Car ?'s

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Reminds me of a story my dad told me. When I was a kid my grandparents had a huge back yard. On one side there were two little mounds with a pit between them and a bush to the side. The grown ups would just call it the snake pit and told us to not go near it. We stayed away from it in fear, although my cousin fell into it once. So here I am talking to my dad 30+ years later and he told me the 'snake pit' was just a spot my grandfather used to change the oil on their cars. It was two mounds of dirt he would roll the front wheels up on, then drain the oil into the pit between them. Over time the grass grew over it and the family just named it that to keep the kids from rolling around in old motor oil.

Was common thinking at the time. Use gravel for best results apparently.

1637483118183.png

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Not sure where to post this.. maybe here?

Looking at buying a utility side-by-side. Something like a Honda pioneer, Polaris ranger etc.

budget is max 30kish with options.

Anyone have experience with these? Yamaha vs Polaris vs Honda etc.

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
Not sure where to post this.. maybe here?

Looking at buying a utility side-by-side. Something like a Honda pioneer, Polaris ranger etc.

budget is max 30kish with options.

Anyone have experience with these? Yamaha vs Polaris vs Honda etc.

budgets are for poors. Just showed your hand folger.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
This is the adult forum. Conduct yourself accordingly. 30k is plenty to purchase almost any UTV.
Forgot link:

With all the right options (including audio roof) you are probably mid 30's out the door.

• 1Moron

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Forgot link:

With all the right options (including audio roof) you are probably mid 30's out the door.
UTILITY. I’m not looking for some California dune cruiser for fucks sake. I need something for around the farm hence Polaris range or Honda pioneer.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Everyone I know with a Polaris says they break down all the fucking time. A neighbor has a couple of Hondas and really likes them but when I looked into them they didn't have one with a fully enclosed hard cab. Might be less of an issue for you than it is for us. We have a John Deere 835 Gator which we really like. Very nice cab and the bed dumps etc. Even has air conditioning although it's pretty noisy and not that powerful. Gets used by someone pretty much every day. A friend of mine who works on them says they have the least trouble with the Gators and the Can Ams.

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Everyone I know with a Polaris says they break down all the fucking time. A neighbor has a couple of Hondas and really likes them but when I looked into them they didn't have one with a fully enclosed hard cab. Might be less of an issue for you than it is for us. We have a John Deere 835 Gator which we really like. Very nice cab and the bed dumps etc. Even has air conditioning although it's pretty noisy and not that powerful. Gets used by someone pretty much every day. A friend of mine who works on them says they have the least trouble with the Gators and the Can Ams.
So my issue with Honda is engine placement on the pioneer 1000 allegedly makes them hot as fuck to sit in. Buddy was just in one last weekend mentioned it, I researched it online and apparently this is known.

I don’t doubt gator may be the most reliable of the bunch but it’s lacking options that’d I’d like. The Polaris 1000 xp also has 500 lbs more towing capacity which is nice.

can-am defender is right now another option that looks really good. Similar to the Ranger xp 1000 can tow 2500 lbs.

I’ve heard of people having issues with Polaris but I’m curious what their use case is… Imagine a lot of owners are beating the shit out of them. Would be nice to hear specifically the experience ranger owners who are land owners.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i had 2s acceleration lag on the subiee, i thought maybe it's a sparkplug, plugged in the blue driver and no issues, decided to change them anyway (while not old it's close to 50k miles)

i don't have to tell you subiees are annoying to change the spark plugs

still losing acceleration

cleaned mass flow, throttle body and changed air filter, got acceleration back.

i guess here in tn theres a lot more pollen to deal w/, the air filter was piss yellow color (it was 2020, new ish)

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
i had 2s acceleration lag on the subiee, i thought maybe it's a sparkplug, plugged in the blue driver and no issues, decided to change them anyway (while not old it's close to 50k miles)

i don't have to tell you subiees are annoying to change the spark plugs

still losing acceleration

cleaned mass flow, throttle body and changed air filter, got acceleration back.

i guess here in tn theres a lot more pollen to deal w/, the air filter was piss yellow color (it was 2020, new ish)

You hit the gas, and it takes ~2 seconds to get a response? Sounds like a fuel pump or injector problem. Maybe a computer problem, as injectors or pump should throw codes in newer cars?

You could try running a bottle of fuel injector cleaner through a tank of gas. Maybe you will get lucky and that's all it will take...

I had to replace the fuel pump in my old 3rd gen Trans Am and it was absolutely horrible. It was an in tank pump, which was on the top of the tank and the tank was above the rear axle, with the addition of an exhaust pipe in the way.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
You hit the gas, and it takes ~2 seconds to get a response? Sounds like a fuel pump or injector problem. Maybe a computer problem, as injectors or pump should throw codes in newer cars?

You could try running a bottle of fuel injector cleaner through a tank of gas. Maybe you will get lucky and that's all it will take...

I had to replace the fuel pump in my old 3rd gen Trans Am and it was absolutely horrible. It was an in tank pump, which was on the top of the tank and the tank was above the rear axle, with the addition of an exhaust pipe in the way.
oh i guess you missed the part where i said it came back, it was either the air filter or massflow/throttle was dirty

it wouldn't have been a fuel pump cuz i changed that about 20k ago, and yea it was also an intank pump.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
oh i guess you missed the part where i said it came back, it was either the air filter or massflow/throttle was dirty

it wouldn't have been a fuel pump cuz i changed that about 20k ago, and yea it was also an intank pump.

Yea, read over that part, oops.

Amazing that the MAS wasn't throwing codes with a filter clogged enough to cause noticeable issues.

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Speaking of air filters. This might be a laugh. Apparently motorcycles get dirtier faster than my car filters. 15k mile

20211204_133008.jpg

• 1Mother of God