Car ?'s

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Yeah it's balls for those low cars.
just learn to swerve and avoid em, youre constantly changing lanes anyway cuz of the illegal double parkers

i believe jersey had worst potholes, cuz it's more like the shards of broken old broken concrete in a dip, rather than just missing tar

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Given the architecture of a mid-engine design, I don't think they had a lot of choice on how it looks. Curves, lines, etc. yes, but not the overall shape. I was - and still am not - a fan of the base C8. But, the Z06 looks a little better, as has been the case with each generation.

Sports cars can definitely be low, that's for sure. Sometimes you have to know where you're going in order to avoid speed bumps or driveways. I can't imagine having a low car in NY though.
Mid engine cars also appear lower than front engine cars because the hood line is lower and the roof can usually be lower while keeping the same size interior since there's nothing under the floor i.e. driveshafts, exhausts, etc.

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Well this is a first for me. Drive a 2015 Subaru WRX. The gas door wont open. At all. So my car is "broken down" since I cannot put gas in it. Took it in and they said they cannot get a replacement part till Tuesday and cant open it for me without potentially doing more damage till they get the replacement part. Such a strange way to have a car become un-drivable.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Well this is a first for me. Drive a 2015 Subaru WRX. The gas door wont open. At all. So my car is "broken down" since I cannot put gas in it. Took it in and they said they cannot get a replacement part till Tuesday and cant open it for me without potentially doing more damage till they get the replacement part. Such a strange way to have a car become un-drivable.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider

Thanks, good to know this is a big problem. I cannot even get my door open to do what he is doing at this points. Someone in the comments of the video mentions this "Subaru expanded the fix to include replacing the entire fuel assembly saucer (Part# 51478VA002). My dealer's service techs had to take the spring from the TSB and fit it in with the new saucer assembly (it had the old spring) and my fuel door was finally fixed after 2 parts replacements and 5 months"

And that assembly saucer part# 51478VA002 is what im waiting on.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Thanks, good to know this is a big problem. I cannot even get my door open to do what he is doing at this points. Someone in the comments of the video mentions this "Subaru expanded the fix to include replacing the entire fuel assembly saucer (Part# 51478VA002). My dealer's service techs had to take the spring from the TSB and fit it in with the new saucer assembly (it had the old spring) and my fuel door was finally fixed after 2 parts replacements and 5 months"

And that assembly saucer part# 51478VA002 is what im waiting on.
i think the issue was the spring got weak so you can't pop it out, (along with the friction and all that at the nub) yours is redesigned from mine 2012 so when i open i hear the "bong", while yours is like some flacid thing.

i think if you want to open it, you need your wife to hit the switch, and you stick some kind of shim lightly pry it open. (just have her hold the fuel switch open)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
i think the issue was the spring got weak so you can't pop it out, (along with the friction and all that at the nub) yours is redesigned from mine 2012 so when i open i hear the "bong", while yours is like some flacid thing.

i think if you want to open it, you need your wife to hit the switch, and you stick some kind of shim lightly pry it open. (just have her hold the fuel switch open)

That worked! THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
It's all about this bad bitch. This is what I drive, though mine is an '18, and the seats are a slightly darker brown.

CH021_122PF8uths791eu63ieal3jti1n75q8-scaled.jpg

Chrysler Pacifica, baby.
It's the Mother of All Mini-Vans.

My older model has this type of steering wheel. I really like the van.
cheryl-in-driving.jpg

Last edited:
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Sadly no Mustang for me in the immediate future. Went a drove a GT today that a local Ford place had available, and even just on wet streets that shit is completely out of control. Forget about using first gear entirely, and that's just from rain. It'd be basically non-functional once the snow hits here, which kind of defeats the entire purpose as it'd be my only wheels. Also lol street parking in Chicago.

Like 95% to buy this Fiesta ST they let me take home for the weekend. It's 19k sticker less like 500$ to replace a piece of the front plastic grill, drives really well, and doesn't look like much so leaving it on the street won't really be a concern. I'll need to do something about the exhaust though, not sure if it's stock or not but it's noisy as fuck and will get real annoying real fast.

I also kind of forgot amusing turbo blowoff can be,

Duskoy

Blackwing Lair Raider
Whats a decent EV for around 40k. This 80 mile round trip commute 5+ days a week is getting quite expensive with the premium gas i need for my every day car. Wifes car is long in the tooth so need to get a new one within the next 6 or so months.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Whats a decent EV for around 40k. This 80 mile round trip commute 5+ days a week is getting quite expensive with the premium gas i need for my every day car. Wifes car is long in the tooth so need to get a new one within the next 6 or so months.
a model 3 awd is 46k barebones for june

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
a model 3 awd is 46k barebones for june
About 50k now to start.
1635983957861.png

edit: I wont recommend the rear wheel drive. Even in the south the awd has advantages driving.

D Duskoy Tesla doesnt get a tax credit anymore but I still think its the best product for the money. Many states have tax credits that qualify. The range of a new model 3 cant be beat by a non-Tesla. And the car provides so much at the base level. My thoughts are if you are going to spend X and can spend 25% more and get a much improved product and can afford the additional, the spend the extra.

Here is a list of the various tax credits as on last month.

edit: I am hearing decent things about the E-Mustang which is in the 40's to start.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
About 50k now to start.
View attachment 380404

edit: I wont recommend the rear wheel drive. Even in the south the awd has advantages driving.

D Duskoy Tesla doesnt get a tax credit anymore but I still think its the best product for the money. Many states have tax credits that qualify. The range of a new model 3 cant be beat by a non-Tesla. And the car provides so much at the base level. My thoughts are if you are going to spend X and can spend 25% more and get a much improved product and can afford the additional, the spend the extra.

Here is a list of the various tax credits as on last month.

thats cuz it's an extra delivery fee to ny
6d56305e7542546887b23cfcddb466af.png

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
thats cuz it's an extra delivery fee to ny
6d56305e7542546887b23cfcddb466af.png
No its because you are looking at that shitty pleeb single motor low range version. 267 miles is a joke for a modern EV. Spend the 6k for the Long Range and get another 90 miles of range.

Axiel

Molten Core Raider
Model 3 is switching to lithium-IRON batteries, which are particularly bad in cold weather. Don't expect more then half of their quoted range on the coldest NY mornings. Hope you don't mind turning off the heat / recharging while it's 0F outside to make it home, when the batteries start ageing.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Model 3 is switching to lithium-IRON batteries, which are particularly bad in cold weather. Don't expect more then half of their quoted range on the coldest NY mornings. Hope you don't mind turning off the heat / recharging while it's 0F outside to make it home, when the batteries start ageing.
My Model X doesnt have to worry about it.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
No its because you are looking at that shitty pleeb single motor low range version. 267 miles is a joke for a modern EV. Spend the 6k for the Long Range and get another 90 miles of range.
Look at all the prices in your two pics. Your pic is $4k more for each model over his.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Look at all the prices in your two pics. Your pic is $4k more for each model over his.
Because the Tesla site give you prices for "potential savings" (a scam) and actual price (the real price). The :potential savings price estimates how much you will be "saving" not buying gas. I always quote the actual price because that is what you are going to pay.

1636030747107.png