Car ?'s

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Buying land in Colorado and close in a month so decided I needed a little mountain truck - sold M550i for a good price to getmethevin.com and turned around and got a 22 Frontier Pro 4x for like $43k. Getting 2.5" lift in a few weeks and newer tires and calling it good. Great little pick up, but man there is absolutely no torque on this thing. Going from the M4 comp into the truck and back again is pretty hilarious. Seems like prices are starting to come down though which is great if you're in the market for a new/used vehicle.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
Been looking at EVs the last few months, Ioniq 5, EV6, ID4 etc all have $5-10k mark up over MSRP and you can’t find them anywhere.

Shit is bananas.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Been looking at EVs the last few months, Ioniq 5, EV6, ID4 etc all have $5-10k mark up over MSRP and you can’t find them anywhere.

Shit is bananas.
i was looking at the subaru solterra/toyota bz4x and was even gonna install a 240 outlet in my garage (i'll probably just do it anyway for learning) until they recalled them cuz the fucking wheels fall off

you'd think toyota would know how to make a decent ev given their prius experience

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

Shit is bananas.
It is going to be especially so with EVs. Wait until the new EV tax credits kick in before buying one.

• 1Like

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
If
It is going to be especially so with EVs. Wait until the new EV tax credits kick in before buying one.
This is our plan as well. Now I just have to convince the wife that we should wait to get a Rivian in 2024.
Or trade in the 4Runner for a Model Y early 2023 then trade in the Model 3 for a Rivian sometime in 2024.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Buying land in Colorado and close in a month so decided I needed a little mountain truck - sold M550i for a good price to getmethevin.com and turned around and got a 22 Frontier Pro 4x for like $43k. Getting 2.5" lift in a few weeks and newer tires and calling it good. Great little pick up, but man there is absolutely no torque on this thing. Going from the M4 comp into the truck and back again is pretty hilarious. Seems like prices are starting to come down though which is great if you're in the market for a new/used vehicle.
I escape communism to oklahoma and now your willingly trading states the opposite way?

• 1Worf

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I escape communism to oklahoma and now your willingly trading states the opposite way?
We're still here, just setting up an off the grid bolt hole out in Custer County... Also looking at some land up by you guys (though across border into MO/AR).

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
We're still here, just setting up an off the grid bolt hole out in Custer County... Also looking at some land up by you guys (though across border into MO/AR).
Been stuck in stillwell working for a few weeks, has a very brief tight windy switchback. Almost fun, albeit in a juke because i sold the jag. Need to get the superbike wheel fixed and try that out on it.

Waiting for car market to find sanity been working on being more excited about tractors and mowers

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
If

This is our plan as well. Now I just have to convince the wife that we should wait to get a Rivian in 2024.
Or trade in the 4Runner for a Model Y early 2023 then trade in the Model 3 for a Rivian sometime in 2024.
Model Y is great from all the folks I know who have it. It lacks the computer controlled air suspension of the MX and is a bit smaller, but aside from that peeps love it.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Replaced a 2016 Ford Fusion with a 2022 Model 3 Sport. First fast car I have owned since the 90's. Significantly faster than anything I have ever owned before. I love it. My wife hates it. Anybody else own an EV on here? I really haven't done much research, I drove a buddies a few months back and it sold me instantly. Put in my order the next day and just picked it up last week.

• 2Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Replaced a 2016 Ford Fusion with a 2022 Model 3 Sport. First fast car I have owned since the 90's. Significantly faster than anything I have ever owned before. I love it. My wife hates it. Anybody else own an EV on here? I really haven't done much research, I drove a buddies a few months back and it sold me instantly. Put in my order the next day and just picked it up last week.

Less than 10 posts down is the car thread.

C'mon man.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>

That credit as written won't apply to a ton of current EVs, assuming you could even find one for sale - a lot of vehicles will be priced out (compounded more by inflation and dealer markups), a lot won't be fully assembled in america (requirement), a lot won't meet the battery pack requirements (there's a number of requirements with this one), some people will make to much money to qualify, ect ect.

ToeMissile

<Gold Donor>
That credit as written won't apply to a ton of current EVs, assuming you could even find one for sale - a lot of vehicles will be priced out (compounded more by inflation and dealer markups), a lot won't be fully assembled in america (requirement), a lot won't meet the battery pack requirements (there's a number of requirements with this one), some people will make to much money to qualify, ect ect.
Yeah, it’s going to be interesting to see what manufacturers do to compensate.

I know the sedan ceiling is 55k, truck is 80k. Haven’t looked into the fine print to see what other body style specifications there are.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

The whole thing is a sham. Pushing EV to the exclusion of everything else without thought for infrastructure, cost, materials (hint, there aren't enough in the world) and how the bloody hell does middle-America begin to afford a new EV?

• 1Like

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Joe Manchin sort of had a point when he said if we can't build electric cars fast enough to keep up with the demand, why are we subsidizing them? It does sort of make sense to only give the incentive to lower income folks at least as long as rich people are buying them as status symbols and would probably like them even better if they were more expensive.

Fucker

Log Wizard
The whole thing is a sham. Pushing EV to the exclusion of everything else without thought for infrastructure, cost, materials (hint, there aren't enough in the world) and how the bloody hell does middle-America begin to afford a new EV?
Middle America cannot buy a new, base model Honda Civic, much less any kind of a real EV.

EV is one giant scam. Not enough grid to satisfy current demand, much less future demand. Not enough raw materials for batteries, at least not on an environmental and cost scale that makes sense.

Not enough renewable power to do jack shit for anything. Not enough uranium to be a source of power generation for very long with current tech.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

ToeMissile

<Gold Donor>
I’m not saying anyone is wrong or right, nor do I have any idea of what the optimal path is but a shift needs to happen somewhere to get the ball rolling.

Even if someone doesn’t believe humans are having a negative effect on the climate, is there some general agreement that pollution in general is undesirable?
🤷‍♂️

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Joe Manchin sort of had a point when he said if we can't build electric cars fast enough to keep up with the demand, why are we subsidizing them? It does sort of make sense to only give the incentive to lower income folks at least as long as rich people are buying them as status symbols and would probably like them even better if they were more expensive.
Good thing he didn't believe his own point enough to stop that abomination of a bill, right? Right?

I'm just waiting for Bronco stock to catch up to demand so that they are stupidly expensive.