Car ?'s

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You just plan to add an additional hour to a long trip? Do you worry about a traffic incident causing you to sit for a while? Ever find all of the charging stations taken when you arrive?

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
You just plan to add an additional hour to a long trip? Do you worry about a traffic incident causing you to sit for a while? Ever find all of the charging stations taken when you arrive?
I've taken many long drives in the Tesla, usually for work... country courthouses and such. You just plan a little extra time, but its not as much as you would think, since you were probably going to stop and eat anyway, etc.

The only scenario where it's just pure extra time added is if you were just going to power through without stopping, eat in the car, 100% go time. Otherwise, it's not too bad.

Traffic incidents don't really bother electric cars since you only use power when moving; unlike gas cars you don't sit and burn power while waiting (at least not much). Also the slower you go the more efficient electric cars are, so some nice 20mph traffic actually extends your range.

I have arrived at a supercharged to find all stations taken (fuck you Waco) and it sucks, but it also moves pretty quickly in the couple of times it has happened to me. Within 10-20 minutes there was an open stall. The drivers form a line of people waiting and the chargers free up pretty quickly at the big superchargers.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Cad answered already. The one adjustment I am having to mentally make is that I drive faster than "average" so if I have 280 miles of charge I am probably only going to get 260 because I speed. So when looking for the next Supercharger I am starting to calculate that. I just hit this Supercharger with 44 miles left and it should have originally been close to 60 miles left.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I can just imagine a place like Buc-ee's with 30 or 40 charging stations still being a zoo and people waiting forever. We will definitely need a lot more power production around the world.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I can just imagine a place like Buc-ee's with 30 or 40 charging stations still being a zoo and people waiting forever. We will definitely need a lot more power production around the world.
The app let's you check availability of each charge stall (available, in use, out of service) in real time which helps.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Tesla, or all OEMs?
Tesla shows the availability and projected wait time right on the nav screen. Only for superchargers. But honestly, you wouldn't want to use anything but superchargers anyway.

• 1Solidarity

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Made it to my destination. 1400+ miles. 7 stops to charge including filling up on arrival. Honestly wasn't painful at all.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Saw this on the way to Florida this week. I’ve never seen one in person, had to get a couple pics.

Annoyed at the glare on the second one but rushed car pics are rushed.

A0488750-B48B-4D3C-A793-261135AA3C34.jpeg
F84C40D2-99BA-4974-8B7F-82728942CA88.jpeg

• 1Like

Axiel

Molten Core Raider
Saw this on the way to Florida this week. I’ve never seen one in person, had to get a couple pics.

Annoyed at the glare on the second one but rushed car pics are rushed.

You'll see more over time as those JDMs from the 90s become legal to import

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yup, starting to see 32's around Houston pretty regularly at car events. I imagine tons more in Florida and California than here.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Z06 revealed today. 670 horsepower naturally aspirated. <$100k sticker.
24mpg highway lol.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
24mpg highway lol.
mother of god shades GIF

I just wish they'd ditch the "super car" look they've been trending toward. If I wanted that look, I'd buy a Lambo or another Pista.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
24mpg highway lol.

There will be ADMs and massive waiting lists. No one will be getting it under $100k. That said, it's still a performance bargain compared to its rivals. She's a bit of a porker though...

Borzak

Yeah that's why I said "sticker". Pretty sure if you managed to import new Yugo's now they wouldn't go for sticker lol. I did get a laugh out of the MPG on it. 10.5 second 1/4 mile time I thin it said. Sticker only $20k more than some 1/2 ton trucks now.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
There will be ADMs and massive waiting lists. No one will be getting it under $100k. That said, it's still a performance bargain compared to its rivals. She's a bit of a porker though...
One of our salesman got a new vette a few months ago. Looks amazing. My only issue is that it looks more Italian than American. It doesn't look like a vette. Other thing is the bitch rides way low to the ground. I asked him how it handles potholes (hello Long Island) and his response was "not well". SMH.

Borzak

Yeah one of the reasons I drive a truck is to get down the "driveway" at times. The roads themselves are fine.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
One of our salesman got a new vette a few months ago. Looks amazing. My only issue is that it looks more Italian than American. It doesn't look like a vette. Other thing is the bitch rides way low to the ground. I asked him how it handles potholes (hello Long Island) and his response was "not well". SMH.

Given the architecture of a mid-engine design, I don't think they had a lot of choice on how it looks. Curves, lines, etc. yes, but not the overall shape. I was - and still am not - a fan of the base C8. But, the Z06 looks a little better, as has been the case with each generation.

Sports cars can definitely be low, that's for sure. Sometimes you have to know where you're going in order to avoid speed bumps or driveways. I can't imagine having a low car in NY though.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Given the architecture of a mid-engine design, I don't think they had a lot of choice on how it looks. Curves, lines, etc. yes, but not the overall shape. I was - and still am not - a fan of the base C8. But, the Z06 looks a little better, as has been the case with each generation.

Sports cars can definitely be low, that's for sure. Sometimes you have to know where you're going in order to avoid speed bumps or driveways. I can't imagine having a low car in NY though.
Yeah it's balls for those low cars.