Car ?'s

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I’m not saying anyone is wrong or right, nor do I have any idea of what the optimal path is but a shift needs to happen somewhere to get the ball rolling.

Even if someone doesn’t believe humans are having a negative effect on the climate, is there some general agreement that pollution in general is undesirable?
🤷‍♂️
I agree. The grid needing upgrades for new technology is to be expected. You don't stop technology so we can keep using the old electrical grid. The raw materials argument is horseshit. Just because we're not mining them doesn't mean they don't exist. I think Fucker has been reading Exxon propaganda.

• 1Imbecile
Reactions: 1 user

Fucker

Log Wizard
I agree. The grid needing upgrades for new technology is to be expected. You don't stop technology so we can keep using the old electrical grid. The raw materials argument is horseshit. Just because we're not mining them doesn't mean they don't exist. I think Fucker has been reading Exxon propaganda.
I think you need to pull your head out of your ass and work on your reading comprehension skills. Where exactly did I say materials don't exist? In terms of the grid, there are vast areas where there is no money to adequately maintain what is in place...where is the money going to come from to upgrade it to meet future demand?

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
I think you need to pull your head out of your ass and work on your reading comprehension skills. Where exactly did I say materials don't exist? In terms of the grid, there are vast areas where there is no money to adequately maintain what is in place...where is the money going to come from to upgrade it to meet future demand?
Ever heard of markets? If demand increases, price goes up, then supply goes up. The government can throw some money in there too if they want to. Increased demand for electricity is not an unsolvable problem, even without the use of coal.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
You do realize that people are willing to pay for electricity to power their EV's, right?

And if people are willing to pay for more power... then companies will step in to supply that need.

This is basic market economics. Imagine your attitude in 1915 or so. You'd be shutting Ford down going "how the FUCK are we going to gas up all these cars you want to build? We'd have to build a worldwide distribution infrastructure, refining... we just don't have it. Who is going to pay for that? I'm sorry, you're just going to have to stop building cars."

???

• 1Like
  • 1Imbecile
Reactions: 1 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
You do realize that people are willing to pay for electricity to power their EV's, right?

And if people are willing to pay for more power... then companies will step in to supply that need.

This is basic market economics. Imagine your attitude in 1915 or so. You'd be shutting Ford down going "how the FUCK are we going to gas up all these cars you want to build? We'd have to build a worldwide distribution infrastructure, refining... we just don't have it. Who is going to pay for that? I'm sorry, you're just going to have to stop building cars."

???

Ironically this falls apart in CA, the home of the most EVs, since the power companies and the state have essentially captured each other and are pretty much one boondoggle of a fire starting, blackout creating, hydro dam destroying organism now.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
California sucks at everything. They are currently surveying to run a 600 kV DC transmission line across part of my ranch. It's one of several that are connecting the eastern and western grids to make it easier for wind and solar power to get from the middle of the country out to the coasts.

There are also wind turbines popping up everywhere around here. I don't know how it's going to work but they are doing it at a high rate of speed it seems to me.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
California sucks at everything. They are currently surveying to run a 600 kV DC transmission line across part of my ranch. It's one of several that are connecting the eastern and western grids to make it easier for wind and solar power to get from the middle of the country out to the coasts.

There are also wind turbines popping up everywhere around here. I don't know how it's going to work but they are doing it at a high rate of speed it seems to me.
Do you have choice or is it a "it would be a shame if we had to evoke eminent domain" to run these high power lines?

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
For distribution poles at least, the utility co has to get an easement to to the work.

I assume a judge or someone could eventually tell you to fuck off 🤷‍♂️

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>

Really just blame the cities. I live in State of Jefferson territory and it's just cowboys and vaqueros out here bitching about how retarded the state is and saving up to move.

Hell, back in the day LA water completely destroyed multiple large lakes on the east side of the Sierras by rerouting all the mountain water to LA. Lots of ranching out there still but completely killed millions of acres of ranchlands/farmlands. Read the stories of mono and owens lake. Complete rape that they continue today just so that cesspool of a city can survive.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
did anyone ever think what would happen if you get more ev's and you want to charge those new ev's at offpeak hours for cheaper electricity, but if there are more ev's and theyre all now charging at night for cheaper offpeak juice then it stops being cheaper since off peak is now no longer offpeak w/ so many ev's charging and now ev's are jacking up everyone's electric rates

i mean take the shitty island uk

everytime there is a commercial break from a soap opera or a soccer game, these faggots go out to their kitchen and turn on the kettle, all at the same time.
only these faggots all use electric kettles so that dips and electric grid by loads

imagine if everyone plugs in their ev at the same time for cheap off peak charging, actually you don't even have to do that, i think it's tesla and other cars, you can just leave the charger plugged in and it won't draw power until offpeak time, so when it hits 9pm for off peak, boom every tesla plugged in will make a request for power and dippin the grid.

Last edited:

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Really just blame the cities. I live in State of Jefferson territory and it's just cowboys and vaqueros out here bitching about how retarded the state is and saving up to move.

Hell, back in the day LA water completely destroyed multiple large lakes on the east side of the Sierras by rerouting all the mountain water to LA. Lots of ranching out there still but completely killed millions of acres of ranchlands/farmlands. Read the stories of mono and owens lake. Complete rape that they continue today just so that cesspool of a city can survive.

And it's totally OK that the state of CA decided to make a high speed rail line from LA to San Francisco instead of creating much needed desalination plants all over. Why did they choose the train project instead? Who knows, but about a billion dollars went missing and the project didn't happen. Huh, head scratcher.

Axiel

Molten Core Raider
This is basic market economics. Imagine your attitude in 1915 or so.

For some reason, federal government didn't need to tax people too poor to afford a new Model T in order to help the rich virtue signal with their newest fad.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Ironically this falls apart in CA, the home of the most EVs, since the power companies and the state have essentially captured each other and are pretty much one boondoggle of a fire starting, blackout creating, hydro dam destroying organism now.
Government intervention is nearly always bad. This is no exception.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
For some reason, federal government didn't need to tax people too poor to afford a new Model T in order to help the rich virtue signal with their newest fad.
I don't think the federal EV credit made a lot of difference for Tesla anyway - the model 3 and Y barely got it and the model S and X were so expensive it didn't make a lot of difference.

But in general, yes I don't agree with tax incentives like this, I'd just remove the taxes in general and get out of the way if I were the tax code, but I'm not.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I don't think the federal EV credit made a lot of difference for Tesla anyway - the model 3 and Y barely got it and the model S and X were so expensive it didn't make a lot of difference.

But in general, yes I don't agree with tax incentives like this, I'd just remove the taxes in general and get out of the way if I were the tax code, but I'm not.
Tesla lost it somewhere around mid 2019. Our Model 3 qualified for the ~4300 rebate, purchased in February.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
Do you have choice or is it a "it would be a shame if we had to evoke eminent domain" to run these high power lines?
It's sort of interesting. They do have the ability to condemn your land but they are really trying to avoid that. I have joined a landowner's group to hire lawyers to negotiate with the company and they are offering what to me is a pretty significant amount of money for the easement ($100-200k per mile). The initial proposed route was the worst of all worlds for me. It passed through the neighborhood, and was probably going to be visible out my living room window, but didn't actually cross any of my land so I get to look at the fucking thing but get no money and no say over it whatsoever. Luckily for me a rich guy who owns a ranch that it was going to cross said he didn't want it on his place and they rerouted it so it doesn't go close to my house at all, but crosses 2 miles of the ranch in an area far from where I live where the idea of looking at the towers is much less objectionable.

The group is only for people who want to get the best possible deal though. If you want it stopped you can't be part of the group and they told us that stopping this kind of shit is almost never successful. Since they can condemn your land, if there's not another good option and you tell them "fuck you" they have the power to say "no fuck you" and cross your land and only pay $3-5000 per mile, which is not a good deal for you and they don't want to do it either just for the lawsuits and bad publicity that would come with it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Yeah! Vehicle that cost GM billions in a recall is a good bet!
seeing the related videos, it seems like last year gm was giving a credit for a 240v garage install, it was pretty hefty too, 1k for the install and up to 500 for the certs, wonder if theyre still doing it, otherwise the car is junk at just 120ac charging (not saying it isn't anyway, buying a car made in detroit by detroit retards, lulz)