Car ?'s

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That is marketing. Always has been, always will be. Lots of gullible people out there.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
There is a reason Elon is worth almost $350 Billion. People be buying the cars on the Potential Savings price. :)
How much electricity does it take keeping yours charged? I’ve always been curious how much the electric bill costs vs the gas for someone who keeps the same route.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
That is marketing. Always has been, always will be. Lots of gullible people out there.
Everyone should adopt it. Two different prices on their cars. One which is the actual price and one the price with gas saved compared to a Hummer H2.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
How much electricity does it take keeping yours charged? I’ve always been curious how much the electric bill costs vs the gas for someone who keeps the same route.
I charge at night from 11p-5a for 4 cents a Kw/h. I have a 100 KW battery. On average I use 15-20% of a battery on my daily commute. So roughly 60-80 cents a day on work days. Total miles on my 100 KW battery is 315 so that is all the variables to check out the cost for different amounts of driving. Charging at peak it can triple or quadruple that cost.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Anyone recommend a dash cam model? Driving in Chicago has basically devolved in to a lawless wasteland during the last covid years so it's probably time to actually get one before one of these jokers just merges in to me.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anyone recommend a dash cam model? Driving in Chicago has basically devolved in to a lawless wasteland during the last covid years so it's probably time to actually get one before one of these jokers just merges in to me.
Haha merge into you? Did you just move here?

• 1Worf

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Haha merge into you? Did you just move here?

Lol I've lived here for a decade now, but it's like 10,000% worse since covid I swear. You can't even think about trusting traffic lights in my neighborhood anymore - green just means yield now to be sure some cunt isn't gonna blow the red. Been hit twice on my bike in the last 18 months, my favorite coffee shop had a car drive in to it, roads are continually littered with pieces of peoples cars.

I need a fucking mad max war wagon or something I swear to god.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Depends on what you want to spend and what you want the profile to be. The top of the line cameras use capacitors instead of an internal battery (batteries can cause issues in high heat summers) or they use a remote SSD and battery, to keep it cooler mounted out of the sun.

You can also get duel cameras built into one recording device, if you want both front and back.

I have found DashCamTalk has an active community in it's forums, with a bunch of people testing out different cameras. You always want to buy the best night performance camera, since it is the most difficult to get right.

I like the Street Guardian brand, as the owner posts on those forums and does a good job communicating with customers. Blackview also has a rep for good quality, but they may be a little overpriced.

There have been a lot of new companies joining the market in the last few years, so I don't know the build quality on them.

This is the camera (remote duel camera) I will be buying in the near future (it took them forever to develop it, and was released in the last year):
SG9663DR-1.jpg

Various install pics from Dashcamtalk:
IMG_1311.jpg

Different car:

y4m1SRGGQjbNNA3gHjgYIJl4vF6zq1nhCxzgBIsCE-dVxJ4x5nLyZMU_8FixoXrB503QONKW63akaVRxd65GFH2Bk6SO3n...jpg

IMG_6001-01.jpeg

Last edited:

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
this is weird, i was lazy so when i moved i just dumped all car liquids (oil/windshield/radiator...etc) on my back porch.

i get to cleaning and organizing and

only two cans,

these two in particular
ea02c15b225ed8ace7b98ef7a5dac47c.png

have their labels eaten off, brake cleaner labels, wax... whatever is all still on every other bottles, but these two were eaten off.

it's odd to me, b/c these two have a specific size, came in a 2pack and were pretty expensive for just being cleaners (i think it was 30for the 2pack)

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
this is weird, i was lazy so when i moved i just dumped all car liquids (oil/windshield/radiator...etc) on my back porch.

only two cans,

these two in particular

have their labels eaten off, brake cleaner labels, wax... whatever is all still on every other bottles, but these two were eaten off.

it's odd to me, b/c these two have a specific size, came in a 2pack and were pretty expensive for just being cleaners (i think it was 30for the 2pack)
My Tesla doesn't need any of those.

:trollface:

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm

only two cans,

these two in particular

Both the MAS and intake cleaner are ~80% Acetone (a common oil based paint thinner/stripper), so if you got any on the can when you were spraying it, the label wont survive. It is also great for cleaning the oil and various car grease off your hands, but so is brake cleaner (if your hands are covered in Acetone, the paint is going to have a bad time).

I may have sprayed myself a few times when trying to put the cap on those types of cans (while trying to rush clean up, not looking directly at the can).

Brake cleaner is just as corrosive*, but if you used the straw, it probably kept it off the can?

*I thought Brake cleaner was Acetone as well, but according to 3M's datasheet, they use ~55% Heptane and ~22.5% Xylene as the main ingredients.

Last edited:

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I think both the MAS and intake cleaner are ~80% Acetone (a common oil based paint thinner/stripper), so if you got any on the can when you were spraying it, the label wont survive. It is also great for cleaning the oil and various car grease off your hands, but so is brake cleaner (hands covered in Acetone is going to give paint a bad time).

I may have sprayed myself a few times when trying to put the cap on those types of cans (while trying to rush clean up, not looking directly at the can).

Brake cleaner is just as corrosive*, but if you used the straw, it probably kept it off the can?

*I thought Brake cleaner was Acetone as well, but according to 3M's datasheet, they use ~55% Heptane and ~22.5 Xylene as the main ingredients.
i learned there are two types of brake clean

the faggot cali version non chloronated
a4a9c8d9c4564e0384eb41613d9d9441.png

and the real kind that actually works
6e29b522076b4d8ad2a6d55bad49a9d8.png

• 1Like

fred sanford

<Gold Donor>
i was lazy so when i moved i just dumped all car liquids on my back porch.
Reminds me of a story my dad told me. When I was a kid my grandparents had a huge back yard. On one side there were two little mounds with a pit between them and a bush to the side. The grown ups would just call it the snake pit and told us to not go near it. We stayed away from it in fear, although my cousin fell into it once. So here I am talking to my dad 30+ years later and he told me the 'snake pit' was just a spot my grandfather used to change the oil on their cars. It was two mounds of dirt he would roll the front wheels up on, then drain the oil into the pit between them. Over time the grass grew over it and the family just named it that to keep the kids from rolling around in old motor oil.

• 1Worf

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
When I was a kid my dad and granddad would just let their old motor oil run out on the ground too. There was a huge black spot in the yard where they changed oil in tractors, pickups, whatever. The EPA would probably order a drone strike on you for doing that now.

fred sanford

<Gold Donor>
When I was a kid my dad and granddad would just let their old motor oil run out on the ground too. There was a huge black spot in the yard where they changed oil in tractors, pickups, whatever. The EPA would probably order a drone strike on you for doing that now.
After learning the truth of the snake pit I used to joke with my dad that whoever bought the house after my grandparents died probably found it removing that bush and thought they stuck oil.