Castlevania

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Damn, they know how to tease. What a long ass wait but looks fantastic. Season 1 was the worst kind of cock tease but at least October is on the horizon.

Cybsled

Season 1 was surprisingly good. For whatever reason I never got into castlevania as a kid so nostalgia didn’t have a chance to color my experience. Looking forward to season 2 (and hopefully more episodes per season?).

Season 2 will be 8 episodes.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Siliconemelons

It is good, it just kinda sucks that...well... the entire thing could be resolved if friggen Alucard would just sit down and have a chat with ol pops.

End of SOTN

Alucard: Dude, pops - mom said not to hate humans, like as she was burning alive she absolutely did not want you to freak out and kill humans
Dracula: shit....
Alucard: U good now?
Dracula: Lisa! forgive me! arrghhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
wonder with its success if they got some of the music this time.
also reminder oct 26th.

Cybsled

Finished watching the season. Pretty solid and the 8th episode really has the feeling of a series finale. The final scene was a downer, though. They left just enough to allow further seasons. I was hyped when the SoTN music kicked in during the 6th or 7th episode. Some other good Easter eggs, like the bone serpent skeleton.

Only downsides is it felt a little cluttered with the extra characters and with the way it ended, you didn’t feel like there was a good payoff with those characters for the most part.

Siliconemelons

Ohh yay, going to cram a few episodes into the end of work ;-)

The only thing I do not like is this is solidifying the connection of CV3 to SOTN and the overall lore... but I just do not care for CV3 as I felt it was a step back from CV2's RPG and open world, that SOTN then did masterfully.

As Lisa should have, kinda, predated all CVs as it instigated Drac to go nuclear on humans.. at least from S1 - this is implied that Lisa was a recent thing- while in game we are only given the info in the Succubus scene from SOTN.

Caliane

Ohh yay, going to cram a few episodes into the end of work ;-)

The only thing I do not like is this is solidifying the connection of CV3 to SOTN and the overall lore... but I just do not care for CV3 as I felt it was a step back from CV2's RPG and open world, that SOTN then did masterfully.

As Lisa should have, kinda, predated all CVs as it instigated Drac to go nuclear on humans.. at least from S1 - this is implied that Lisa was a recent thing- while in game we are only given the info in the Succubus scene from SOTN.

The games timeline:
Lament of Innocence. 1094 AD. Leon Belmont and Mathias Cronqvist are knights/friends. Walter Benrhard is a vampire, with a castle. Walter kidnaps Sara, Leons fiance. Leon abandons the church when it refuses to help. Sara is infected with vampirism. Sacrifices herself, to fuse her soul into a whip. Vampire Killer is created. Walter is defeated. however Mathias betrays Leon and becomes a vampire. Mathias claims the Castle moves it away. changes his name to Dracula. While the belmonts fight evil. Dracula just chills for 400years growing in power, and hiding away. Meets Lisa.

Castlevania 3. 1476
Lisa dies at the hands of humans. the genocide begins. Trevor Belmont responds. Meets Sypha, has kids. Alacard goes to sleep.
starts the 100 year cycle. although, he does get awakened often in between..

castlevania 1. 1691.
Simon Belmont
castlevania 2 1698

castlevania: harmony of dissonance. 1748
juste belmont

castlevania: rondo of blood 1792
Richter belmont

Castlevania: symphoney of the night 1797
Richters possessed. Alacard wakes.

Belmont line is broken with Richter.
and so on.

Castlevania Timeline

unrelated.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
That cover is so fucking good. Cant wait to qatch this. All 8 episodes tomorrow and ill post my thoughts. Really hoping its a gamechanger. I feel it is <3

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
So when is Season 3? I feel bad that we blew through this tonight and it’s already over. Music was fantastic this season.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
I wasn't a fan of the character interactions in Season 2; it was almost as bad as female comedy.

My review: Castlevania is the best of its kind but falls well short of perfection and leaves one seeking moar.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Holy hell, this is incredibly addicting. The interactions between the two forgemasters is fantastic. I was unfortunate to never play any of the original Castlevania's -- only Lords of Shadow (though, I dabbled in SotN after LoS), so I only know Alucard as Trevor. Difficult to distinguish the two when it's all I know, lol.

Caliane

"never played any of the Castlevanias" wow.
I'm not sure what you mean by "only know Alucard as Trevor"

also, yeah, this series is fantastic. But also deeply flawed. just showing how bad the state of animation is in the west.

Some of the problems.
Huge amounts of time spent on vampire politics these season. Depressed drac. S1, drac is all about war on humans. That apparently ends instantly between seasons as he suddenly doesnt give a shit, and just wants to die.
Needed MUCH more children of the night ravaging the countryside. We needed much more stakes here. 1 raid, the entire season. the rest of the time, vampires spent fighting themselves in the castle.
Teleporting castle did the most damage... and THAT was Slyphas fault more then anything.

Vampire killer/morning star needed a flashback/expo dump. if you are not familiar with it, you would have no idea what this sudden thing was. The vampire generals all stop and look at IT. not trevor, the Morning star. Shit themselves, and then all turn on the trio.
A bit too much jerking off to Alucard. last 50% of Dracula fight is alucard 1v1 dracula, as slyph and Trevor vanish from the fight. Then drac suicides to Alucard. Trevor needed to do more. And, thus there be a larger reason for Dracula to be pissed off on resurrections.

originally, I was complaining that the castle siege was a bit too quick. hall->study immediately. No dungeon crawl fighting monsters to get to drac ala every castlevania.
However, Castlevania 3 WAS like that. Most of 3, was the countryside. Wallachia village, marsh, clock tower, ghost ship, mines, alucard cave, etc. last 3 levels were courtyard, grand hall, clocktower+drac fight..

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
In Lord of Shadow, Trevor is Alucard. Hence why I said that I've only really known Trevor as Alucard, instead of them being completely different people.