Castlevania

Siliconemelons

Lords of Shadow is awesome in its own right and a completely new re-invention of Castlevania, it's sad that 2 ended and nothing been done with the IP other than remakes and crap. I didn't play 2 bc it was total mixed review, so I left my wonderful exp of Los1 and mirror of fate as is, I didn't care for the time travel aspect.

Drac should not be depressed in CV3, he should be like that post ston from learning that Lisa would be super sad and pissed that he got all nukelear

Urgh devil forgemaster curse of darkness crap is in s2... bah I just watched the s2 preview and got hhhyyypppeeeddd

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Whichever fucking idiot decided two of the main characters should have a single piece of hair hanging in there face in every scene should never be able to work in the industry ever again. It is goddamn ridiculously distracting in every scene.

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

Oh shit nice. The way they ended S3, it felt like they wanted to put it in a spot where that could serve as a show finale.

Binks

Golden Knight of the Realm
I want to like it more. Despite having rich lore to pull from, the writing is a bit bland. Also, the dialogue and tone of the series seems to be all over the place--from gratuitous gore/brutality to pug-like-cutesy zombie dogs--and they haven't found the balance, yet. The use of archaic words/phrases amongst modern vernacular/tropes is also mildly jarring like the array of accents by the actors in Troy. The show seems to be like a buddy comedy meets something dark, somber, and mopey.

• 1Solidarity

Tantrik

Golden Knight of the Realm
So...

What was Dracula doing the first time he used his mirror and tossed that cloth/cape through it? I was guessing they'd revisit that as a cliffhanger but it never happened.

Siliconemelons

So...

What was Dracula doing the first time he used his mirror and tossed that cloth/cape through it? I was guessing they'd revisit that as a cliffhanger but it never happened.

Are they putting mirror of fate shit from neo-vania LOS lore into classic lore? I mean other than a-typical mirror no reflection stuff, the only mirror stuff is bad guy in a mirror reflection - and Dawn of Sorrows mirror bad guy boss.

• 1Like

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
I guess I saw it as testing an item passing through the mirror, so when he pushed Isaac through, he could assume he would be ok.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Yeah I think tgo show the difference between his mirror and the viewing one at the Belmonts. Just finished this, was good shit. Wrapped up well enough to be a finale but also open enough to allow more seasons with a continued story.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Hot damn this season is even better than the last. This show is so damn good, the writing, the art direction, the voice acting, the setting, the plot, the characters. It's all good.

Also, in case anyone didn't know, it's already been renewed for a season 3 :)

Siliconemelons

"What? I am a viking, we build boats out of things."

At first I was like "wtf they totes I diversity-ed Issac" then I looked him up to remember , yeah, well done- OG Issac was super gay, litterally.

Also, I suppose I'll spoiler this

I didn't like that Lisa said that the devil is not real, it's been implied in S1 and in many of the games, specifically STON and LOI - stroker orig - that God/Jesus/Bible and the supernatural are real, the fact they are the dark bad Satan side of things proves it - darkness proving light and vice versa - Drac quotes the bible to Richter etc. I get "catholic church bad!" But it's getting over played - having even Isaac's abuser be religious without needing to be, but it is just cause we hate religion!

edit: they showed this in S1 that they had the small group of monks being able to successfully bless water and ward evil - they were the example of "true" religious Godly folk vs the corrupted church that twisted religion into power- hence "there is no God here" OMNMNOM

It's also kind of the point of the prod reformation that breaks the control of catholicism - giving the word of God and salvation by faith to all- no "church" or "priest" required, yes I know it's a show about vampires...

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Siliconemelons

Finished finally...

essentially ret-cons all of curse of darkness, no one will care.

The castle still there after drags death is... a: he is not dead or b: a huge departure from every damn game.

Only ruins of Castlevania persist after death, even when he is able to be reborn- aka, all the damn time... so... yeah

Final fight was cool, but I wanted the damn walk up the bloody outdoor staircase to his awesome throne room that almost all games did, so awesome.

s3 is 10 EP, enough to go over CoD - Issac and Hector fighting, death tricking them to be the sacrifice to resurrect dracula- Trevor pissing about.

Then they need to move on, 1999 or rondo ston... although imo this show ruins much of ston, story wise.

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Finished finally...

essentially ret-cons all of curse of darkness, no one will care.

The castle still there after drags death is... a: he is not dead or b: a huge departure from every damn game.

Only ruins of Castlevania persist after death, even when he is able to be reborn- aka, all the damn time... so... yeah

Final fight was cool, but I wanted the damn walk up the bloody outdoor staircase to his awesome throne room that almost all games did, so awesome.

s3 is 10 EP, enough to go over CoD - Issac and Hector fighting, death tricking them to be the sacrifice to resurrect dracula- Trevor pissing about.

Then they need to move on, 1999 or rondo ston... although imo this show ruins much of ston, story wise.
I didnt even think about the Castle part. True enough. that could tie into Drac's resurrection likely.

I did like the Belmont Library part. "as above, so below" Explains the mirror castle, and how Belmont weapons and upgrades find their way INTO the castle, as its now part of it.

• 1Like

Siliconemelons

Yeah, and they tied in Leon, so that puts LOI into the shows cannon - so... shouldn't Drac have said something more than "oh a Belmont" lol

I think they more-overed the fan service in the 2nd season... and moving it outsider of CV3 imo was not good as it kinda as I stated above, ruins STOTN if that gets made into a show etc.

Siliconemelons

I am talking about the story progression of dracula, the entire point of STOTN was that Lisa did not want dracula to kill humans, and drac giving up his war on humans. Much of that is played out in this, also imo Lisa and Alucard happen too fast in timelines etc.

Cybsled

True, but if they went the SOTN route, then they would have to abandon 2/3rds the current "good guy" cast. I mean they could do it, but it would be a hard reset.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
The chest opening in ep3 I was like yes? yes? Got ‘em!

I may be out of vodka but not bourbon and cigarettes. Let’s go!