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
So the i decided to replace the "front sidemarker lightbulbs" in the impreza, these aren't the headlights or the fog or the turn lights, they're just the fucking like accents lights, i thought i bought wrong ones until i figured out 3 out of 4 are already dead, heh, anyway it was annoying in that i have to take out the bumper and the headlight unit itself, i "could" kinda squeeze in from the wheel well, but fuck it, anyway i park the honda outside cuz i want full room to work and i was gonna move it back and for some reason the car battery is dead. no idea why really, i just recently checked and refilled all the water levels. Anyway i could drive the subaru out to it, but i have a portable car jumper in each car...

turns out the one in the honda is dead too (it's one of the super heavy half battery kinds), so i take the one from the subaru, which is the new thin style (basically an external usb charger) and it jumped in a second. So i was gonna buy the same one and for some reason, it's down in price to $25 and theres a $10coupon to boot, i think it's an error (cuz i have an app that checks price history and it went down this low this month for some reason), if you want to snag a few to give to gifts, it's like usually 50$ ish bucks

Car Jump Starter RAVPower 300A Peak Current (for All 12V 2.0 L Gas Engines) 8000mAh External Battery Pack Quick Charge Portable Jumper Power Bank Power Pack Car Battery Booster, Built-in Flashlight

and yea it works fine, jumped my car in a second.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
So the i decided to replace the "front sidemarker lightbulbs" in the impreza, these aren't the headlights or the fog or the turn lights, they're just the fucking like accents lights, i thought i bought wrong ones until i figured out 3 out of 4 are already dead, heh, anyway it was annoying in that i have to take out the bumper and the headlight unit itself, i "could" kinda squeeze in from the wheel well, but fuck it, anyway i park the honda outside cuz i want full room to work and i was gonna move it back and for some reason the car battery is dead. no idea why really, i just recently checked and refilled all the water levels. Anyway i could drive the subaru out to it, but i have a portable car jumper in each car...

turns out the one in the honda is dead too (it's one of the super heavy half battery kinds), so i take the one from the subaru, which is the new thin style (basically an external usb charger) and it jumped in a second. So i was gonna buy the same one and for some reason, it's down in price to $25 and theres a $10coupon to boot, i think it's an error (cuz i have an app that checks price history and it went down this low this month for some reason), if you want to snag a few to give to gifts, it's like usually 50$ ish bucks

Car Jump Starter RAVPower 300A Peak Current (for All 12V 2.0 L Gas Engines) 8000mAh External Battery Pack Quick Charge Portable Jumper Power Bank Power Pack Car Battery Booster, Built-in Flashlight

and yea it works fine, jumped my car in a second.
coupon is gone, i knew it was a price error, still got my coupons in tho

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
I was thinking about swapping out my OEM halogens with some LED headlights for better visibility, but I'm out of my league. There are a ton of options, not all of them are DOT compliant/street legal, I have no idea which brands are reputable or not, and I don't know if things are plug and play without special equipment.

Does anyone have experience with the process or have any recommendations? I believe my car has H4 bulbs.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I was thinking about swapping out my OEM halogens with some LED headlights for better visibility, but I'm out of my league. There are a ton of options, not all of them are DOT compliant/street legal, I have no idea which brands are reputable or not, and I don't know if things are plug and play without special equipment.

Does anyone have experience with the process or have any recommendations? I believe my car has H4 bulbs.
my 2002 civic uses H4 also, so yea i know, you're probably wondering why it also says it's 9003 compatible? simply H4(or H* whatever) is the motorcycle designation and the quad number 9003 is for cars

also yea, it might not fit cuz of the way regular light bulbs are

especially the H4's
93339c775909ca7ddb0ee97f1800dbdb.png

they basically just jut out with a 3 prong connector, most LED headlights will look like this
5144048c2f3983150dba691ce55e0b66.png

that's a heatsink/fan on the end, and then it comes out as a tail to connect it, this might/mightnot work in your car (it doesn't fit my civic, i had to jerryrig it)

they do have H4's now that are LED and resemble the oldstyle halogen (to fit in motorcycles more)
782a6c94957e5e4fdbba1b5336e9b25e.png

(they just moved the heatsink up)

it was really annoying doing the civic, it has an annoying clip that breaks and i had to fit a rubber boot over it the impreza takes a h11 and it was twist off, twist on, thats it.

pretty sure the upperlimit of color light is 6500k (bright white, lower for "warmer")

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
also i found this website the best for lightbulb sizes
(i put the link you can type in your car model)

all other sites are mostly autozone or oreilly with their own internal numbers and blah blah, this site was easy and simple, i just printed out page for my two cars and taped it on my garage door.